Chompions League '14 Team Draft!

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jun 4, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Gentlemen,

I'm ecstatic to say that we have 12 members signed up for Chompions League '14. This group contains a number of core members from last year's very successful run as well as some new faces. Though NCAA 14 is still a month away, I can't think of a better way to spend the next month of anticipation than by hyping up the league. The best way to do that is by creating content, such as team previews, for your preferred team.

As stated in the sign up thread, this year we will be selecting teams through a draft. There were two tiers in randomizing this draft order: the first tier is made up of the 3 league commissioners; the other tier was made up of the remaining members. The draft order is posted below. When you are on the clock, feel free to take your time, but please be diligent as well so that we can move through the team selection phase as quickly as possible.

1. jandy - Oregon
    2. LongGONE24 - Georgia
    3. Spayer419 - Ohio State
    4. cmassey13 - Arkansas
    5. cyhiphopp - Texas A&M
    6. TheMNorthFace - USC
    7. Jbek - Penn State
    8. Glen Cieske - Wisconsin
    9. Boraby - Stanford
    10. CJTHA1 - UCLA
    11. MrWitness36 - LSU
    12. ssuwr86 - Minnesota
    Before you start pondering the team you will be using this year, read the Coach Skills Playbook at http://www.easports.com/ncaa-football/news/article/ncaa-football-14-coach-skills.
    As you saw in the link, Coach Skills will be providing more depth to Dynasty Mode this year. At the same time, some real life coaches will be much better than others and more advantageous to use. Jandy and I talked about it, and we believe the league will work best if every coach starts off on an even playing field. To ensure that nobody has a coaching advantage from the start, everyone will be creating a new coach and will have the same amount of skills points to initially allocate (somewhere between 10 and 20, which will require testing before CL officially kicks off). As you may remember from last year, if coaching carousel is turned off, Coach Prestige never changed. If everyone were to create their own coach at the beginning of CL, all would be stuck at D- prestige throughout the life of the dynasty. We do not want to use coaching carousel because there is also the possibility of people getting fired. Taking this into consideration, I will create everyone as the coach of their selected school in our roster file of choice, and all will be rated with the same Coach Prestige. This will likely be very high because of the schools that are projected to be chosen.

As stated in the sign up thread, we will be using the SEC, Big Ten, and Pac 12. We want to give you some flexibility, so we are allowing there to be up to 3 teams in the same division. For instance, if two teams from the SEC West have been selected, a user can still select a third team in the division. But once 3 teams are taken from the SEC West, the only remaining SEC team available will reside in the East. Once four teams have been taken in a given conference, that conference is closed. In Season 2, we will utilize custom conferences to reflect the real life changes to the Big Ten, in addition to moving around teams in a division with 3 to bring user balance to the conference. Below are the 3 conferences and their divisions as they will be in 2014. This is the alignment to consider when choosing a team.

Big Ten:
    East - Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State (Spayer419), Penn State (Jbek) and Rutgers.
    West - Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota (ssuwr86), Nebraska, Northwestern, Purdue and Wisconsin (Glen Cieske).

SEC:
    East - Georgia (LongGONE24), Florida, South Carolina, Vanderbilt, Missouri, Tennessee, Kentucky
    West - Alabama, LSU (MrWitness36), Texas A&M (cyhiphopp), Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Arkansas (cmassey13), Auburn

Pac 12:
    North - Oregon (Jandy), Stanford (Boraby), Oregon State, Washington, California, Washington State
    South - UCLA (CJTHA1), USC (TheMNorthFace), Arizona State, Arizona, Utah, Colorado

In conclusion, I apologize for the very lengthy post, but I want to make sure everyone is one the same page. Jandy, you are now on the clock with the first pick in the Chompions League '14 Team Draft!

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jandy

jandy Walk On

With the First Selection, I, Coach Jandy, select...​
    [​IMG]
    The Oregon Ducks
    LongGONE24, you are now on the clock!​

• Like Like x 5
  3. jandy

jandy Walk On

LongGone can't get to a computer for a while, so he's asked me to inform you all of his pick. LongGone will play with the Georgia Bulldogs in CL '14​
    [​IMG]

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I'm happy to announce that I will once again be playing with the Ohio State Buckeyes

[​IMG]

cmassey13 you're on the clock!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  5. jandy

jandy Walk On

Cmassey has just informed me that he will play with Arkansas in Chompions League '14

[​IMG]

cyhiphopp you're on the clock!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

cyhiphopp you're on

7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

[​IMG]

Unfortunately they only have Yell Leaders in the game.

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Picture isn't working for me. I assume TAMU?

9. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Spayer419

I really like the idea of creating coaches with a set prestige. It really sucks having that stuck for the whole dynasty. Will we get any more skill points as the dynasty goes on if we don't have the Carousel on?

10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Damn, you are missing out.

Yes, Texas A&M Aggies please!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Damn SEC is looking pretty damn solid so far with 3 spots filled.

Yes, you will still get to level your coach up (not exactly sure how this works) and as you level up you get more skill points. We will just be starting all at the same prestige and with the same amount of initial points. The alternative to this would be someone like Urban Meyer having 50 some points for bonuses in his tree while Oregons coach would have much less. That wouldn't be fair because I wouldn't have earned those very important bonuses. The variances in how fast people level up will differentiate the coaches, which is great because prestige won't do that.

Northy is on the clock

• Like Like x 1
  12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I am pumped to give it a go in the SEC this year. Even games against the CPU are going to be very tough.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

Here come the Trojans!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

PENN STATE
    [​IMG]

15. jandy

jandy Walk On

Glen Cieske although we all know who you're going to pick, you're on the clock!

16. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

JohnnyKingDesign_Wisconsin_Badger_Football_Helmet_Concept_Gloss-570x367.png

Who would have guessed? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  17. jandy

jandy Walk On

Boraby you're on the clock Donnie!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

[​IMG]
    Disclaimer: This is a subliminal message

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Lol wrong kind of cardinal, but Stanford none the less. CJTHA1 is on the clock

• Like Like x 3
  20. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

It was a subliminal message :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  21. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I was wondering if he was going with Louisville or Illinois State! :)

• Like Like x 2
  22. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

I would like to first say that I'm very happy to have join this group last year. Going into next year the team I will be is...THE UCLA BRUINS

• Like Like x 3
  23. jandy

jandy Walk On

With CJ's pick, that officially closes the PAC 12. Spots in the Big Ten and SEC are still available. MrWitness36 you are on the clock!

24. jandy

jandy Walk On

I hope they wear these in a game at some point lol

25. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I doubt it, its just a random picture I found online. It does look sweet though.