Citi Field

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Basis4aDay56, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Citi Field / 2009 Mets Thread

As a life-long Mets fan, I have had to endure the dump that was Shea Stadium. I am only 23 years old, so I was a mere 9 months old for the '86 series. My entire life, I have watched countless losing seasons and unfulfilled potential.

So, when I went to Citi Field tonight, I was amazed at how nice the new stadium is. Everything about it is so above and beyond Shea Stadium, it is unreal. Hopefully the team can shake the cloud that has been over them since Beltran struck out looking in '06.

I will post some pictures in the next couple days -- this stadium is awesome!

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Citi Field looks really good from TV...I hope to check it out this year somehow.

Yankee stadium looks like a Japanese ballpark lol...

3. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

awesome, another Mets fan! I too am a diehard Mets fan.

I can't wait to get to CitiField this summer. The field looks huge, Tatis and Reyes almost had homers.

I am a big fan of large pitcher friendly parks. Love a low scoring game.

4. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

there's a few of us mets fans here! i'm going the end of april...really looking forward to the new home

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    <, mets fan as well :)

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

No offense Basis but those are some blurry-ass photos. The stadium looks beautiful though. Probably (from this vantage point) my favorite of the two new one. Not sure if either will touch Camden though...

8. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Any time you have to preface a statement with no offense, clearly you are about to say something that is douche-baggish, so thanks for that one brah. If it was my camera, they wouldn't have been blurry, since I couldn't figure out how to turn the gay "face finder" feature off -- that focused my shots totally randomly. Some came out alright though. Thanks for commenting, but no offense, you are a dick.

Everyone else: LGM!

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Wow, can honestly say that I didn't mean to offend you. I take blurry, shitty photos all the time, if somebody busted my balls about it I wouldn't take offense. I'm not a photographer. But to each his own. I just went to look at all your pics and all the ones I wanted to see were blurry. It was shitty weather too, that probably affected it. I'll steer clear of you if i have anything less than complimentary to say henceforth. Sorry man.

10. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

Nothing beats Chicago and good ol Wrigley. GO CUBS! The 100 year drought ends this year!

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Ha ha you better, god damn it! :p Sorry for the over-reaction man -- had a bit too much to drink at the game, and the hangover was not treating me well at all. I didn't mean to be such a vagina about it, as I am certainly no photographer myself. If anyone needs to apologize its me.

The point still remains though: what an amazing stadium! I still cannot believe that the Mets actually play there, it is definitely going to take a while to get used to.

And Blitz, Wrigley Field is probably the only place where you don't mind sitting in 110 degree weather because it is such a cool stadium. Just watch out for that Steve guy down the left field line. :D

12. Juggernautblitz

Juggernautblitz Carbon glutton

I've been to the Cubs home opener 3 of the past 4 years (about 45 degrees and breezy off the lake) and our seats are about 15 - 20 rows up from where Steve Bartman caught that foul ball.

13. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yo... I am not a Mets fan by birth, etc. but for some reason they've always been one of my favorite teams in "other" divisions where I don't really hate any of the teams. Was born/now live in San Diego and raised in Seattle so I'm a Mariners/Padres guy.

I'm rooting for the Mets this year. I dusted off my Mets hat, etc. etc. The reason: Putz. Basis, I'm not sure how big of a baseball fan you are, but I honestly think you have the best reliever in all of baseball (when healthy) manning that all-important 8th inning. He's not scared of any situation, period. That's the biggest thing he will bring is lack of fear whatsoever. Look at his 2007 season! Truly one of the most dominant seasons a reliever has ever had. WAY better than anything that K-Rod has ever put together. As long as he doesn't become a malcontent (not his style) or get hurt (knock on wood) you will really enjoy watching this guy. I told Juggs that awhile ago. Love that pen.

14. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Yeah I know what you mean about Putz, and I definitely follow close enough that I am excited to see how dominant he is when he is healthy! Looked decent today, had some good movement on his splitter. He had a little trouble locating his fastball, but it was 40* and rain/sleet off and on.

K-Rod looked NASTY today. The movement he gets on his offspeed stuff is stellar, and the speed differential between that and his fastball makes him 100% UNTOUCHABLE when he is on. He was on today and OWNED the 9th inning through the meat of the Reds order.

Granted it is only the first game, but there is a totally different feeling about this Mets team. Maybe it is the bullpen additions, maybe it is the fact that Shea Stadium is now a parking lot, maybe it is the fact that we KEPT Reyes and Wright around -- who knows maybe it is a combination of all of that. I am more excited for baseball season this year than I have been since the start of 2006! There will certainly be bumps in the road and I will not be satisfied until we clinch a playoff spot, but optimism is in the air!

15. theSANDMAN215

damn. Pelf couldn't find the plate in the 1st inning.

16. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

He settled in nicely, that error that cost the Reds that double play last inning sure helped. I am shocked that he is still in this game -- thought he would be pinch hit for with the bases loaded. He is in position for the win now, which after the way the first inning went, I am shocked at!

17. theSANDMAN215

wow. what an ending. i thought that was gone.

18. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Me too. That was frightening.

2-0. Phew.