Cincinnati Bearcat Weekly

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by NatiSaint, Dec 16, 2010.

1. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

[​IMG]

2. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

[​IMG]
    Week 11, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH - The Bearcats went into Rutgers knowing they would have to fight. After replacing their coach, for undisclosed reasons, and Coach NatiSaint stepping up to the helm mid-season... the team was hungry. Sitting at a cool 6-2 before the game and undefeated in the Big East, they had the Scarlet Knights in front of them at 6-3 (2-3).​
    Cincinnati started strong, in the first quarter outscoring the Knights 14-6. Their scores coming on passes from Collaros to Woodard for 63 yards, and Collarson to Woods for 30 yards. The second quarter was all Rutgers though as the Bearcat offense couldn't mount anything positive giving up a FG and a TD on a Harrison to Savage 1 yard squirt.​
    This was the adversity that the Bearcat Nation was worried about, with a new coach could they battle back from a deficit down at the half? 16-14 at the half and nothing positive being strung together. The two teams hit the field with passion and a defensive battle would ensue... Rutgers giving up a TD to Woods putting the Bearcats back on top 22-16. Rutgers would answer with a score of their own but would fail to kick the extra point tying up the ballgame as the time expired in the 3rd. 22-22. The bearcats would look for that fire to ignite the spark, and it did.... Kicking a FG and another Collaros TD pass would seal the deal as the Bearcats won 32-22.​
    Statistically, the cards were one sided for both sides. After Isaiah Pead was sidelined with a foot sprain after 1 carry, the rushing attack was humbled as WIlliams tried to spark but the Scarlet Knight D-Line wasn't having it. Collaros would have to assert himself, and he did throwing for 454 yards and 4 touchdowns. Woodard was noted as the player of the game after bringing in 7 balls for 235 yards and a TD to help fight away the knights.​
    Cincinnati road to the Big East Title isn't one of ease... Next week they travel to 5-3 Pittsburgh for a dog fight before returning home to face the 7-1 Mounaineers and their new head coach Midnightrider... As it stands right now, Cincinnati leads the Big East - but both Pittsburgh and West Virginia are on their heels... These two games are CRUCIAL to the program success...​

3. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Damn... good stuff.

4. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

[​IMG]

Pittsburgh, PA - The River City Rivalry is almost as dirty as they come... Dirty as the river itself. The Bearcats got to Pittsburgh... Heinz Field and were met with the chilly temperature that was freezing even the most hearty of fans. The Trophy on the line, and the Bearcats growing ever closer to the Big East title. This game - as always, was going to be a fight but the Bearcats would lead at the end of the first quarter and then not again until 2:00 left in the game. They turned the ball over on their first drive, but were able to force a 3 and out for the Panthers that was capitalized on by a Field Goal of 37 yards.

The 2nd quarter was a dog fight, Cincinnati going up by 6 after another 38 yard field goal but then turnovers began raining down. The Panthers scoring 17 unanswered points and dominating the quarter and it wasn't until 0:02 left in the quarter that the Bearcats were able to score their first touchdown. Bringing the score 13-17 at the half and Bearcats buzzing with emotion.

Coach Saint was heard motivating, energizing, and ripping the defense for a lackluster first half... Knowing the Panthers got the ball after half and they would be looking to put the game away. Their drive... near unstoppable as they drove the length of the field and tacked on 7 almost immediately. The fire on the sideline was lit and this is where legends were made... Adrien Robinson.. the Senior TE decided he wanted... no... needed this win and broke a 60 yard TD pass breaking tackles left and right until he was safely in the endzone. Bringing the score at the end of the 3rd 20-24 and the 4th quarter looming.

The 4th quarter was as exciting as any... this being a thursday night primetime game, the fans that normally wouldn't watch this game were watching and they surely got the excitement of collage football from this one. The Panthers kicked a FG, taking a 7 point lead but Collaros wasn't going to have that... He couldn't lose his senior year and immediately connected with WR Woods for a 74 yard touchdown bomb. The two teams traded turnovers, and as Pittsburgh seemed to be going in for the kill Senior DT Derek Wolfe laid a monster hit on the tailback, squirting the ball free and giving the gamewinning hope to the Bearcats who were now tied and needign to score. That was when the drive that won the game began on their 18 and ended with a Collaros scramble as the defense breathed down his neck that went for a 7 yard touchdown and ultimately the victory.

The Panthers fans were irrate, and the Bearcats faithful praising the coaching shift. Still atop the Big East but their schedule still hard as they play host to the 2nd place in the Big East, #11 West Virginia Mountaineers. This one will be one for the record books no doubt... UC...WVU... Stay tuned to this one.

5. Gyrene76

Gyrene76 What does the fox say?

very nice writeup man. Good read.

6. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

My write ups have been good but the only thing the paper could publish in this game was ....

LOL

--- to extend that... Fumbles... Fumbles... Fumbles... Flags ... Flags ... Flags...

The score shows a route.... the stats show a raping where the computer decided that anything positive would be negated...

5 Forced fumbles all on crucial plays... 3 or 4 coming on big gains where the Bearcats should have scored... a dinky pass picked for 6 and a plethora of flags...

I keep editting and adding more but honestly - I cannot do a write up for that game. He didn't cheeseball me at all it was just one of those rapings the computer likes to hand out... Leaves you feeling dirty and makes you wanna snap the disc in half.

7. Gyrene76

tough game man, but don't snap the disc. You will regret it later :)

8. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

Its ok man.... my USER vs USER losses ususally don't get a lengthy writeup... haha. Just keep fighting... Next season is just around the corner.

9. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

Yea, I had this whole big write up planned whether I won or lost. I've not been able to eat or drink anything for going on day 5 now so I was going to storyline it into the game... Then all the sudden HB fumbles twice... WRs fumble 3 times... 1 silly pick that goes for 6... and his guys catching everything regardless of coverage left a bad taste in my mouth. I feel like i'm taking away anything positive from WVU but it wasn't him doing anything bad it was just genuinely the game being a rapist... In the words of the immortal Antoine Dodson...

WELL... Obviously... We had a rapist in the NCAA Video Game...

10. NatiSaint

NatiSaint Walk On

The bearcats came out and what they thought would be a destruction game, was actually pretty tight. Although the 48-35 final doesn't do the game justice as the ULM had some big plays they scored on, The bearcats were really focused on getting their passing attack down. Collaros broke the Season Passing record for the Bearcats and threw for over 500 yards. The Warhawks were just no match for the Bearcats and fell pretty handedly.

(sorry for the bad write up... middle of finals)

11. Gyrene76

haha, not a bad write up. don't burn yourself out man. Just keep at it and look forward to it best you can. Good luck on finals.