CHUNKNESS RESIGNATION

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CHUNKNESS, Jul 27, 2010.

1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

CHUNKNESS RESIGNATION

For some reason my resignation with OMFL has been miscommunicated and/or a little distorted. Because it is my reputation that is on the line here, I would like to clarify for everyone that at no point have I intended any ill will toward the league by leaving. What you have is a great thing, which is obvious by the recent policy changes that have been put into place to improve the franchise aspect of your league. I would prefer to stay, but I cannot justify holding a position as an owner in the league. Please refer to my private message that I had submitted to Nate (and Jeremy) regarding my resignation...

I apologize for any misunderstanding, and I certainly didn't want to make a big deal of it, but I've had a few IM's and PM's regarding me "quitting" the league and how uncool it is. So, I hope this clarifies things for those of you who are questioning my existence and my decsion. Thanks for the experience here at OMFL.

Doug O

2. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Yea, I think that clears the air. You're a great guy Doug, and it was a pleasure having you in the league. Best of luck over there in PMFL and maybe we will cross paths again in another league (or this year's cup!).

3. CHUNKNESS

Thx, right back at you. I was actually looking forward to playing with the Broncos and creating some new relationships and rivalries... But I decided it is for the best. However, my co-commish Eddie and I are going to be proposing a "league wars" of sorts between OMFL and PMFL to promote integration and friendly rivalry between the two leagues. I mentioned it to Jeremy last night and he liked the idea. I know he's one of many, but if everyone else is on board, I think it could be a lot of fun! Eddie is the mastermind behind the idea, so I don't want to steal his thunder... ;)

4. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

you was suppose to trade me the 2nd best QB Tebow !(After Brees of course) lol, its always a downer when we lose a good owner, but i know your doing whats best for the OMFL, with everything going on with the PMFL, it just would be hard to balance it all out, i think you came in as the Bills and we played, i remember you was a very good sim player, also if you want to just forfeit your next Cup game, i have absolutely no problem with that, lol im jus playing

5. Big D

Big D Walk On

Chunk you can definately finish out your cup games. The idea of some rivalry games between the two leagues sounds very interesting!

6. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

very professional Doug, I appreciate the way you handle things. You are a class act and exemplify the persona we desire for all commissioners here on TF.

7. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

Chunk is a great guy and a type player/owner who the OMFL tries to attach itself too. He will be missed in the OMFL but better things lie ahead for his league.

8. CHUNKNESS

Thanks, guys. I truly appreciate your understanding. I meant everything I said that you guys have a good thing going here, and I think both leagues should compliment each other well here at TF. We all are here for the same reason and we all have great ideas to build on. I think of it like chocolate and vanilla. I'm sure some guys from PMFL will want to play in OMFL, and vise versa (which is fine by me), just to have a taste of both leagues. We have two very different beasts which can be fun in two very different ways. That was one of the reasons why I wanted to stay on board and experience the OMFL establishment from the start of a new season. However, it just wouldn't be fair to you or the rest of the league. Again, I appreciate the opportunity, and I know that we will be having some interleague fun here at TF for M11!!! :)

Oh, and VishaL, no way am I letting you off that easy... ;)

9. thaexistence

thaexistence Walk On

Who do I get to lose to first in this rivalry bash.

10. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I have a novel idea involving the two leagues: what if the owners of teams played each other? What I mean by that is this: what if the Bucs of the PMFL and the Bucs of the OMFL play each other in a tournament style setup? This is a real rough idea, but with the ability to create the rosters offline in Madden 10, you could easily set this up and create a nice tournament style setup of OMFL versus PMFL. Would see who has taken their team in a better direction.

As long as the same owner doesn't own the same team in both leagues, this should work out, I think.

11. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

Going to miss you here Doug but I understand completely. GL to you and the rest of the PMFL. Can't wait for some OMFL vs PMFL games.

12. Bluebean

Bluebean Kansas City Chiefs

A 64 team single elimination tournament between the PMFL and OMFL just like the NCAA Tournament used to be. We can do it during March Madness next year. Right now we focus on OMFL!

13. natedawg212000

Ya, I am not interested in doing a mutli league tourney just because of different rules and owners and it can cause more harm than good imo.

14. Big D

Big D Walk On

I was just thinking about the same thing...hard to run a tourney with two different rulesets.

15. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

I'm sure a group of sim style players can come to some sort of an agreement of rules, no?

16. CHUNKNESS

It shouldn't be too difficult to come up with an agreed upon set of rules. This is just an assumption on my part, but if it came down to an issue about gameplay rules, I'm pretty sure the guys in PMFL would be more than willing to play by the OMFL rules in the spirit of competion. Eddie and I are definately open to it and I think interleague play would create a great relationship between the two leagues. Would it be possible to at least propose some of our ideas to you in private? If you don't want to entertain the idea of interleague play, though, we will certainly respect your decision.

17. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

The site wide NCAA tournament consisted of members from every premier league on TF. Although the rules are slightly different in every league (different things allowed, not allowed, ect.), a general set of rules was agreed upon for every one in the tournament to participate. Even some guys from the OMFL participated in the tournament and they did not previously play in an NCAA league. I think coming to an agreement on rules wouldn't be too difficult to do.

18. natedawg212000

I am willing to listen, but I do have my reservations.

19. CALi BUCC

CALi BUCC Walk On

give me the broncos

20. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I want the Rockies..

21. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

can I have the Avalanche?

22. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I want the Nuggets!

23. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

Manchester United for me! GO RED DEVILS!lolol