Choosing Conferences

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Razcalking1978, May 8, 2009.

1. Razcalking1978

Razcalking1978 OFFL TeamBuilder Commish

Choosing Conferences

Okay folks, some of our owners brought up the idea of including the MAC, so let's see what people would like.

Pick the 3 conferences that you would like to see make up the TeamBuilder league.

2. Razcalking1978

Ill start it off. My choices:

MWC - my favorite and likely the strongest non-BCS conference

WAC - great BCS busters to pit yourself against

C-USA - just a higher caliber of football than the Sun Belt or MAC, with some nice non-user teams

If I had to drop one to work in a northern conference, I'd drop the WAC. That would give us pretty much country-wide coverage.

3. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

C-USA is interesting.

I think I'd like the MAC, MWC, and WAC.

However, a MAC team can't really do the buster thing. C-USA instead of MAC would be cool with me.

4. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

C-USA is interesting.

I think I'd like the MAC, MWC, and WAC.

However, a MAC team can't really do the buster thing. C-USA instead of MAC would be cool with me.

5. Razcalking1978

Alright, for now I think we'll go with this system:

The focus is not on user games, so I'm okay with 4 different conferences, with 2-4 teams per. The conference you choose will be tied to your starting prestige. We've had requests for lots of western teams, some Florida teams and some mid-west, so here's the result:

WAC - 3-stars max
    MWC - 3-stars max
    C-USA - 3-stars max
    MAC - 2-stars max

If we only get one team signed up for a particular conference, we'll eliminate it. We'll decide which teams to replace as we go, but we'll be replacing the lowest-prestige teams in each conference first.

6. Mallard Muscle

Mallard Muscle Blue Chip Prospect

I'd like to be in the WAC and prefer to replace Fresno St., but if we end up keeping them in I'll go with SJSU.

7. Razcalking1978

We'll figure out replacements as we get closer, I think. Might do a lottery for conference picks, might base it on activity.

Fresno St. will definetly be staying, but SJSU will likely be replaced.

8. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

i like the mountain west

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I would pick the MAC, Sun Belt, and WAC since those are the worst conferences and I (personally) wanna start bad and build my team up. If we were going for a goal of starting off a little better, I would say MWC, C-USA, and WAC. it really doesn't matter to me, I will play wherever and love it. CAS mode was fun back in the day, but with what seems like added customability (I think I just created a new word?) I will be SO into this.

10. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    I like those choices Basis.

11. Razcalking1978

You can always create a 1-star team in a better conference if you really want a challenge.

If we were to switch out C-USA for Sun Belt, everyone in that conference would have to start as a 1-star team. If we use C-USA, teams could start off anywhere between 1-3 stars. I'd like to keep that option open, I think.

12. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

We should move all the pac 10 teams into the mwc and all the mwc teams into the pac 10 that way we are guaranteed to play each other every year. Little out of the box but I've been golfing and drinking in the desert all day.

13. Mallard Muscle

I like that idea too, but I'd hate to do that to the Conference of Champions. Maybe replacing the Big East or Big 10 would be better?

Colemanchu- Do you live in Phoenix? I grew up in Glendale/Peoria and moved to Eugene to go to U of O when I was 20.

14. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Yeah I used to live in arrowhead around 59th ave and the 101. I now live in Surprise but am looking to find another house.

15. Mallard Muscle

That's crazy. I lived in Del Lago on 59th ave. for a couple of years right before I moved. Did you go to Mt. Ridge? I went to Centennial and graduated in 2002.

16. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I grew up in Wisconsin. But when I moved here I live in in Sagestone apts. right next to home depot.

17. Mallard Muscle

I know those apartments very well. I have an old girlfriend who lives there now and goes to Midwestern. I was just back in the old 'hood for a few days at the end of March. Next time I go back we should get a couple of games in.