Chompions League Preseason

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

And we're off...

It's finally here gentlemen, Chompions League '14. Here are some guidelines that you must understand and adhere to as you begin your journey at your respective program. Before we get into that, however, a big shout out to jandy for staying up with me until 7:00 AM last night finalizing rosters, editing coaches and ensuring that we could start this file today.

The file name is Chompions. Password is tso

Creating a Coach
    - When you boot up dynasty, make sure you select create a new coach. Customize him to your liking. After you create your coach you'll be prompted to assign 1 talent point for your HC/OC/DC. Make sure you choose these wisely. Though you will definitely earn more talent points throughout dynasty you can never rearrange your talent points

- After you assign your talent points, the first thing I need you to do is go ever to coach central and be sure that goals are shown in the coach xp goals menu. If there is a blank screen, there is something wrong with the dynasty file. This has happened to one OD on the sight and they had to restart. If it happens to us I'd rather restart during the preseason than in week 1. It's not a recurring bug, it will either happen or not happen in the preseason.

- We had talked about a 3:1 required ratio for the head coaching tree. Jandy and I decided against this. Feel free to spend your head coaching talents as you wish. The 2:1 head coach:assistant coach ratio is still in effect.

Redshirts

- Jandy and I thought it was important to create some guidelines for redshirts so that users can't simply stockpile their talent by redshirting players who would never redshirt in real life. A SIM experience extends past the playing field.

- Only freshmen can be redshirted, no other classes. After year 1 you are welcome to redshirt jucos and transfers in addition to freshmen.

- The following rules don't apply to offensive linemen b/c offensive linemen generally redshirt regardless of skill and rank. The only thing to consider with offensive linemen is that you must have 8 linemen not redshirting.

- You can only redshirt 1/3 of your freshmen that are rated 78 overall or better (not including your offensive linemen). So if you have 12 freshmen 78 or better and 3 of those are linemen, you can redshirt 3 of these players. College football almost never redshirt more than a third of their class.

Ready to Advance

- When you are RTA, post on here and set your console RTA as well. Good luck!

cmassey13 macc24usc jandy CJTHA1 TheMNorthFace Boraby Jbek ssuwr86 Glen Cieske MrWitness36 cyhiphopp

MOST IMPORTANTLY: NEVER SAVE THE DYNASTY FILE. ONLY THE COMISH DOES. IF YOU SAVE IT, THE DYNASTY FILE WILL CORRUPT AND WE WILL LOSE PROGRESS. DONT BE A DICK. DONT BE THAT GUY

2. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Good luck everyone. Thanks Spayer419 & jandy for your hard work and especially thanks to Glen Cieske for your hard work on the rosters.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Stanford is RTA.

4. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

Ready - and looking forward - to advance!

• Like Like x 1
  5. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

RTA. Looking like a tough year ahead of me on the recruiting front.

6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Same ... had like 16 guys with me as #1 and it doesn't look bright for many guys on my board. Gotta get up in that recruiting tree asap

7. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

16 at #1 seems good, no?

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Not when they were all 3 stars minus 3-4 guys at positions I don't need and I can't lock down a lineman haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Good luck Lsu RTA

10. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

7/12 RTA.

I've talked to everyone. Glen Cieske has a tight schedule today so if he can get his done we will be in season 1 tonight, if not tomorrow for sure

• Like Like x 1
  11. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I assume everyone's coach goals showed up OK?

12. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

This is encouraging, considering we are first year head coaches with no HC experience the top recruits should be hesitant to go one of our schools.

• Like Like x 1
  13. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

I'm good

14. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

15. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wisconsin is RTA!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Thanks for being able to squeeze the preseason in during your tight schedule today Glen Cieske.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Yeah I was supossed to be celebrate my father and I birthdays from earlier this month, but yeah I'd rather get this OD rolling

• Like Like x 1
  18. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Sorry for the delay. My ex is late picking up the guys. I am going to go and drop them off instead at about 8 pm CST. I will get on as soon as I get home and blast through preseason! ATM Represent!

• Like Like x 1
  19. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

I'm ready to advance

20. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

It's unfortunate that this was such an elongated process today, but that can be expected with the first preseason of an OD because we're still getting into the swing of things. Just waiting on macc24usc -- deadline is up tomorrow morning

21. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Sorry guys I worked all weekend, closed last night and Saturday evening a friend of a friend was involved in a drunk driving accident that required me to provide to support one of my friends... no excuse just explaininng what happened to me this weekend. I got home about 10:30pm and was just absolutely exhausted and my body needed to shut down. I set an alarm to get up as soon as possible this morning. Talking with Spayer now I am waiting on conformation if we`re rolling with this file he said there may have been an issue.

Looking forward to getting bakc into the swing of things with you guys

• Like Like x 1
  22. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Honestly bud, we all understand. Life happens. Thanks for the explanation, and we don't want all this pressure on the community, especially since this was a start ahead of schedule and you were still within 24 hours. Hope all is well.

23. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

cmassey13 macc24usc jandy CJTHA1 TheMNorthFace Boraby Jbek ssuwr86 Glen Cieske MrWitness36 cyhiphopp

Guys I unfortunately had to delete the file and restart a new one. I had set it that everyone needed to create a coach when entering the file. I didn't consider that we might have to relaunch the file periodically, something we did 10 times last year. When we relaunch everyone would have to create a new coach again and start off at level one. I didn't want this as coach skills would be rendered pointless.

Please join the new dynasty file. Name is Chompions password is tso. This is a setback but please trust me it was something we needed to do. Please do your preseason today and we will finally start this season ASAP. Once again I'm very sorry this had to happen but it was the best course of action. Same redshirt rules apply and follow the instructions from the first post or text me with any questions

• Like Like x 1
  24. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

And you're still supposed to create your coach. Leaving the ability to join as existing on was a precaution for the future if we need to relaunch the file. That way you can join at the level you acheived

• Like Like x 1
  25. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Don't lie Spayer419 you just didn't like the recruits that where interested in tOSU haha just kidding

• Like Like x 2