Cimmy's FIFA Career

Discussion in 'FIFA' started by Cimmy24, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

So I figured I would start a thread and keep you guys up-to-date (if you give a shit) on my Fifa Pro's career progression. Using the base professional settings at 6 minute halves, I am currently in my 2nd season as a striker. Before I get into my season 2 progress, let me recap season 1.

Season 1: New York Redbulls

Apps: 34
    Wins: 21
    Losses: 10
    Draws: 5
    Goals: 31
    Assists: 6
    :yellowcard:-2 :redcard:-0

I had managed 3 man of the match awards, and 3 nominations to team of the week. We won the US Open Cup and the MLS Cup. I was hurt in the MLS Cup Final within the first 15 minutes and really made no impact on the game.

Now, in season 2 I decided to take my talents elsewhere. I was offered by numerous lesser known squads at starting roles, and a couple practice squad roles with Chelsea and Real Madrid. I turned them down for money and playing time in Europe and signed with Bayer 04 Leverkusen in Germany's Bundesliga 1.

[​IMG]
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen

1st Appearance: [​IMG] - Wisla Krakow W 4-0

Unfortunately I am unable to go back and get the exact stats that I would like to and will do for the remaining games, however, not only did I score my first goal with this squad, but I also secured my first hat trick in Europe.

I will also upload highlights every now and then.

2. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

2nd Appearance: v Wisla Krakow D 1-1

Lev:
    [​IMG] S. Kiesling (6')

[​IMG] R. Augusto (82')

Wisla:
    [​IMG] P. Brozek (43')

My 2nd appearance is against Krakow again, but this time, they showed up to play. I wasn't picked to play the game bridging these two conflicts, but I started this one. I had the assist on the Kiesling goal and thought we were going to run away with another one. As a team we couldn't manage to put another on net, despite having chances. The defense held up despite letting the Brozek goal squeak by. I was hoping the 3 goal performance against Krakow Act 1 would have produced more playing time. Hopefully this rut game doesn't hurt.

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

3rd Appearance: Bundesliga Match- VfL Bochum L 1-0

[​IMG]

Boch:
    :goal: Chong Tese (9')

Lev:
    :yellowcard: R. Augusto (65')

A tough one. Hard fought for my first Bundesliga match. They came out firing and netted a rocket in the 9th and that would be enough. We were able to get multiple chances, my pro missing a header off a corner over the cross bar in about the 85th. Not an easy one to swallow, but it is early and still a lot of points to be made in the league. Certainly a reality check from the 4-0 trumping of Krakow in App 1 these last two weeks.

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

4th Appearance: Friendly- Real Madrid D 0-0

[​IMG]

Real:
    [​IMG] M. Ozil (53')

A heck of a game against a premier squad. Real was way too fast and possessed much more skill than us, but they couldn't capitalize. We had our chances, not many, but a couple. It was tough to get a shot off against the defense. Could hardly dribble or pass. I had a breakaway with my pro that I couldn't maintain enough of a step on the defender to get an accurate shot off. A great match to see where we are when we play elite teams and I am glad to walk away with a draw.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

5th Appearance: Bundesliga- VfB Stuttgart L 1-3

[​IMG]

Stutt:
    :goal: Cacau (8')
    :goal: Cacau (32')
    :goal: Cacau (58') PK
    :yellowcard: Z. Kuzmannovic (73')

Lev:
    :goal: A. Cimahosky (25')
    :yellowcard: S. Hyypla (13')
    :yellowcard: G. Castro (85')

Not a good showing by the squad in this match. Stuttgart isn't a strong team, one of the bottom feeders of the Bundesliga, but they served us a loss. Cacau was always in the right spot, and had precision shots. My pro was able to knock in his 4th goal of the season in the 25th to put the game level at 1s, but the defense got exposed and giving up a PK put the nail in the coffin.

Note: S. Hyypla was suspended from the team after this match

6. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

6th Appearance: Bundesliga- Fc Schalke 04 W 2-1

[​IMG]

Schalke:
    [​IMG] Raul (23')

Lev:
    [​IMG] M. Friedrich (33')
    [​IMG] S. Kiesling (40')
    [​IMG] S. Rolfes (69')
    [​IMG] H. Balitsch (86')

Seemed like we couldn't get a win, but it finally happened. When Raul scored in the 23rd, I felt like it was going to go the way it usually does, a draw or loss for us, but we were able to capitalize on crosses and corners, which we haven't done yet. My pro had multiple opportunities and shots, but couldn't net. I was able to breakaway, but can't finish.

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

I cant find this game fun...but I never played soccer either.

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

7th Appearance: Bundesliga- Bayern Munchen D 0-0

[​IMG]

No cards, no goals. Two rival teams met on the pitch and didn't concede a single point. Munchen did give up a PK, but former Munchen midfielder struck the cross bar and missed the biggest opportunity for Leverkusen to shock their hated rival. An intense game that didn't give a winner, but Leverkusen performed better on the field, keeping the ball on the Munchen side of the pitch for the majority.

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

8th Appearance: Deutscher Polka Cup- FC St. Pauli W 1-0

[​IMG]

Lev:
    [​IMG] A. Cimahosky (75')

A big win in the Polka Cup over Pauli clad in one of the ugliest brown kits I have ever seen. It was a deadlock throughout the majority, but I was able to maneuver a breakaway and net the ball late to give us the edge and move on to the next stage of the cup.

10. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Big goal in a cup match! I'll be keeping up with this, I always enjoy reading about FIFA. I'm thinking about starting a thread about my Football Manager 2011 career, just haven't gotten around to doing it yet.

11. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Yeah, as I play I've thought about running a manager career. About to kick some more around here now.

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

[​IMG]

Well, it happened in the injury time of our 2-1 loss to Hamburger, my pro has been sidelined due to injury for 54 days. Disappointing...

13. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

With no influence from injury.....

I have decided to start a Player Manager career. I now control Chievo Verona in Italy's Serie A. In the opening transfer window I cut a couple of scrubs and signed CDM E. Frimpong from Arsenal to a 3 year deal.

14. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Match 1: Friendly- UD Leiria L 0-1

Leiria:
    [​IMG] Carlo (79') PK
    [​IMG] Patrick (3')

Verona:
    [​IMG] A. Mantavoni (33')
    [​IMG] M. Marcolini (45')
    [​IMG] S. Sorrentino (79')
    [​IMG] A. Mantavoni (45')

Very ugly first match. Lost a player in the 45th, and my goal keeper, Sorrentino, was carded in the 79th making a common slide to trap the ball. That resulted in a PK, which won the game for Leiria. Unreal BS that absolutely fired me up. Time to hit the transfer market again and see what I can't come up with.

15. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Match 2: Friendly- Gimnastic D 2-2

Gim:
    [​IMG] Rubin Navarro (28')
    [​IMG] Juan Dominguez (90') PK

Verona:
    [​IMG] S. Pellissier (22')
    [​IMG] G. Sardo (52')
    [​IMG] M. Andreolli (27')
    [​IMG] M. Marcolini (43')
    [​IMG] R. Guana (79')
    [​IMG] S. Bentivoglio (90')
    [​IMG] M. Andreolli (90')

Another card fest and absolutely disappointing. Both Gimnastic goals came off of PKs. The first was blocked, but he got the rebound. Fought hard and secured 2 goals, but the defense gave up too many penalties and are falling like flies. Draw is better than a loss, but that kind of draw is heartbreaking.

In the transfer market, I have extended two offers extended, one of which was just accepted. Depending on if the contract terms are accepted or not, we could be looking at picking up a good young CF in Jay Emmanuel-Thomas from Arsenal. He has a load of speed and is young with plenty of room to grow at only 19.

The other offer we have pending and will hopefully receive word this week is for midfielder Stu Holden from Bolten. He is an American who had enough talent to impress the English market. If we can tie down Holden that would be a huge pick up for us. *Update* This offer was declined by Bolten, but we will give it more time and possibly up the ante.

We had offers for our CM Marcolini, but he is one of our strongest players and for now will continue to dress in yellow and blue for Verona.

16. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Match 3: Friendly- Bolton L 0-1

Bolton:
    [​IMG] G. McCann (45')

Verona:
    [​IMG] S. Pellissier (53')

Wouldn't be a Verona match without a yellow card...only one though in this meeting. Bolton smacked me in the face by rejecting my offer for Holden, then beat me on the pitch in the next match. Karma bit me in the ass with this one. Had opportunities, but couldn't finish.

Transfer Market:
    With the acquisition of JET from Arsenal, I am doing what I want to do. Find young talent that can grow into stars. I still want to secure a big name though to give this team some life.

I got a buyer on my GK Squizzi who does nothing but ride the reserve pine by AC Aries Avignon for 54k, a mere 4k higher than his worth, but an addition to my budget.

I also put in a transfer offer to Chelsea for defender Grygera, but it was a no deal.

17. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Transfer Update:

Sold ST P. Granocho to Reading for $2,781,000

Purchased CB Z. Knight from Bolton for $3,500,000

18. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

I really enjoyed Player-Manager mode, but I got stuck in Australia for 3 years and couldn't get out. Are you controlling the whole team or just your player?

19. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I'm controlling the whole team...I'll do the just the player thing in my Pro Career, but for this I want to control the entire aspect.

I forgot to wait for the stats from my last game, but we won in PKs 3-2. My GK needed to make a save on their last shot, Roma, and did in a Cup match. Very intense.