Cimmy's New Car Talk

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Cimmy24, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Cimmy's New Car Talk

Ok...so I am a couple months away from purchasing a new car. Really looking into it as I need something reliable, but I want something fun. Right now the 2010 Lancer ES/GTS and the 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i 4Door or 5Door version are on the top of the list. Also looking into the VW Jetta and Golf, Mazda3, and the Honda Civic are in the background. Really just wanna hear ya'lls opinions, especially you drive one of these or know someone who has one.

2. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

I have a 1996 honda civic that is just about to tick over 200,000 miles and it runs like a champ. has never not started for me. never broke down while driving or anything like that. the engine and tranny are bulletproof.

i know its not a brand new car, but I give Honda my seal of approval.

3. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Im just not 100% sold on the Civic...some days I like them, others I think its too basic and too ricer for me, but I haven't gone to look at them yet. I got in the Si version when my sister was looking which was like, 3-4 years ago..like when the new body style first came out. I like the speedometer display with the digital spd, but idk...I know they are a very reliable car, there is no doubt about that. My neighbor is in her 60s and she has one so part of me reminds me of that, which I know it shouldnt cause its not an old lady car, but sadly it does. I have to look into them more and I really appreciate your opinion. My dad had a 97? Nissan Maxima and he put over 250,000 on it in like 4 years until the right front tire feel off...rim and all while he was doing about 65-70 coming home from work, but getting 250,000+ gave me an idea of a Nissan like the Sentra or Altima if I could swing it, but he has an 02-03 Maxima that the rotors are warped horribly...so cars change, but I don't think the Civic got much worse if at all over the years...

4. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

i like the 5 door Impreza. The Mazda 3 is a nice looking car but cheap.

5. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I do like the 5door as well. I had myself sold on the Lancer...then I left my apartment and saw at least 15 different Imprezas and it was like...damn theyre sharp. The Mazda is cheap, but I am in college so money is an issue. My girlfriend has a Mazda3 and she likes it...I've driven it plenty of times and when I drive it without her, when I can go balls out, it can be fun. I live in northeast PA and winter driving is important, her car doesn't handle the greatest in snow, but it's not terrible. I just don't know if I like the "Smiley Face" front grill....

[​IMG]

If I do the Impreza, I'd go black and it'd look something like this, minus the hood dam and idk about the rims...

[​IMG]

And this would be the Lancer...white...this is basic...think tinted window...

[​IMG]

6. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

go Impreza.....AWD for the win!

7. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Haha, yeah man...looking at that pic I said to myself..."Damn, that's a sharp ass car...."

Only thing I don't like...is the black Impreza's come only in tan interior...should this really matter to me?

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

no gray option!

If i were to get another car i would look at the impreza.

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

No, no grey option to speak of...pisses me off a bit...the only thing about black is keeping it clean....right now I am high on the Impreza cause of this talk prolly and looking at the pics next to each other....who knows what Ill be like on signing day...

10. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

It it were up to those 3 pics... Id take the Lancer, not a big fan of the hatchback style plus if I were to get a Subaru it would be a WRX..

11. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

gotta drive em all......as long as they let you.

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Oh shit...if I had the money for a WRX I wouldn't have these cars as my options...and yeah, I am back and forth on the hatchback...it looks nice in that pic...again its between Lancer and Subbie...leaning Subbie now cause we're basically suckin it off...jms is right..I gotta drive em to figure it out...prolly gonna start going to the dealerships next week...

13. Lee.Flex

Lee.Flex Ducks Fan

Go with the cheaper one then. No reason to get an expensive one.... unless you can live off of Top Roman? Once your out of college and you have a study job that pays well, go for the gusto..... and by gusto I mean Audi. (y)

14. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Dude you should really go civic(95 or older) until you get outta school. Besides my '89 180sx wil grab all those cars by the throat anyway lol.

15. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Oh believe you me...the Audi is my DREAM. I will own one. All the cars I am looking at are cheap. Im looking to keep it under 20k and my payments under 200 a month. I will be leasing one, right now the Impreza and Lancer are my favorites...but I am going this week to start to actually look at them and get behind the wheel.

16. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

No matter what I get it will be a 2010. The Civic is looking better then it was, but still like the Impreza and Lancer the best...

Trust me tho...if I go Impreza...that Boxer Engine will send your 180 back to '89 ;)

17. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Bout time I get back to the States from Germany my "throwback" will probably be close to 450 at the wheels (hopefully). I doubt that Impreza you digging will keep up with it, lol.

Plus their is only one thing that goes through every Impreza owner's mind... "Damn I wish I had an Evo" LoL.

Whatever you get make sure you like it because nothing sucks more than buyers' remorse(y)

18. controllerabuser

controllerabuser Purple People Eaters

BUY A FUCKING FORD!

19. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Cimmy,
    I work with Nissan everyday, as I'm the quality manager for the company that builds the seats for the Nissan Maxima and Altima Coupe.

The Maxima is nice but very pricey for the higher end gadgets. The coupe is utterly worthless if you plan on driving with anyone more than just 1 passenger. The sedan is OK, but my competitor builds the seats for them, and based on what I know, wouldn't recommend that either.

Personally, I've always been fascinated with VW so off your list I'd pick the Jetta.

But to controllerabuser's point, have you looked at the new Ford Taurus or Fusion? Pretty sharp vehicles in my opinion. My buddy just leased a Fusion and loves the crap out of it.

Or, what about a Malibu? I bought one for my wife and she absolutely loves it. Me personally, I would've gone with the heated leather seats, but she loves the cloth interior, radio, and handy little nooks/crannies for all of our gadgets for the trips back to MI.

Just my two cents.

20. controllerabuser

I noticed that the Taurus looks great. Definitely traveled far from the '95 I had. I've head a ton about the Fusion, coming from owners who love it. I work at Ford so I say buy FORD!

21. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Jerzey...haha Im busting with you...of course a bare Impreza wouldn't touch most ricer's..like yours...

Smooth, if I go Nissan I would probably go Sentra due to the price. The VW's are sharp and are definitely one of the first I am going to check out this week. As far as the Ford's, I have taken a bit of a look at the Fusion, but couldn't step to the Tauraus although they are sharp. The only thing with the Ford's really is what my budget is. I am looking at leasing and the Ford's are only showing 24 month leases on their website with a chunk down and (if I remember correctly) the payments aren't exactly where I'd like them to be. I have to go to a dealership before I really begin to look into them...besides...idk if I'd want to drive anything that CA has helped assemble....

22. controllerabuser

You prick.

23. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Just hope for a wednesday car. Personal opinion, and also considering NE PA, I would go Subaru. You looking manual or auto? Also makes a big difference for snow driving to me. I can get anywhere in a FWD manual in the snow. The Impreza would just be more fun doing it.

Jerzey, that thing have the CA18 in it? Or is it an SR20 car?

Mike

24. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Mike

It has a redtop in it. The owner before me took the CA out of it. And also put it back to left hand drive (which I don't mind too much).

[​IMG]

My Baby. Wheels are flush now. Different Rims. Sleepy Eye Mods. No engine bay pic, that really surprises me because I know I've taken a million of 'em.

Oh yeah Cimmy, Fuck Ford, Go Infiniti/Nissan!!

[​IMG]

Your young, hormones are probably on a hundred million, you don't want a minivan. You want somethin' that says "Hey girl, you like my car? Coo'... lemme pee on you". Nothing will allow a stranger to voluntarily agree to let you urinate on them just because they like your car like a 350z, lol.

PS- If you have wifey, don't pee on her, the relationship will never last, lol.

25. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Shit man, I'd love a 370Z....but we gotta remember...full time college student...full time college student...Im probably going to go automatic just cause I will have a ton of long distance driving and I am not real familiar with manual transmission..only drove a Jeep Wrangler like 3-4 years ago...I am going to start looking possibly tomorrow, but probably Wednesday