Cincinnati Bengals Scouting Report

Discussion in 'Scouting Reports' started by DU55, Aug 6, 2012.

1. DU55

DU55 Walk On

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Preseason week 3

Packers 38
    Bengals 35

Offense -- Ground and pound to set up the play action pass. Watch out for the cutback and bouncing the run outside.
    Defense -- Brought heavy pressure on early downs and seemed to prefer to play coverage on 3rd down.

3. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

Ground and Pound! Heavy Ground and pound. Lacks coverage skill on the left side. Got all my big plays pickin on the FS and Pacman

4. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Early downs heavy run with multiple TE packages. Used 2 and 3 TE sets mostly on 1st and 2nd and medium.Uses Benard Scott exclusively as RB, no law firm. Will bounce/cutback if given the opportunity.Like to set up the play-action and will target Gresham.

2nd and Long and 3rd down runs Shotgun with 3 Wrs and 1 TE. Likes to throw to slot or TE over middle. Will take a few shots with AJ Green over the top of the defense.

Played a lot of 8 man in the box to stop the run on early downs. Confident in his corners in bump and run. Plays mostly coverage and a lot of Man-2 and Cover 2. Will drop a D-Lineman into coverage on occasion. 3rd downs plays as safety most of the time to try and stop the pass.

5. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I second everything he said, except he went primarily with Ben Jarvis Green-Ellis in our game. I'm not sure if Scott was injured. Likes Gresham on slants and crosses. On defense he runs primarily man.

6. Danthraxxx

Danthraxxx Walk On

offense - runs off tackle mostly , likes slant route

defense - runs mostly man press , likes zero cover blitz as well . Seems to attack as much as possible to get you into 3rd & long

7. Boom29

Boom29 Walk On

Offense
    - In the passing game will look for Gresham or Green
    - Looks for chance to bounce outside if its there, play "contain" defense

Defense
    - Likes to have eight in the box
    - Active linebackers that clog the middle in the run game
    - Secondary is solid, pick your spots

8. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Offense: Attempted to run with Law Firm early, and could not get the job done so went with Scott and run counters and bounced outside a lot.
    -In the passing game his Gresham over the middle a bunch, but spread the ball around pretty well. Would use some quick crossing routes on 2nd and long and then attack the sideline on third down.
    -Will scramble with Dalton if receivers aren't getting open and drops back about 10-15 yards for passes. Blitzes really are ineffective because of drop back.

Defense: Mixes up man and zone coverages.
    -Will Blitz LBs on occasion on third down/Mostly Free Fire if in 2 back sets.
    -Was able to run on edges with counter plays
    -LB Rey Mauluga is very fast, chased down Rice on a few outside runs.
    -CB Leon Hall is the better corner so throw against Kirkpatrick if possible, he plays on the Offense's Left

9. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

Randiesel75 This should be addressed.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  10. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

Hokie Effect Randiesel75 he would drop back that far on 3rd down when it happened. He did play the game from the pocket more than half the time.

11. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

thanks for the clarity.

12. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Dropping back too far has been something that I try to continually monitor myself for but sometimes I still slip up and do it. It has been a problem of mine for awhile. I will do my best to keep from doing it.

13. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Dropping back 10-15 has been an issue for many in this game, if you watch nfl games, especially now with nfl redzone where you can watch almost every game in pieces, you'd actually see dropping back 10-15 yards happens quite a bit.

I dont drop back that far myself since i have palmer who is slow, but i understand the need to drop back that far due to blitzes. Now if that drop back happens on a 3 man or 4 man rush with no pressure, that is a different story.

14. Hokie Effect

Hokie Effect Whats a Hokie?

3-5-7 yard dropbacks is what you see 99% of the time with lateral or forward movement in the pocket. The 1% is when you have Suh chasing you down with a club. I thought that the WR icons would disappear if you ran backwards, that was a way for EA to address the abuse of this. And yes there is a difference from running away from pressure and holding the LT and running backwards from the start.

*Redzone shows mostly just highlights or important plays, so of course you will catch alot of scrambling throws.

Just my 2 cents, take it for what its worth.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

After the first couple times it happened, I tried to only rush 3 or 4 to have more ppl in coverage.

DU55 just keep working on that in the practices. Otherwise I thought our game was really great.

Thanks for the input Hokie Effect and Kidofcrash23

• Like Like x 1
  16. DU55

DU55 Walk On

Never will you see me drop back holding LT. I may scramble to the outside with LT if nobody is open, but never just drop back holding LT

• Like Like x 1
  17. TheRealHalupka

TheRealHalupka Walk On

He def didn't sprint out using LT. Would just keep fading back and back when it happened. When he would scramble then he would use LT.

Just something to work on to make the game more realistic that's all. DU55