Chomp!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Urine_Trouble_, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

Chomp!

That's right I actually did my first Gator CHOMP in NCAA. Actually I did 3 times. Georgia got the ball first and went three and out. Junior tailback Demps carried the load and quarterback Brantley converted some short yardage 3rd down plays. But after a 12 play drive the Gators went up 7-0 on a 9 yard run by Jeff Brantley. Georgia moved the ball a little only to sputter out. On first down Brantley threw a pick 6 to Georgia all world cornerback Brandon Boykin. One the ensuing drive Gators again methodically drove down the field for a 2 yards Demps run. 14-7 Gators and the chomping continued. Gators defense stopped the Bulldogs for a 3 and out and Brantley drove the team 82 yards in 42 seconds finishing off the drive with a bullet pass over the middle to Justin Williams. 21-7 at the half.

Both defenses stymied the opposing offenses. Early in the fourth the Bulldogs mustered a drive the resulted in 7 going for it on fourth down from the 30, from the 15 and from the 2. Converting on all of them. 21-14 Gators. On the ensuing drive on 3rd and long from deep in their own territory Brantley fumbled at the Gator 12 yard-line and the Bulldogs recovered it. First down a 7 yard completion. From the the Bulldogs ran the ball for -1, 1, and on fourth down another -1. Gators got the ball and didn't give it back.

Next up for the Gators... Vandy in Vandy. A new playbook on both sides of the ball (Michigan on offense and balanced on defense) helped simplify the offense and made the defense a little more aggressive.

2. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Any reason why you had to restart the game? ;)

3. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

Disconnected after the kickoff... I was wireless. I guess even as a single player you need a hard wire

4. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

after i was wireless i ran the cable across the living room, sucks to do this but my wireless connection is around 30-40% sometimes its good other times well, i think how busy the server matters. Next time if you want ill take a picture?

5. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

That is between you and Arch about the pic. I have had a restart before and it was for a different set of circumstances, but let us know if you have to restart. It looks bad when you post a summary and don't mention it, then another USER brings it up on the board. Stuff happens, we understand that and can deal with it, but let us know yourself. Don't let someone else call you out on the situation.

6. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

7. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I don't want to beat something to death, but this league is based on integrity. You have to have integrity otherwise it throws everything we do into question. Trust me, I am speaking from experience.

8. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

hey Im expecting to take lumps... playing it the SEC trust me

just like our discussion yesterday... except Im living through it. Enjoy cupcake city I mean every other conference other than the SEC

9. bdub

bdub Walk On

LOL cupcake city. The SEC is cupcake city. You have Florida and Bama and then you have nothing.

10. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I didn't attack you, or your schedule. This is a discussion on your restart that you FAILED to mention. I am sure it was nothing serious, everyone gets the benefit of the doubt at least once, but when you don't mention it until you are called out on it, it RAISES some concerns. I was just trying to tell you this. If you choose to ignore it and throw mud than fine. But you won't see me join in the discussion.

11. egofailure

Easy, I thought I replied to UT's replies before I left for work, but apparently it didn't go through. Luckily, you addressed everything I intended to. As you stated, shit happens, but a pattern will be a problem. You also want to be proactive in explaining the circumstances of a restart. You've lost a few games ... perhaps the pressure to finally net a victory led you to the restart button? ;)

I wasn't aware that you could get booted out of a game with the CPU due to a 'net issue. I assumed that it would only affect the uploading of information to the server after the game. This is good to know.

12. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

ok yea I understand I just was saying I understand I am going to take lumps meaning I will probably lose vs the cpu and I am expecting that. Not accusing any attack you are just telling me what is expected. And yes I failed to state it, I didn't know I had to, I do now and hopefully this is the only time it happens. Just trying to move on... and thanks for the heads up.

13. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

p.s Fuck the Gators! "Urine Trouble" come the end of the year b/c i will piss all over you! Golden shower all game long bitch!

14. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

P.s.s. Fuck the Chomp! It's all about the Chop!

15. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

NCAA 10 you could play your OD game against the CPU offline and then upload the results when your network connection went back on. In NCAA11 if you loose connection to xbox live at any time during the game you are immediately booted from the game and have to restart with a good internet connection.

16. egofailure

I'm pretty sure this isn't the case with PS3. Can anyone add to this via their own experiences?

17. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Pretty easy to test it. Just play a game in OD and at kick off pull out your ethernet cable. I don't see why it would be different between xbox live and psn network. I would guess the requirement to remain online is more an easports server connection requirement then anything else.

18. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

It is simple when I was playing it said I had lost connection and I then was redirected to the main menu... offline. I then connected with a hard wire. The server remark was just a thought. I think the busier the server the better the connection you need.

19. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On

And sample I cannot wait to Chomp in Tallahassee Brotha! Might break out the All Blues Uniees for you.

[​IMG]

20. bdub

bdub Walk On

I know you can't play a game period even if its just a single game outside of your dynasty without a connection. The only time I got knocked out of a dyansty game was when my power went out.

Always best to put it out there before people in the Dynasty see it.

21. Goose

Goose Walk On

I have been 'booted' from the game prior to kickoff and it counts as a restart. PS3. It was a different OD and I let the commish know as soon as it happened even though he didn't care.

22. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Last week when I played my opponent here in TDL my wireless router malfunctioned and I was kicked off of the PSNetwork. A message from the PSN said I had lost connection. This was middle of the first half. I paused the game and worked to restore my connection. When it was restored, I hit the PS button and connected to the PSN again. Once that was done I hit start and continued my game, uploaded it to the server and it was fine. Just my experience about a week ago.

23. bdub

bdub Walk On

You can play any game without being on the PSN network as unlike live all games are not run through PSN servers. However, you may need to be connected to the EA servers to keep playing.

24. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

No because another time that happened to me in another dynasty I didn't know what to do, I still played the game out with no problem then reconnected and uploaded. That was about a month ago.

25. Goose

Goose Walk On

When it happened to me it completely kicked me from the game. When I reconnected I was at the opening screen of that OD. You know the dynasty wire, play game, recruit, advance page.