Claim Rules Explanation/Help?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by weblink21, Apr 30, 2010.

1. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Claim Rules Explanation/Help?

Can someone explain this to me. I think this is where my problem came in today with removing my claim from Perry and placing it on another player. In the Free Agency Rule thread this is what it says:

Each team can have a MAXIMUM of five (5) active claim tags on players at any one given time. A claim is considered active UNTIL one of the following happens to the claimed player: (a) Player is awarded to a team. (b)Owner announces in player claiming thread and stickied claiming thread that he is removing a tag he previuosly placed on that player. This owner is then prohibited from placing another claim on that particular player. Claims can be removed during the initial 24hr claiming period ONLY. Once the 24hr claiming period is over NO claims can be removed.

Am I Just not understanding this correctly? To me, this is saying that you can remove a claim in the first 24 hours, but that I would not be ale to bid on that particular player. Nate explained it earlier as I would not be able to place another claim. Can someone help me out? This will help me if it comes up with another Owner as well.

2. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

yea...thats the way it is written in our rules.
    Maybe Nate didnt want that part in there..not sure

3. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

It is honestly not a big deal to me. I have two of my claims ending around 10 tonight. As soon as they end I can put a new claim on the player that I wanted earlier when I tried to remove my claim. It is just a matter of a few hours, but I just want to make sure that I understand it.

4. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

well someone added that because i never put that or accepted that. imo if you put a claim, your locked in and must bid on that player, period. i dont care. you guys figure it out and let me know.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think once you post in OMFL forums that you place a claim you are locked to place a claim on that player. If you do not issue a bid on that player than it is your fault. The reason I think this is because if you say you are claiming someone then it affects others who are wanting to claim that guy.

For example,

Nate places a claim on Brandon Jacobs.
    Nobody places a claim for awhile but then weblink places a claim.
    I now may not want to place a claim because of the competiveness but I certainly dont want Nate to get Jacobs at face because he is in my division.
    Then suddenly you pull back your claim, I don't notice it and Nate gets Jacobs for face value.

6. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

The rule definitely makes sense to me. Like I said, I am not arguing for the rule to change so I can get a player. I just think maybe we should revise that part out there so people don't think like i did and then whine.

7. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I agree with that web, that is confusing.

8. Big D

Big D Walk On

It is confusing. Let's have Nate modify it a his next convenience to the rule we are talking about.

I don't think people should be able to pull back bids, as it could cause the issues Frisk is talking about.