Circle the Wagons-Buffalo Bills

Discussion in 'Team Management' started by bcduggan, Oct 3, 2012.

1. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

After the Rams game, coach Duggan had some words about the Bills this year.

I know we have had injury problems, esp on defense. Nick Barnett missed the first month of season. Terrence McGee has been out half of the season with various injuries. Fred Jackson is now on IR with an injury as well.

We haven't looked like a team all season. I know we are 6-7 but we should be at best 1-12. Only 1 of the wins was solid. 3 wins were by dumb luck because of 1 play, a return by defense or special teams. 2 wins were sim. One sim was vs KC, if I hadn't fallen asleep that night we were supposed to play, we would have played, and I am not sure if I could have won that one. 7 losses all by 16 or more points.

It's sad but at this point of the season, I don't know what we are doing right or wrong. I don't know how to fix it, and see worse things for the team in the future. The Buffalo Bulls could beat us right now.

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The Bills made a splash in the Free Agent market signing 6 players 1 DT, 2 WR, 1 LG, 1 RG. and 1 QB. More details to follow

They also traded for HB Toby Gerhart

Rumor has it the Bills will be trading their first round pick.

3. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

What are you wanting or wanting to do?
    I see you made a trade, I am interested in Nigel Bradham though

4. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

I sent you a text about Nigel Bradham, it may have sounded disjointed though.

5. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Coach Duggan announced earlier today that he was looking into wholesale changes to player schemes and playbooks. Since Coach Duggan has been on antibiotics all week, the media was really confused about the announcemnent.

6. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Coach Duggan stated during the draft, "Mr. Wilson needs to fire the scouting director and hire a new one."

This was because the scouting reports were all screwed up from a Buffalo perspective. I realized I screwed it up but it was week 15 of the regular season.

Weird thing is I think I did OK for the draft. Even though I FORGOT who I picked one of the rounds and the CPU picked a player for me to close my draft.

7. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

I apologize for not responding to the text and this tag. We can work something out hopefully though

8. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Buffalo Bills Draft report

1st round pick SS Dejon Eliann 70 overall, was hoping for someone who could compete with George Wilson for starting job, but he will be a servicable backup
    2nd round pick traded to get HB Toby Gerhart
    3rd round pick RT Sam Ackerman 83 overall :cool: possibly the steal of the draft, he could have gone late first. He gas awesome strength, and good blocking attributes. Should start for Buffalo until Madden 14 comes out.
    4th round pick LOLB Sione Johnson 67 overall, not sure what to think about him, he could be a backup, esp with the Nigel Bradham trade rumors swirling
    5th round pick LE Byron Deen 73 overall, this guy could be the next Mario Williams
    6th round pick WR Terry McFadden 71 overall, if he gets some speed and awareness, he could be awesome
    7th round pick FS Leo Dyles 66 overall, game drafted him for me because I only had Jairus Byrd on team at the time. He probably will be one of the 3-4 cuts I will make at end of preseason.

Position Battles

WR#1 Stevie Johnson/Ted Ginn......Stevie has slight edge in skills. Not sure what Ted can do on offense. He was targeted one time, and pass was intercepted. Stevie had 1 catch in game.
    WR#3 Steve Smith/Brad Smith.......Which Smith is better? Steve had 1 catch for 27 yards, Brad 1 catch for 40 yards. Steve has slightly better attributes though.
    RG Chad Rinehart/Reggie Wells.....Both are very similiar players, one is a better blocker, the other is slightly faster. Who wins? Who knows?
    RT Cordy Glenn/Sam Ackerman......Similiar attributes, both young, Sam Ackerman has better stats after 1 preseason game. Coach Duggan is raving so much about Sam Ackerman, it would be a shock if he is NOT the opening game starter.
    DT#2 Marcell Dareus/Ty Warren.....Ty Warren was the big FA pickup for the Bills defense, but will he start. Right now he is there to challenge Marcell Dareus. The Bills are high on Dareus, and it would be a disappointment to Buffalo if Warren wins the starting job.
    CB#2 Leodis McKelvin/Aaron Williams.......Youth or experience. McKelvin is the grizzled veteran who made jey plays when Terrence McGee kept getting hurt in 2012. Aaron Williams is the brash young guy who wants to make a name for himself. Both skill sets are equal. Early reports have Williams with the inside track.
    K Rian Lindell/John Potter.....John Potter survived the final cuts last year being the last player to earn his spot. Rian Lindell is the aging veteran. Does Rian have one good year left? Or will Buffalo eat the contract and take the $2.70 million penalty?

• Like Like x 1
  9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

The media never thought they would see this happen, but with the signing of qb Kyle Orton, the bills training camp is buzzing with anticipation that he could win the starting QB role after preseason.

10. thirdalarm

thirdalarm Walk On

Whats the asking price for E.Pears?