Chit chat

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Keller, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Chit chat

Well guys, tell me about yourselves. No I don't want to read your bio, lol. Why'd you choose the team you're going with? Where ya from, what do you do for a living, what the best sporting event you've ever been to and why, whats your schedule look like (both IRL and in the league) and what games are you looking forward to the most?

Thats all I could think of off the top of my head but my thinking was if I'm going to be a part of the league I want to get to know you guys.

I'm from Cincinnati, Ohio (or around there rather) and I graduated last spring from Ohio State. Yes I'd rather choose the Buckeyes for our league but hey, it is what it is. I chose the Terps because I rolled with them in NCAA 09 when they had Heyward-Bey so I'm semi familiar with the team and I think it would be a lot of fun trying to build back up their program again. I'm 24, and I pay my bills by working as a Network Admin for a small non for profit organization in downtown Columbus. I love my job. I get to do something I love and I still have time to jump on the forums during the day to mix it up with all of you guys.

The best sporting event I've ever been to was a few years ago, I think my sophomore year here at OSU when Texas came into the shoe for a night game. I'd never been more excited for a game in my life and the matchup was just sick. Vince Young was just the real deal and beat us but man I had a ridiculously good time in the stands. I believe Vince still says that was the loudest, craziest stadium he's ever played in and I was a part of that. I had absolutely no voice, we damn near rioted after we lost and it was just an experience I'll never forget. I also went to that epic #1 #2 matchup between OSU and Michigan, and no it wasn't as good as the Texas game. Neither was the USC/OSU game at the shoe last year that I went to.

As for my schedule, I'm pretty much a 9-5er. Or in my case a 7:30 to 4er, Eastern obviously. That means I can play after 4:30 eastern up until about 10 or 10:30. I also go out of town sometimes but I can generally have access to an xbox if I need to play a game.

As far as my game schedule well... I don't know who all I'll be playing yet so I'm looking forward to simply seeing it. As far as what games I'm looking forward to, well... Starcraft 2 is coming out soon so that should be fantastic. Diablo 3 will hopefully follow and then theres of course Madden, Kane and Lynch 2 I'll probably rent, same for Dead Rising 2, and the epic Halo: Reach, Fifa 11, Medal of Honor, Fallout New Vegas, Fable 3, and COD Black Ops. Lol, I know, I'm a nerd.

But I also play sports... I play bball weekly with my dudes from college and I'm trying to put together a flag football team as well for the summer. I'd play softball if I could ever get a team together. I'm overall fairly athletic so I like to get out as much as I can.

What about you guys?

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I am from michigan and am I life long Detroit Lions fan. Also a big Detroit Tigers fan. I chose Illinois because I actually live closer to chicago than detroit so I like some of there teams and i listen to 670 the score everyday. I hate the bears though. I work at meijers stocking produce from about 3am to 9 am. I like it because I dont have to talk to people and time goes by fast. Best sporting event I ever been to was pry one of my trips to the pontiac silverdome to watch the lions and barry sanders play. That guy was amazing, I remember watching him tear up the vikings for about 200 yards.

I have a nice long rebuilding job to do at Illinois but I hope to get a bowl year 1.

3. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Hova, do you work at the meijer on Knapp and E.Beltline? Or the one on 28th street in GR? I'm from Grand Rapids so I've probably seen you around if your at one of those haha.

4. Hova

nah I work at the one on marketplace, right off the kalamazoo Ave exit off M6. It's actually in kentwood

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Well, I'm from Grand Rapids, MI but I currently reside in East Lansing. I graduated from Michigan State in May and am applying to med school while doing research in a lab at MSU. It's a great job, grants me tons of freedom, looks great on the resume, and I have days with a lot of free time so I can float around on the forums.

I've been a lifelong MSU fan, Lions fan, and a HUGE tigers fan (unfortunately they are about to lose first place to the damn Twins).

There are a couple sporting events I've been to that really stick out. I was 1st row in the Izzone for the MSU v #1 Wisconsin bball game 3 years ago when Neitzel single handedly upset the badgers, we rushed the court and former Spartan great Antonio Smith gave me the biggest hug I've ever gotten haha. The other event was the final four in Detroit in 2009, I was at both MSU games and they were out of control with the huge crowd at Ford Field.

I chose to play as Arizona in this league because I am already MSU in another, and I have been to Arizona's campus in Tucson a couple times for tennis tournaments while playing for MSU's club tennis team and really liked it there. Their starting QB also happens to be an MSU transfer haha.

Other than tennis, I played soccer and baseball in high school for a year each, but had to give them up for tennis because it was my best sport and the seasons conflicted. I play in softball tournaments in EL pretty frequently still and baseball is probably still my favorite sport to play.

I also work 9-5, but my weekends are very open for now.

As for video games, I've played about every type of video game there is but the only game im really excited to purchase is NCAA '11. I don't think I'm buying Madden this year, I wasn't a huge fan of last years game and it doesn't look like they have made enough improvements to make it worth it.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

I currenty live in Lansing, MI. I am going to school to become a Paramedic, I hope to graduate in May. I just recently graduated from the Basic EMT Academy this past May and am working on getting licensed.

I am a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE Michigan State fan, I have yet to use them in a Tradition dynasty and since management asked me to run this league I was going to do it with my favorite team. Currently planning on getting season tickets. I also love the Detroit Tigers, already made a game this year and watched them beat the Yankees. As for NFL I don't really like the Lions, I go North for Green Bay. Go Pack Go!! I started watching them when I was like 13 and got captivated by Brett Favre and the Packers themselves and have been a huge fan since. Yes I am still a Favre fan, nobody can hate on a man who is 40 and still slinging the ball around like that. Unfortunately I have yet to go to Lambeau or see the Packers play live (Lambeau is kinda far from here, like 12-16 hours and I just never really felt like going to Detroit or elsewhere).

As for what I do for a living, I work at the college delivering medical equipment for the Nursing and EMS classes. It's pretty boring at times and I don't get the greatest hours, which explains why I am on here like 24/7. Once I become an EMT for real things will change lol.

The best sporting even I have been to is all the MSU games I've been to and the most recent game the Tigers played vs the Yankees. I have never seen them play the Yanks in person and it was a really great game.

And finally, I plan to get to a bowl with Michigan State and win this one, show Dantonio how it's done. The games I look most forward to are the Notre Dame and Michigan games as they are great rivalries.

Phew...

7. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

I am originally from Warner Robins, Georgia but I currently go to school in LaGrange, GA about 40 miles north of Columbus and 30 miles west of Auburn. I'm a junior at LaGrange College and also play Division 3 football. I'm a HUGE Florida and Georgia Tech supporter but my number one team is and will always be the Atlanta Braves.

I decided to run with Clemson in this league because I plan on running the triple option (we'll see when the game comes out) and they have the players to fit into that system. Not to mention I usually root for any team out of the SEC and most ACC teams.

The best sporting event I have ever attended would have to be the Florida - Georgia rivalry down in Jacksonville or when I was younger seeing the Braves play in the World Series against the Yankees.

My schedule can be quite rough in the fall with school, football, and road trips but I know I have plenty of free time to get a few games in a week and be active on the site.

I'm excited to see what I can do with this FAST Clemson offense in my first year.

8. Keller

D3 football? I'm impressed/jealous. I wish I had the balls to tryout for a team when I left HS. Who do you play for and what position/positions?

9. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

I play for LaGrange College and my freshman year i played all three linebacker positions throughout the year and then last season i started the first two games at outside linebacker until i tore my acl and miniscus and then this season i'll be back at middle linebacker.

10. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Im from Jacksonville Fl, living here now, im in the NAVY, i work on the big planes so i dont know nothing about no ships lol.

Before i joined the navy i was a student athlete, played 2 yrs JU CO college basketball (im 9th overall scorer at my JU CO, 6th single season scoring :)) at Florida Community College at Jacksonville. i then earned a scholarship to a little D2 school in West Virginia, Glenville State College, where i finished my career.

I then came back to jacksonville Florida to finish up my BA degree at UNF. I taught highschool for a little while, didnt like it, so i joined the Navy.

Most memorable game i went to was i think 2007 Jaguars vs Chargers, we got sworn into the navy at halftime of the game. and i think the Jags won.

I chose USF because i always root for the FL teams when playing anybody else, but ima Gator fan overall.

I still play sports regularly, even though my body is broke down lol. I love to play flag football and basketball.

oh, and im looking forward to getting smacked around by UF my first game lol.

11. Keller

Nice man. D3 or not you're playing football and that is just awesome. I hope you freaking destroy people and have a ton of fun. Good luck this year man.

12. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

thanks a lot man we should have a good season

13. FacePlant City

FacePlant City FacePlant City

Hello all.

I am currently up in Northern Michigan for the summer, but am at college at Western Michigan University during the Fall and Spring. However, I am HUGE Michigan wolverine fan as I have grown up cheering for them with my family.

I have been doing music as a job during the summers fo about 3 years now, and am still loving it.

I chose Northwestern (due to their spread offense) as I have been watching the transition of Michigan football from power to spread. I want to make Northwestern's spread more dominant.

I am excited to be in the league and really want to get it underway badly. I have only been in a Tradition madden league thus far, and I am expecting a lot of fun in this one.

14. Hova

Alot of people from Michigan in this league lol

15. prewett53

prewett53 Walk On

I feel like an outsider from the south :)

16. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

me too,
    alota mid west peeps, Ton of Michigans lol

Cant wait to get the league going, should be fun reading the articles and looking at highlights....

17. KoG CHEESEDIP

KoG CHEESEDIP Walk On

I'm from also from the south.
    I'm from McDonough, Georgia. I'm a youngster, as I'm just entering my senior year in high school. I play soccer for my high school, CM.
    I love all sports,but baseball and soccer are my favorites.
    I'm a huge Atlanta Braves.Boston Red Sox ,Georgia Tech, Atlanta Falcons , Atlanta Hawks, and Fulham FC fan.

The best game I've ever been to was a few years ago when my family took a trip up to Boston to watch a game in Fenway.

I chose UConn because I like thei color schemes( as gay as that sounds) and I was touched by the Jasper Howard story last year and how the team responded to his death.