Chompions 14: Signups, Info and Hype

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, May 28, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Greetings,

With dynasty mode information now out, I feel that it is the perfect time to post this thread. We had a great run with Chompions League this year and I was sorry that I had to retire early. That being said I could not be more excited to begin the second boot of Chompions League on TSO when NCAA 14 comes out.

This year we will be starting a bit differently. The conferences that we will be using are the BIG 10, SEC and the PAC 12. I do not want to use custom conferences, at least at the very start as I feel it created a lot of chaos throughout this year's OD. That being said I am still mulling over whether ill allow people to chose, for instance, 4 teams from the SEC west and then split the users among the divisions starting in season 2. I would appreciate your feedback in this. As with last year, the first season will be conducted with no changes in conferences or scheduling.

This year I'm also happy to say that I will be accompanied by 2 deputy commissioners; Jandy and LongGone24. Ideally, they will assist me in making some tough decisions while maintaining the league.

If you are interested in participating this year, please indicate your interest in this thread. You have until June 2 to do so, and after that the three of us will compile the initial league roster. Assuming there are more than 12 candidates, we will also create an ordered wait list. I want to tackle this so early so that we can then select teams and produce basic content prior to release. I am not completely sure how we will be selecting teams just yet, but I and the deputy commissioners are open to suggestions.

TLDR: indicate your interest in CL 14 by June 2nd

• Like Like x 3
  2. jandy

jandy Walk On

I'm happy to announce my interest in '14. I'm looking forward to continuing rivalries as well as creating new ones. As for my team, I still plan to go out west and use the Oregon Ducks. Obviously we'll have to figure out a fair way to go about choosing teams, but I just wanted to let it be known again that's who I wish to run with haha

3. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

Im more than happy to announce my interest in NCAA 14. I'm looking forward to continue playing with such good players and good people. In '14 I would like to be the coach of the Georgia Bulldogs.

4. jandy

jandy Walk On

Looks like we're going to have a ton of interest in the SEC...For all those interested in playing with an SEC team, please have some other teams in mind, as not everyone can play in the vaunted Southeastern Conference.

5. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

The back-up teams being: UCLA, Nebraska, Stanford, and Washington

• Like Like x 1
  6. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Yeah I still want to be Wisconsin, if anyone else does too they can go shove it lol

EDIT:

If I had to pick a team from the other conferences they would be:

SEC: Tennessee
    PAC-12: CAL

Last edited: May 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I would assume to commish and co-commishes get first dibs

8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I would also love to continue playing in the Chompions Dynasty in 2014.

My team preferences are as follows:
    SEC: Texas A&M
    PAC12: UCLA, Arizona State, or Stanford
    B1G: Michigan State

9. jandy

jandy Walk On

I think it's safe to say Wisco's all yours Glen haha. Great to hear you'll be back

• Like Like x 1
  10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

With Wisconsin and tOSU locked up that shores up the Leaders division of the B1G. Right?

11. jandy

jandy Walk On

12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yeah, but that's not in effect until the 2014 season, when Maryland and Rutgers join. This coming season will still be Legends and Leaders.

13. jandy

jandy Walk On

So it's up to Spayer how he wants to address the upcoming realignment

14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yep.

15. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I'm in. I'd like to have Arkansas. I'm guessing they won't be too popular and it's my alma mater. As for other teams, I'll have to think about that, but it's not usually too hard for me to find a team.

16. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I would love to have Arkansas v Wiscy happen, often lol

17. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

I'd be pretty outmanned for the foreseeable future, but it'd be a good storyline.

18. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I clearly am going to be playing with you guys again.

My teams in order are-

SEC - UGA, South Carolina, LSU, Ole Miss
    Pac12 - USC, ASU, Arizona
    B1G - MSU, Mich

I'd really like to rock with UGA but CJTHA1 called dibs so ill honor that unless you don't mind being one of your backups. I comp forgo they're SEC (not sure how) and wouldn't be devastated if I were to use my Trojans.

19. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I'm planning on realigning the conferences in season 2 to reflect what will happen in real life. I also will consider realigning if 3 or 4 people are dying to be in teams currently in the same division.

As of now I'm thinking we will give the Comish and deputy commishes picks 1-3 and 4-12 will be a random draw

• Like Like x 2
  20. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Shame on you, if you the boss you should pick last.... or have a third party generalte a random list online for you..... http://www.random.org/lists/

I'm just trollin but if you make the rules and you pick first..... the other way to do it is to set the order based on success in NCAA '13. Worst players pick 1st.

I mean, I guess if you go 3 conferences it doesnt matter as much because everyone will end up with a top tier team if they want one

21. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I think most people in this league have an extreme interest to play with their alma mater's and the teams that they played with last year, so it likely won't matter at all how we order the draft. I will be shocked if everyone doesn't get their first, at worst second desire.

That being said I would rather give the people that are running the show early selections, because they are the people most likely to stick around to the end.

• Like Like x 3
  22. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Glad to see another successful dynasty in '13 & I look forward to more of the same in '14.

I am open to playing with many teams, however I would primarily like to play with LSU. Florida State & potentially even USC would be considered among many others.

• Like Like x 1
  23. jandy

jandy Walk On

FSU is a no-go because we're not playing with ACC teams. There's no guarantee you'll get LSU because there is a lot of interest in SEC teams and only two users can control teams in each division. USC is looking like your best bet at this point, and would also probably give you the best chance of winning considering their solid roster, 6-star prestige, and Cali pipeline.

24. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

We have 8 people signed up right now. Would have like to move on asap and start planning out how we are going to pick teams, ect, but can't do that until we get at least 12, obviously

25. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

With college out of the way, I'm in this year for the long run. Looks like my Irish are out of play, so here's my choices in order.

1. Alabama
    2. USC
    3. South Carolina
    4. Michigan State
    5. Stanford

• Like Like x 2