*** CHOMPIONS LEAGUE - THE RESURRECTION ***

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by cyhiphopp, Aug 7, 2014.

1. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

[​IMG]

Back from the dead and ready for more college football! Current plans are to resurrect the Chompions League in the near future. Looking for coaches now and we can start discussing format and teams soon after. Note, we will be using updated rosters reflecting the upcoming college football season.

I have received confirmed interest so far from myself, Spayer419 , jandy , Antonio T. , fantasyboi , MarkyMark67, and Ben . Possible interest from cmassey13 and I think Rekkapryde (who sounded interested in a previous thread).

That would be a solid 8 man league but we can always use more so send out some fliers to your friends!​

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mikeL9286

mikeL9286 Walk On

Count me in if you still have a spot. If I don't have time to split this OD and The Pride, I'll let you know pretty quick.
    I'm assuming they are open so I'll try to build FIU into a power.

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Great to have you!

We will most likely be running with high prestige teams. We had the most success with that the first go around. You might not have a ton of fun with FIU.

Also, depending on how many we get interested we may try to have everyone in 2 or 3 conferences to increase the number of user games and promote conference championship battles.

Just keep that in mind. We still have a lot to discuss.

4. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Ill check back in once my high school season is over and I'll gauge my interest then

• Like Like x 2
  5. mikeL9286

mikeL9286 Walk On

That's ok. I'm sure I'll be a punching bag for the first couple of seasons. I have Miami running like a machine in my other OD so I'm down for a challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

We're going to keep everyone at 5-6 stars more likely, mikeL9286, keep it fair and balanced for everyone. I'm going to talk to jandy to see how we want to run everything, but this is confirmation from me that i'm back to run the show 100%

• Like Like x 2
  7. jandy

jandy Walk On

I understand your interest in taking the challenge that FIU would provide, mikeL9286, but I'm with Spayer in sticking to 5-6 star teams.

The goal with the Chompions League relaunch should be to promote the same kind of competition that we had in last year's run. In inhibiting yourself from the beginning, it's not only going to be tougher for you, Mike, but it'll also be an easier road for those in your division/conference. It's really going to come down to recruiting though; With a lower prestige team, it'll take a few seasons to build up to the prestige to recruit the best players, and then an additional couple seasons to allow those players to progress to become effective.

In last year's OD, we played with the best teams from the SEC, PAC12, and Big Ten. Up to you guys which conferences we'll use, but I think we should stick to playing with the best

8. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I'm willing to not be Ohio State and mix it up

9. mikeL9286

mikeL9286 Walk On

That's fine. How about miami then?

10. fantasyboi

fantasyboi If Tebow isn't Jesus, I'm the Pope

If mikeL9286 is able to be FIU and u guys think its all good then ill join him in the C-USA and be SoMiss...if only big teams then ill wait and c who everyone is gonna b

11. jandy

jandy Walk On

Yeah Miami is fine, but team selection is going to come down to how we want to structure the league. I think Spayer419 is going to post something soon about how we want to proceed with deciding that

12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

[​IMG]

13. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

What is the plan on the rosters? are we going to use the 2013 rosters or one of these "updated" 2014 rosters on Operation Sports?

14. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I'm thinking 2014, but I'll let Spayer and Jandy chime in as well.

15. T3AM_F1GHT_0N

T3AM_F1GHT_0N Walk On

Any spots available? I am interested.

16. MarkyMark67

MarkyMark67 Walk On

what's going on?

17. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Do any of you have Madden on the PS4? I'd like to put together a somewhat casual fantasy draft Madden league with the old Chompions crew