CL '14 Communication and Advance Policy

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

This guide applies to everybody in Chompions League for the 2014 Release

I am really excited about the people we have in the league this year. Not only have we added more players that really love the game, we've added people who play their games fast. More than ever, it will be important for everybody to be on the same page about our advance schedule as well as communication practices when contacting another player for to schedule a game.

Communication is the key to having a great league.

ADVANCE SCHEDULE

We generally advance as fast as we can. We want to keep moving, keep recruiting, etc. I'm not here to try and dictate how people do things but as a general guide, getting on and playing 3 hours of another game and not getting in a cpu game that day is not cool. Our hard, final advance schedule is 72 hours. That should only happen a few times a season. CPU games should generally be played within 24 hours. If you cannot play your CPU game within the 24 hours, please post in that week's thread when you plan on playing. User/User games should be scheduled within the first 24 hours if at all possible, but a 48-hour window is perfectly acceptable if that doesn't work for either party. The decision to go the third day or not will be up to the commissioner. I will typically favor those people who have something at stake. If a team is unbeaten and they rarely need extra time I will almost always wait. If it's somebody who is usually last to play and has a loss or two already, I will usually not wait.

SCHEDULING GAMES

Scheduling games will still be done in the scheduling forum. As soon as we advance, I post a thread with that week's user games. That is the place to post content and schedule user matches. It is important that when this thread is created, you suggest a time and list other available times in the first post. We have had a lot of issues in the past where a thread is posted like "can you play tonight" followed by "yeah" and then nothing is ever scheduled. The second post in the thread (response from the other party) should effectively cement the time in most cases. The person will either accept the suggested time or select from the other times the person is available.

My expectation is that everybody has a good idea of their schedule and doesn't need to constantly reschedule. This happens to everybody at some point but I really want to limit flakiness and rescheduling as much as possible.

Once both parties have communicated in the thread (mandatory) it is also acceptable to text message the other player to further aid the process. The result of any text message conversation should then be posted in the thread. ("we agreed via text to schedule this for such and such a time). But the step in scheduling your game has to ALWAYS be communicating it in the thread. That way people know that you are actually making an effort to get it played.

RESCHEDULING GAMES

It is important that if the need arises to reschedule, you tell the person as soon as possible. If you wait up until the last minute it will be more likely I will side with the other person and just keep us moving.

SCHEDULE REQUESTS

I will happily take all scheduling requests and do as well as I can with them. If you're busy, ask me to not schedule back to back user games. If you're on vacation at the beginning of the year I can try and backload. I will do what I can, but I have to know about it. Communication is key.

CELL PHONES

I understand that some of you may prefer to maintain your privacy, but for the rest, please list your cell number in this thread. It makes it easier to communicate, especially when ironing out details for a user game.

CONTENT AND ACCESSIBILITY

My requirement with content is that you post at least 1 piece of seasonal content (game preview, recap, player in award race, ect) and one piece of recruiting content in the recruiting forum each season. This is very minimal, but I know that some people don't love doing the writeups. The major requirement when it comes to being on the forums in this league is simply being on them. That means responding to and participating in forums and being accessibile to schedule user games.

I will add to this as necessary. Please read and confirm that you have.

cmassey13 macc24usc jandy CJTHA1 TheMNorthFace Boraby Jbek ssuwr86 Glen Cieske MrWitness36 cyhiphopp

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  2. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I've read it

Are you going to list everyones cell # at the bottom of the OP? just so its easy for everyone to find

414-254-2365

• Like Like x 1
  3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

ALL IN!

515-313-3563

4. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

I can

5. Jbek

Jbek Walk On

I accept the Terms & Conditions.

*4*1*9*5*0*9*3*6*7*7*

6. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

I understand

443 280 4870

7. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Confirm

850-221-8042

8. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Got it.

512-217-7922 text is preferred.

9. Boraby

Boraby Walk On

Yezzir

10. ssuwr86

ssuwr86 Walk On

I accept the terms and conditions...

404-695-3271 text is preferred

• Like Like x 1
  11. jandy

jandy Walk On

419-250-6887

When figuring out a time to play, make sure you specify which time zone you are in lol

12. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Nope, you gotta be ready at 9 Eastern, Central, and Pacific until I decide what time zone I want to be in that night.

• Like Like x 4
  13. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

Comprende. 419-356-8514!

• Like Like x 1
  14. guitarDADDY1208

guitarDADDY1208 Walk On

I completely forgot about doing this my cell is 276-780-8237 text only

• Like Like x 1
  15. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Cell# 619-829-4163 (iPhone), just send me a text when you can play, I usually reply to those if not on the boards first. I'm running on PST.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Charlie Xavier

Charlie Xavier Walk On

Hey guys I had a quick question, my wide receivers all have pretty good ratings and I have an amazing QB but for some reason they continually drop wide open passes?! I don't if I am doing something wrong or what but I was wondering if you all had any tips? Thanks!

17. Rhight

Rhight Walk On

I work 7am-3pm est fri-tue. 386 292 4190

18. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

jandy I believe we are up to play after the advance. I am not sure when we are going to advance, but I wanted to open up this dialogue early so we can make sure everyone understands what is going on. I am a lifelong Pirates fan, I grew up in Central Pa and have suffered through 20 years of awful baseball. Tomorrow night they play their first playoff game since I was 7 years old. I would like to watch it and not worry about playing our game. So with that said can you play Wednesday night after 9:30 PM EST? And Spayer419 would you be willing to hold the next advance for us until we play Wednesday night?

19. jandy

jandy Walk On

I definitely understand the Pirates thing, but I am in the same boat with the Indians on Wednesday night lol. That game starts at 8pm EST, so I could play after that ends if that works for you. Other than the Indians game, my schedule is pretty open the next couple of days, so I'm pretty flexible. Just let me know of a time that works for you

20. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Correct me if I'm wrong but both of those games are on Wednesday and tomorrow is Tuesday? You could just play tomorrow

21. jandy

jandy Walk On

Nope, the Reds/Pirates game 1 is Tuesday at 8. I'm down to play before or after that one though. It's really up to carolinaeasy. My cell # is 419-250-6887. Feel free to hit me up and we can hash out a time

22. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

jandy Let's shoot for Wednesday after the game. I've some term papers to grade out tomorrow night in addition to the game so I'm liable to be mentally worn out tomorrow.

Also Spayer419 if this is too big of a delay I can be put on autopilot. I don't want to hold everyone else up an unreasonable amount of time, but I'm also not missing our first playoff game in two decades either.

23. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Nope, good job with the communication, I'm happy to wait

24. jandy

jandy Walk On

Wednesday night it is!

25. fantasyboi

fantasyboi If Tebow isn't Jesus, I'm the Pope

work 7-3 Mon-Fri

434-989-5715 (text)

• Like Like x 3