Cincinnati loses! There Will be a User/User BCS!!! (Purdue vs. Oklahoma St Preview)

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by Hellisan, May 24, 2009.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Cincinnati loses! There Will be a User/User BCS!!! (Purdue vs. Oklahoma St Preview)

West Virginia did the Tradition league one huge favor by knocking off the pretenders, the Cincinnati Bearcats, from the ranks of the unbeaten. The loss pretty much assures that there will be a user vs. user national championship game. Unless JMS chokes harder than Mama Cass, he will beat UCF, letting at least one 1-loss user team into the BCS game...

Still pivotal is this week's Purdue vs. Oklahoma State game....

[​IMG]

The big difference is the turnover differential. Purdue is #1 in the nation at +22, while Oklahoma is tied for 51st in the nation, with an even differential. More important will be the turnover differential in the actual game!

DJ Rhude has gone on record as saying Oklahoma State will win this game. With Lee Corso mysteriously siding with Oklahoma State as well, Purdue might even be considered the UNDERDOG in this game!!! Rhude claims an 87-0 record on predictions in the league so far, so Purdue may be in a bit of trouble here.

Nevertheless, Like Obi-Wan Kanobi, Oklahoma State is the only hope for a couple teams...

So let's play out the scenarios... For one, Penn State is going to beat UCF...

So considering only UCF's loss in a vacuum, the BCS standings essentially look like this:

1. Purdue
    2. Oklahoma
    3. Michigan
    4. Oregon
    5. Penn State (might they jump due to beating #2?)

There is a game that is even bigger than the Purdue/Oklahoma State game, and that is the Michigan vs. Oklahoma game this week. Essentially, those two teams may be playing for a shot in the title, since one of them will have a huge win over a highly-ranked team right at the end of the year. If Oklahoma won that game, it would be very difficult for any team to come out ahead of them due to their current ranking, beating Michigan, and getting another win in the conf. championship game.

* I'm assuming that an Oklahoma win means they're in the BCS game no matter what...

So what happens if Michigan beats Oklahoma? Basically the question here is, could two Big Ten teams play in the BCS Championship game? My sources say yes....

* A Michigan win and they are in the National Championship Game...

So whoever wins that team is guaranteed a spot in the title game... Now, back to Oklahoma State vs. Purdue. Essentially, Penn State and Oregon need need this upset win by Oklahoma State, and one of them will join the winner of Oklahoma vs. Michigan in the National Championship game....

2. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

yes 2 big 10 teams can play in the NC as evidenced by illinois beating Iowa in TT2 a few yrs ago...

3. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

Purdue vs Michigan.................what crap!

Im losing to UCF to spite you mutherfuggers!

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

No.... please don't.......

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    When we had an all Big Ten championship, we didn't play each other during the regular season. Is that the case here? Did Michigan and Purdue miss each other during conference play?

6. jfosh

jfosh Super

Thats what happened in this case. Purdue did not play OSU and Michigan, but beat Penn St.. Penn St. beat OSU and Michigan. Michigan lost to Penn St. but beat OSU.

I dont think Penn St. can jump enough with win over UCF to get into game for rematch. So, Oklahohma and Michigan winner going to National title.

One loss Penn St and Oregon how do you like them apples?

7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Oregon isn't going to the title game.

winner of Homa and Michigan will go to title game.

Purdue wins, they are in.

Purdue loses, I feel PSU gets in.

either way i'ma get a pissed off Big 10 team.

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Purdue kicked a field goal to just barely beat an undermanned Oklahoma State team as time expired. It was one of many close finishes for the Boilers this year, and easily the worst we have played all season. Nevertheless, I could have predicted it. Steelah is always tough on me. Guys like Salvia, Russell - guys that just go off over the mic - I love playing these guys becasue that's the way I am, it doesn't get me off my game it helps me.

Steelah on the other hand can throw the most horrid interception and not make a sound over the mic. Maybe he's turning it off to cuss who knows, but his calmness seems to get me off my game. He is also very good IMO. But I definitely just suck against him too. He calls plays on offense slow and I still can't find my defensive play. I make more wrong-button push plays and stuff, and just horrible reads - against him than anybody else. Today was no exception, but we somehow got the W.

Oklahoma and Michigan are playing for the final spot in the BCS game.

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

OOH Michigan grabs the other spot....

Big Ten Baby...

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    someone beat purdue mmkay ;)

11. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

bleheheheheh.. At this point Purdue is just the annoying bitch that Jason can't seem to kill off....

I am thinking of grabbing a web cam and having JMS or Ryno help me set it up to broadcast the Big Ten BCS Hoedown.... I have a shot at evening up my series record against Bruce... But his team is incredibly tough. the real problem against him is he knows the X's and O's so well. Not sure if anybody has noticed that but it's a little like playing against a head coach that actually has stick skills. Then he moon balls you.. .:p

12. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

fucking bullshit.........for some reason I only played 11 games and that is keeping me from #2............michigan and purdue both have 12 games.....why?

13. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    The scheduling glitch that somehow changes what the commish sets up at the beginning of the year is most likely the culprit.

On two different seasons on different teams did it actually delete a game and there are countless number of times where it switched the location of the game. Giving some teams only 5 home games.

14. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

I have had two years where I only played 11 games it happens.

15. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I knew I had scheduled somebody against Cincinnati. Fosh told me about them and everything.... how they might go undefeated. With you playing all three of us in conference, I had given you two OOC human opponents, UCF, and Cincy.

Somehow the glitch occurred. I redid everything twice like Juggs told me to... (n)

16. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

should have went for 2 in ot........im sucha a pussy

17. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Nah that's just dumb.