Cimmy's Saturday Heroes Blitz

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cimmy24, Oct 26, 2010.

1. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Welcome to the first installment of Cimmy's SH Blitz feature. With the College Gameday segment tanking due to lack of time, I have decided to bring a new option to the SH brand. This will not be a weekly post, most likely, but it will be something that brings the league all the news concerning the flagship PS3 premier league on TF, Saturday Heroes. Let's get started with our opening program for the kickoff to SH's 3rd season.
    After Ohio State and coach ryty secured their 2nd consecutive National Championship, the rest of the league focuses on keeping him off the trifecta. Ryty on the other hand, has other things in mind. Unfortunately for Mr. Ty....he has run out of TP. With no Pryor returning, he will have to lean on the arm of Mark Robertson. A RS Freshman with a great arm, but lacks experience. Luckily for the Buckeyes, HB Jordan Hall will be in the backfield. Hall is a back that has the talent to do big things in the Big10. Ohio State comes into the season ranked #1 and they will look to remain there. Let's take a look at the top 10 rankings to open the season.
    1. [​IMG]
    2. [​IMG]
    3. [​IMG]
    4. [​IMG]
    5. [​IMG]
    6. [​IMG]
    7. [​IMG]
    8. [​IMG]
    9. [​IMG]
    10. [​IMG]
    Alabama, Penn State, Texas, Florida, and Michigan follow the Buckeyes in the top 6 for Saturday Heroes. LSU is 13th, Iowa 14th, Nebraska 20th, Kentucky 21st, Baylor 26th, and Missouri pulling up the caboose for the SHer's at 28th. These teams have a lot on their slate and a lot of talent on the team. The major talent emerges early as the Heisman front runners.

1. [​IMG] QB Garrett Gilbert: Gilbert comes into his senior year with 2 years experience, and 2 BigXII titles under his belt. He denied the NFL Draft to come back to Arlington to do one thing, win the National Championship. He is by far the early favorite to take home the Heisman hardware, but his main focus is a crystal ball.

2. [​IMG] QB Jordan Wynn: Well, we can't escape the BCS busters still. Utah QB Wynn looks to upset the country and take home a paper weight as well. Also a Senior, Wynn has done magic for the Utes, but missing a major BCS Bowl win is what he strives for. Do I think he will last in the Heisman race? Nah....

3. [​IMG] QB Robert Griffin III: Did someone feel bad for Mike and the Bears and put Griffin here? Nope. A great QB in his senior year has kept Baylor from falling into the black hole of being just plain terrible. Griffin is a playmaker and he finally has a better team behind him. Watch out SH, Baylor could make some noise in the BigXII, and Griffin could go home with the trophy.

4. [​IMG] HB Donald Russell: Finally a non-QB makes the list. Oh wait.... (Leans over to the producer, "Is this guy really on the list?") Ok, well the word has been confirmed. HB Donald Russell, the "County's" leading rusher is back for his senior year and is looking to strike the pose at the end of the season. A tough conference awaits, but this kid has the talent to take care of it.

5. [​IMG] QB Kyle Parker: What would be a Heisman watch list without a QB? Damn....how bout a 4th? Well Kyle Parker is that guy and in the ACC, he could put up big numbers this season. Oh, just another Senior on the list, Parker is ready to bring Clemson back to the ACC Championship game, and be BCS bound.

These 5 candidates look to remain on the list, but the talent that is out there that is not mentioned, is looking to knock them off. Especially the Preseason All-Americans. These guys come into the season being told they're going to be good. They have that momentum going for them. The guys that are under control of the SH staff, have a bit of an edge over the rest of them.
    Saturday Heroes PreSeason All Americans
    Michigan
    1st Team
    DT Renaldo Sagesse
    SS Jordan Kovacs
    2nd Team
    CB Vladimir Emillen
    Penn State
    1st Team
    DT Jordan Hill
    Alabama
    1st Team
    WR Michael Bowman
    2nd Team
    RE Darrington Sentimore
    Kentucky
    1st Team
    HB Donald Russell
    2nd Team
    FS Ray Harrison
    Florida
    1st Team
    RE Ronald Powell
    LSU
    2nd Team
    DT Chris Davenport
    Texas
    1st Team
    WR Mike Davis
    CB Carrington Byndom
    Nebraska
    1st Team
    MLB Will Compton
    Baylor
    2nd Team
    QB Robert Griffin III
    WR Josh Gordon

Unfortunately, the AA's from Iowa, Ohio State, and Missouri could not be reached.

These players will contribute to their teams success, or in the case of LSU DT Davenport, failure. Big games are on the horizon for these teams both in and out of conference.

Week 2 will open the violent user schedule for the 3rd season, and there are a few big time match ups. An early season #1 v #2 game caps them off. Alabama and Ohio State square off in Tuscaloosa for 4 quarters of absolute dynamic football. Michigan also finds themselves in a monumental game with Nebraska in what could be a game in which QBs rack up the most rushing yards. Tracy and the Cornhuskers look to keep Big Red Rockin against the Wolverines. Finally, a game that I have been getting my ear chewed off about by the coach with the silk skirt, KnightNoles and the Kentucky Wildcats travel to Austin to take on the Texas Longhorns and Garrett Gilbert. According to Mr. Noles, Kentucky doesn't have a chance

Week 3 doesn't disappoint for out of conference user games, and for Coach Bruce and Coach T2, back to back massive user games start their season. Missouri and our fearless leader Hackgolfer will travel to Happy Valley to take on the best team in the land. Penn State looks to start off the season with a good win over a team that may challenge for a spot in the BigXII title game...again. Bruce will leave Austin for his 2nd straight user game to travel to Gainsville to take on the defending SEC Champion Florida Gators and Coach Diddy in The Swamp. Which Florida team will show up? Coach Tracy and the Huskers stay tucked into the comfort of Lincoln to host the Iowa Hawkeyes in a game that the real world will see every year from here on out. Iowa will debut a True Freshman QB against one of the toughest defensive in the game. Compton is drooling to get at the kid.

Week 5 begins in-conference user games with the battle of KnightNoles and Sdid in Gainsville. Florida looks to repeat, but Kentucky looks to get their first SEC Trophy. In the BigXII, Texas will host Baylor and Coach Mike in what could be an early season upset.

Week 6 has Baylor continuing their in-conference user trip, this time against the Missouri Tigers. Mizzou and Baylor could be fighting for their early season lives in a game that could send one to the drawing boards. Big10 user play opens this week, as we see a rematch of last years National Championship game. Penn State travels to Columbus to take on Ohio State, who will also have a QB with a lack of experience. PSU looks for revenge. LSU will also keep Sdid busy with a trip to Gainsville to try to send Florida packing early. Controller is talking big already this season and believes he can go far. My prediction, we will hear him talking down on his Tigers after this one.

Week 7 could be Missouri's make or break week. Unfortunately for Coach Hack, it's against Texas. This one could be trouble for the Tigers. Baylor also will go for its 3rd straight user game against Nebraska in, you guessed it, Lincoln. Baylor could be riding high heading into this game, looking to take an early lead in the division. Did I mention Nebraska is playing a user game in Lincoln? Again. The Nittany Lions also double up in-conference user games, this week against Iowa in Kinnick Stadium. LB Khairi Fortt looks to rattle the young QB and shut down the run game for the Lions, as PSU looks to make it a 2nd straight Big10 Title. Those pesky LSU Tigers will face off against the Kentucky Wildcats in Lexington as both are looking for SEC glory. Will LSU be down in the dumps after the Florida game?

Week 9 will bring the users back together after a week off from each other. Iowa will travel to Ann Arbor to take on the Wolverines and look to start Michigan off on the wrong foot with in conference user games. Missouri also will play in a big in-conference user game, this time against Nebraska in Columbia...wait...nope, this game is in Lincoln.

Week 11 we will see Alabama travel to Baton Rouge to take on the LSU Tigers. Will LSU be down in the dumps after Florida and Kentucky losses?

Week 12 the Ohio State Buckeyes travel to Iowa to take on the Hawkeyes in what always seems to be a great game. The big factor in this one, which young QB has grasped the idea of playing QB in big time college football better?

Week 13 the Big10 conference stands on their toes to see what happens in The Game. Columbus plays host to the annual rivalry between Michigan and Ohio State, which could decide the Big10 Champion, or the Co-Champion with Penn State, or who comes up #2 to Penn State.

Week 14 is user v user city as 4 match up's between SH'ers occur. Florida will travel to Ann Arbor with likely BCS Bowl implications on the line. LSU will travel to Columbus to take on Ohio State. Will LSU be down in the dumps after losses to Florida, Kentucky, and Alabama? Speaking of Alabama, the Crimson Tide will take on Baylor. Baylor could be in a position to make a BCS National Championship bid. This game could decide one of the two participants in the battle for the Crystal Ball. Finally, Penn State travels to Lexington to carve-up Kentucky.

Apart from these games, the conference championship games of the SEC and BigXII could decide who contends for the National Title. My predictions. Big10 Champ: Penn State BigXII: Nebraska over Baylor SEC: Kentucky over Alabama.

As the season progresses, I will continue to bring this kind of content to the league and dig deeper into the recruiting trail. For now, I will leave you with a season opening "Good Call/Bad Call"

GOOD CALL
    Ohio State gets the good call for this segment. Why? For recruiting as many 5star QBs as they could, knowing damn well they had to hit with one of them. Mark Robertson is that guy.
    BAD CALL
    More of a, "questionable call", but Iowa. You have a senior QB in Vandenberg who has a very good arm. You're a team that is dominantly a running team. You have outstanding HBs and a pretty good line. Why change the playbook AND start a freshman QB who isn't proven, doesn't have experience, and has the worst accuracy of your 3 QBs? Taking off my Big10, Penn State, I want to beat Iowa glasses, and putting on my NCAA, overseeing the league glasses....I hope this one pays off for you.

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Good stuff Cimmy (Leans over to his lady "Will he ever stop using all of my sayings???)

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Kentucky is taking notes... #justsayin

4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

After you're done painting your face, please EAD as you enjoy being in Douche City

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

[​IMG]

TOUCHE..........

bitch

6. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Love the love, but it will be a rough 3 weeks to start the Big12.

7. Diddy81

Diddy81 Walk On

always entertaining

8. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

SACK
    Welcome to the first SACK! of the season. Now we are expanding on the blitz. When I reference a "Sack", it means the Blitz has gotten to someone or other breaking news concerning non on the field or recruiting news.

So for this first SACK, we actually have a not only a sack, but a fumble. Or, in this case, an injury. So, for the SACK portion....

[​IMG]
    Missouri and Coach Hackgolfer, you have been lit up. Why? Taking out out a lowly Utah St QB for the season and boasting about it. Congratulations, your season will be defined by this moment. I really hope this isn't your high point in the season, belittling a team that is already on suicide watch, but I have a funny feeling....Karma is going to come back and smack you in your face.​
    Now, to report the fumble, or injury....​
    [​IMG]
    Oh, I'm sure this won't make anything better and I'm sure I will get the silent treatment for a day or so...but LSU...pull up your....alright...I'll take it easy on Coach Controller...I'll just say....lighten up. :thumbsup:

9. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Draw
    Another update is known as the "Draw". A draw capitalize's on a blitz, basically, making the blitz ineffective. Or looking like a bad call...so for the draw update...I'm going to have to slam....myself...

[​IMG]
    Yikes....called out Iowa and Coach Frisk for his QB and playbook decision...and he make's sure I know what Momma Mean's....Iowa will use essentially a dual QB system and the playbook being used add's one more formation to the Iowa offense...shame on me shame on me...guess that Nittany Lion Cover 2 defense just still won't work....I hope JoePa reads this!​

10. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Just adding to my point of Mr. Golfer's "boastfulness" on hurting the Aggie QB....when the conversation arises in an off site chat....​
    "(11:30:37 AM): (hackgolfer04) haha.. the only thing my D has ever done good
    Cimmy3453 11:30 am
    (11:30:46 AM): hurt someone?!?!?!?
    (11:30:49 AM): oh boy..."​
    Karma Mr. Golfer....Karma....she can be one fat Bitch​

11. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

You media whore.. You said this was off the record!

12. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

I don't know what you're talking about.....sir....