Chompions League 2014 Team Draft Impressions

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Jandy - Oregon Ducks
    Jandy has been planning on using Oregon for some time now, and him getting the first pick all but sealed that fate. He returns a ton of talent, most notably with speedster running back DeAnthony Thomas. That being said Chip Kelly's departure left the Ducks with an average recruiting class, by their standards at least, so Jandy will have to hit the recruiting trail hard in season 1.

LongGone24 - Georgia Bulldogs
    Georgia definitely isn't the most talented team in the SEC, and they aren't the best recruiting program either. But they are a program that LongGone seems comfortable with. He joined very late in last years league, so it will be interesting to see how he competes out of the starting block.

Spayer419
    Ill be back in Columbus this year, and this time the Buckeyes roster will be far more formidable than it was out of the box last season. But in what could be a much improved Big 10, things won't get any easier.

Cmassey - Arkansas Razorbacks
    Cmassey finally gets to run with his favorite team. The question is, will he adopt Bielama's smash mouth style, or install the spread we saw him use to so much success at Texas?

CyHiphopp - Texas A&M Aggies
    With Jonny Manziel at quarterback and bevy of skill position players around him, Cy inherits a very capable team. And, as the only program in Texas, he has a big leg up in one of the most crucial recruiting hot beds. Cy and Cmassey were two of the most dominant users last year, so it will be fun to watch that rivalry develop now that they are in the same conference

TheMNorthface - USC
    North had a short-lived, yet successful stint with Notre Dame last year. Though he didn't last long enough as a user to reap their benefits, North recruited many of the players that Cy wreaked havoc with at ND - namely J.R. Gant. With his schedule clear for a long dynasty run this year I'm excited to see who North can bring in to USC, and then how he uses them.

Jbek - Penn State Nittany Lions
    Jbek was an original member of CL, and back in NCAA 09 we went 13 seasons and split our series 7-6. I'm very excited to have him back, and think that he will add a very competitive element to a Big 10 conference which needed a 3rd competitive user last year.

Glen Cieske - Wisconsin Badgers
    Speaking of the Big Ten, Glen is back again at Wisconsin. Last year Glen and I went back and forth, and developed what I thought to be the best rivalry in the league. It will be great to have that rivalry again this year, and with Jbek at Penn State the conference should be even more interesting. Additionally, Ohio State and Wisconsin will be in separate divisions in 2014, so we will finally get to meet in a conference title game.

Boraby - Stanford Cardinal
    Though not his first choice, Boraby landed a great program in Stanford with a team that can compete for a championship from year one. California is known for having great QB recruits, so maybe he will find the next Andrew Luck or John Elway to good use. But of he does, Boraby will need to work on protecting the ball, as that was his downfall in user games last year.

CJTHA1 - UCLA Bruins
    Last year CJ won the inaugural championship with Virginia Tech, and then rejoined the dynasty later on to find success with Florida. Though he likely doesn't have a team capable of winning it all right away, he inherits a quality program with a young QB. UCLA plays its home games in the Rose Bowl, but don't be surprised to see them play some post season games there too.

MrWitness36 - LSU Tigers
    As one of the two brand new members of CL, I can't say much about Witness' stick skills. But with the 11th pick he certainly got as good of a program that you could ask for. He will have his work cut out for him, however. The SEC definitely has the hardest group of computer teams and, in my opinion, the best group of user talent too.

ssuwr86 - Minnesota Golden Gophers
    SSU was forced into the Big Ten as he had the last pick, but this was still a shocking selection. He spurned the likes of Michigan, Nebraska, Michigan State and Iowa for Minnesota. On the plus side, SSU will get to play the first season in a division by himself, but he better make most of that good fortune because the Big 10 looks to be a strong group and he will be at a disadvantage in talent from the get go.

What are your impressions from the team draft? Which conference do you think is shaping up to be the strongest? What potential user rivalries are you interested to see unfold?

• Like Like x 1
  2. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Btw you can refer to me as Macc lol long gone is jus my ps3 name

• Like Like x 1
  3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

The SEC West is going to be a gauntlet. There's a chance we all beat up on each other and none of us gets a title shot for a while.

@Cmassey and I were really starting to get a rivalry going. We met in two national championships, one in Chompions and one in Bump N' Run about a week or so apart. We split those NCs with me winning the Chompion title and him ending my previously unbeaten streak with Louisville in BNR.

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank @TheMNorthface for recruiting the great JR Gant to dear old Notre Dame. He was a nightmare for the opposition and won a Heisman his JR season, was runner up as a Sr, and won back to back National Championships. We'll see if Johnny Football sticks around long enough to get me some titles.

I really like the variety of teams that were picked this year for Chompions. It should lead to some great user and CPU matchups. USC-Oregon should be a shootout every year. I'm interested to see how well Minnesota and PSU can be turned around. It should be a great challenge and fun to watch.

• Like Like x 2
  4. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

Very good analysis spayer. I think the SEC is king for sure. But I don't think you should overlook us Big Ten boys. Most BIG squads are fundamentally sound and well coached. As for me I look forward to coaching with all of my fellow BIG brethren. Getting to a bowl game and winning 8 games year 1 is our goal. That and we need to beat Wisconsin and Michigan.

• Like Like x 2
  5. jandy

jandy Walk On

Like you guys said, the SEC is going to be tough every year. Great users and great CPU opposition as well. While I can see the users beating each other up, I can also see one of you guys sneaking through with 1 loss and making it into the national chompionship.

The success of Cy and Cmassey last year makes me really look forward to them playing every year. Both are solid users and I'm sure their games will always go down the the wire.

Jbek and Spayer will obviously rekindle their long lost PSU/OSU rivalry. Being able to play these games in person will only heighten the rivalry.

CL out west is going to be fun. The Ducks are ready to rock, and with the speed we possess on the offensive side of the ball, I expect to score a lot of points. The big question mark is how well the defense will perform. Although Chip Kelly is gone, expect to see more of the same in terms of offensive strategy. I'm going with the up-tempo style that has proven so well for the team in recent years and also proved well for my Bama squad this season.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

What's great is that every conference has their own respective storyline & so many classic teams were picked that it is bound to be another successful year of Chompion's League.

Although the SEC & Big Ten look strong, don't look past Oregon, USC, UCLA or Stanford to make moves toward the top.

To the Pac 12 coaches: let's prove we are the conference to beat!

• Like Like x 1
  7. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

No way am I looking past any of the PAC12. There's a lot of talent out there that I'm sure you all will lock down. Oregon has disgusting team speed. I actually wanted to use them but Jandy called dibs first.

I'm hoping that having a home town advantage for Texas kids will help me a little but I know pretty much everyone will be poaching top TX recruits before too long.

That's one of the reasons I'm so intrigued by the new recruiting engine. Should make it a challenge for everyone coming out of the box. Also, everyone's decision on how to spend their coaching points will be critical.

• Like Like x 1
  8. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I think it's pretty cool that with the SEC, B1G, and PAC12, we have the entire country covered, South, East/Midwest, and West. There should be no stone unturned by user recruiting, except maybe Alaska and Canada. Though maybe Minnesota will go after a few Canucks, eh?

• Like Like x 3
  9. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

OJ Atogwe... Tyrone Crawford... just two Canucks in the NFL from my native city.... played with Crawf in high school hes a beast, Atogwe played on rival local power Herman, he destroyed my high school when I when I saw him play.... there is a surprising ammount of raw talent up here North of the border.

• Like Like x 1
  10. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

True.
    Not a lot of 4 star talent coming from up North in EA's games usually though.

11. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

You could say the same about Wisconsin. Last year we had one 4* and thirteen 3*; as of right now for the class of 14' we have Two 4* and five 3*

12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Iowa is worse, plus Iowa State has to compete in state with Iowa.

2013 we only ended up with 1 4star and 5 3stars.

2014 looks like a "good" year for in-state high school recruits so far. three 4stars, and thee 3 stars (so far). The top recruit is verbally committed to Iowa State though! He's actually currently the #1 high school WR in the country. I probably wont be able to pull him in on the game though.

13. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

It's hands down SEC running the table but I also got my eyes on the PAC12 there conference is on the upcoming. Oregon and Stanford fighting for the top with USC still around sleeper alert.

• Like Like x 1