Chiefs Weekly

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NDCOLTS1979, Oct 23, 2010.

1. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

2. NDCOLTS1979

Chiefs in talks with #2 picks agent. They have decided on their pick.

By KENT BABB

The Kansas City Star

It appears that they have confirmed their pick in the upcoming draft. I was totally shocked by the pick and amazed at the route they are going. Time will only tell if this is going to be a smart decision or not. But how can you not respect their decisions after last years draft picks and the quality players they have alrady become in such short time. 1st round pick Eric Berry played above and beyond as a rookie recording 70 tackles 5 interceptions and 3 forced fumbles. McCluster their #2 pick didnt see much action and has been traded in principle along with their #3 pick Arenas. Their 3 round pipck Guard Asamoah played great last season as a starter and is here for the long haul as he will once again start for the Chiefs at the Lg position. Another guy who was picked in the 3rd round was Tony Moeaki and he was a force early on but with the qb trouble the Chiefs have had all season long he tailed off in the end. Had a great season and should become a huge factor next year after having one year under his belt and learning the offense. The word out of Arrowhead Stadium has been the Chiefs and the #2 pick have agreed in principle on the deal and he looks forward to playing with the Chiefs next year and hopes they can make a playoff run and improve on a horrible 3-13 record. They did have a few games where they played great but never really put it alll together. The Chiefs have 3 first round picks and will look forward to making an impact right off the bat next season. With Berry, Asamoah and Moeaki as 2nd year players. The Chiefs also have cap room to take and make an impact with signing a couple free agents as well to sure up the team where its needed.

Calls to the Chiefs front office werent answered so we couldnt confirm the info but reliable sources states that the wheels have been in motion since they found out where they were drafting. Stay tuned to Kansas City Star for more info as the offseason draws near

posted 10/25/2010 4:28pm

All questions for Kent cant can be submitted to ndcolts1979 pm box or on yim coltjamesconstruction and they will be answered here wen he gets to them all

3. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

good stuff. :)

4. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

So your pick is???

5. NDCOLTS1979

Not saying till the #1 pick gets confirmed and there is no backing out

6. NDCOLTS1979

Cassel saga continues in the off season

By KENT BABB

The Kansas City Star
    Cassel showed up today with a cast on his right wrist. When asked what happened he said he tripped over his dog. This would be more likely if he actually had a dog. I have blamed a dog for anything since it used to eat my homework back in school. The best part of his wrist being in a cast is that we now dont have to worry about him throwing the ball to the other team. Its still unclear how long he will be in a cast but this Chiefs fan is personally hoping that it will never heal. I still cant believe the money we gave this joker as i could feed the entire city of Kansas City for a year with the price it would take to just get rid of him. Speaking of food Kansas City is having a barbecue tom night at Arrowhead Stadium. The proceeds go to feed the hunger here in Kansas City. To bad it didn't go towards a moving van for Cassel. Aww the wishing on a star routine is going again. I go to bed every night and get down on my knees next to my bed and pray that Cassel wouldnt be in a Chiefs uniform next year. Now hear is what i think really happened to Cassel. I think he was playing football with his kids in the backyard and threw and interception and his son stomped him all over the place and broke his wrist. If that turns out to be the case his son is now number #1 in my book. Offseason is only a couple weeks away and i am really looking forward to see what direction the Chiefs are going to take. It has been pretty hush hush over at Arrowhead stadium. On one final note i sent commissioner Goddell an email the other day asking if by chance Cassel was to get back on the field if the wrs could possibly wear a different jersey than him. I told him it was for the good of the game as Cassel seems to not enjoy throwing to the same jersey. Apparently he feels that the same color jersey is a negative and not a positive. Maybe the chiefs should take and give Cassel a yellow jersey in practice instead of red. Maybe this way it will change the entire confusion of not hitting the guy in the red. Just a thought. Well until next week or the next break in a story i am off to have some more shots of Whiskey as i was told i have to review the Chiefs season and look at game footage. Like i want to see Cassel throwing the picks all over again.

7. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

:D very nice stuff....LMFAO... on the Cassel story.

8. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Good stuff... Chiefs lookin to make some noise in the West. 3 1st round picks should get it done

9. NDCOLTS1979

Chiefs have decided on off season resignings

By KENT BABB

The Kansas City Star
    Derrick Johnson 80ovr asking price MLB
    5yr 15.6 mil 5.2 bonus
    Barry Richardson 74ovr asking price LT
    5yr 19.21mil 7.65 bonus
    Rudy Niswanger 75 ovr C
    Franchise Tag
    Ryan O'Callaghan 79 ovr asking price RT
    5yr 32.35mil 12.9 bonus
    Ikechuku Ndukwe 65 ovr asking price RT
    5yr 4.52mil 1.3 bonus
    Andy Studebaker 72 ovr asking price oLB
    5yr 6.56mil 2.65 bonus
    Jovan Belcher 71 ovr asking price MLB
    4yr 5.29mil 2.12bonus
    Reshard Langfor 71ovr asking price FS
    4yr 6.37mil 2.52 bonus
    Chiefs have decided to cut ties with a few of their guys stating i hope them the best but we just need to take and go niin a different direction

10. CHUNKNESS

This is good stuff. Thx for remaining active, Greg!

Word on the street is that Niswanger and the Chiefs front office were able to come to terms. (see your official resignings post)​

11. NDCOLTS1979

[​IMG]

Chiefs Cassel has made his feelings known

By KENT BABB

The Kansas City Star

Chiefs Cassel has made his feelings known throughout the Chiefs locker room. He has been noted asking for a trade or a release. The chiefs are in no position to be able to grant him his wish as it would be impossible giving the cap problems granting him his wish would cause the Chiefs. Cassel is not happy with the decision made that he will not be the number one Qb for the Chiefs next season. After his last season how can you blame the Chiefs for making the decision. Only way he was going to complete a pass is if the Chiefs decided to take and put the WRs and the TEs in the other teams jersey which was denied by the league. Who will play qb for the Chiefs next season is still to be seen. There are alot of rumors going around about who will be but i am not in the position to write Rumors. On other news the Chiefs are shopping 2 players this offseason Joseph Addai and Ryan Lilja have been placed on the block.​
    Joseph Addai about being on the block " I hate the fact i may not be here next year but i was told they are just shopping me to see the interest so there is a chance i will be back. The fans in Kansas City are a blast and no matter what i wish them the best if i am a Chief or not. Next year i have a feeling they are going to take and do something special and i want to be a part of that.​
    Ryan Lilja " Business is Business i dont want to be traded but if i am then i will do my best where ever i go. I am just thankful the Chiefs organization came to me first and told me what they are doing. I cant say i will be here next season but there is no hard feelings and i hope i am back.​
    Next year the Chiefs are going to be sinking in a long term contract with Flowers. Negotiations are in the works right now. From the word i am hearing the contract will be announced during the season and he is the only main player open for contract next season.​

12. CHUNKNESS

HINT-HINT ;)

nice write-up Greg

13. NDCOLTS1979

Shocking breaking news

By KENT BABB

The Kansas City Star
    Chiefs have officially ate the 16mil cap hit and released Cassel according to sources he was becoming a problem in the clubhouse with him being told he will no longer be a starter for the Chiefs. This is something no one really expected but it was stated i would rather take a 16mil hit than pay this guy to cause problems. We have a great core of you talent and we dont want to take away from their focus. Well i am for one happy he is gone

14. Bradkaz96

Bradkaz96 Sim-Nation LSU Tigers

Wow, the Cheifs front office must really hate Cassel... lol

15. NDCOLTS1979

Yes i would rather get ran over by stampeding bulls that to ever see him in a chiefs jersey

16. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

[​IMG]

Could Matt Cassell spurn the Chiefs and sign with division rival Denver? Let the rumors run wild as Josh Mcdaniels once coveted Matt Cassell after coaching him up in New England. More details coming soon....

17. LtJustice

LtJustice QSF Commissioner

Not to be a party pooper, but wouldn't cutting Cassell exceed the allowable cap penalty (15M) per season?

18. ferocious

ferocious Bring it

Thats actually just for trades Jim, as far as releases I think as long as ur team can handle the cap space you can release who ever u want.

19. LtJustice

You may be correct, I've never really differentiated between the two myself and maybe just assumed that's the way it was, I always figured penalty is penalty. I look forward to a response from Doug or Eddie for clarification.

20. NDCOLTS1979

No where is there a rule that says you can only release up to how much only trade. No real reason to keep Cap space so why have someone on my team that i dont want and wasting a roster spot. I have more than enough cap space for this.

21. NDCOLTS1979

This would be a wish come true as u will fall to the bottom of the league

22. CSteud

CSteud Walk On

I'm 99.9% sure it only counts for trades.

23. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

haha just messin, we want nothing to do with Cassell and will miss seeing him in Kansas City hahah

24. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Nice write up. I wish I knew the cap hit rule earlier. I would have axed Haynesworth a while ago. No point in it now....

25. LtJustice

I'm not saying I'm right, just how I always interpreted it. As far as the cap space though, it will count next year, not this year.