Clarity Amongst the Chaos?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Sep 18, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Clarity Amongst the Chaos?

While creating ANOTHER thread may be adding to the board's craziness right now, I had to give it a shot. With all the ideas bouncing back and forth, my head is spinning in a million directions. What the F--- are we going to do? ;) Please, someone, provide some clarity.

2. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

I was just thinking the same thing.

At lease the craziness gives us something to read.

Here's what I think we should do for clarity -

1. The fact that I found the old dynasty file, and made it work, doesn't mean we should bother with it. We have moved on. I am going to disband the old file, and only bring it back if the masses say we should. That should kill some confusion.

2. We ARE moving to a four conference system next year. ACC, SEC, Big Ten, and MWC. Current users may choose any teams in those conferences they like, and may make the change now, or wait until the off-season. The choice is yours.

3. We ARE moving to two advances a week - Thursday and Sunday nights at 11pm EST.

4. Users moving teams are:

- Osiris - from Oregon to LSU (I assume immediately)
    - Ego - from TTech to ?
    - Goose - from Nebraska to ?

5. Conference breakdown is as follows:

Big Ten = 2 (OSU, PSU)
    MWC = 1 (BYU)
    SEC = 2 (LSU, MSU) both SEC West, so third and/or fourth teams must be in the east.
    ACC = 2 (FSU, VTech) 1 Atlantic, 1 Coastal
    IND = 1 (ND)

All users make the necessary changes, and then we'll have the new guys fill in the gaps.

6. We will schedule three user games a year, with exceptions given to leagues that have conference championship games.

Now, what all this should accomplish is a system that keeps us involved, and gives us enough time to play/write/schedule/etc. Plus, the system practically ensures that not all of us can top the charts each year.

Let's start right where we are now. Guys who have to switch can do so now, or wait. It doesn't matter to me. But by the start of next year, we'll have a system in place that should keep us duking it out year after year, which is just a good time.

3. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

I have no problem with any of that, I would like to take this moment and offer to Luchini a reoccurring BYU-ND series, with the next game to be played at BYU. From there I will play anyone, anytime, anywhere bar OSU.

4. egofailure

To all the players who get to keep their teams? Realize how F'N lucky you are. All your work this season won't be for nothing, like mine and two others will be. Show your appreciation by being active on the boards. Dog, where have you been?

I really liked what I had goin' at Texas Tech. You mofos better make this change worth it. Don't let those of us who get F'd up the A-hole down.

5. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I think of this as a challenge. Sure I could have won a Pac 10 title at Oregon without anyone able to stop me. Instead I go to a LSU team that has lost 4 of 5 games. 4 of 5! Including a loss to Vandy of all teams!!! I get to go there and turn thier season around. With the toughest of the SEC West still to play, a little luck could land me in the SEC title game (if Bama looses a game to someone in the SEC that is!) I see this as a huge challenge and I am lucky to get a chance to do it. I'm forging history here!

Lucky is all in the eye of the beholder ;)

6. egofailure

I'm all for the competition. I chose TTU in the Big 12 so I could battle Nebraska and Texas (user teams) and a shit-load of difficult CPU teams under which (at one time) were favored by insanely difficult sliders. You have to be a super-football-video-game-geek to appreciate the mental/creative energy you put into a program as you're progressing through the season. When you're like me, you really get into it. Just ending it and jumping to another team isn't easy for me.

7. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Sorry about that. I think, even in the midst of the inconvenience, you would probably say we are (as a group, at least) moving in the right direction.

And there are lots of interesting choices out there.

8. egofailure

There are some cool choices. But in exchange for my flexibility, I expect a little patience for my usual indecision. ;) I was thinking about Northwestern, but their recruiting strategy thus far this year is so retarded, I can't possibly deal with it. I have a surprise up my sleeve, though. My next change online will be the one ...

9. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

If you play NW, you'll be the first person I've ever seen do it. I'd surely root for you, in every game but one.

10. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

And if it helps, I may be making a change right along with you. I really think I might want to step out of my safe little six-star world and get into a more challenging scenario. That way, I can leave the sliders alone (and stop torturing you guys) and still get knocked around a bit.

I've actually been thinking of offering my Bucks to Goose (who's an Ohio guy), adding the Utah fan, and taking TCU. I go spread instead of Pro, get out of a major conference, and step down two stars. That oughtta make for a decent challenge, and still give me a chance to follow my Bucks, since I'll be leaving them in good hands (and with a stellar class).

If Goose accepts, only one teams really gets upended. That's you, and I'm sorry about that, but judging by your performance so far, you need to be hindered a bit, ya big stick jock :D

11. egofailure

I was all for it, until I saw their recruiting choices. They just don't have the depth to deal with such a lackluster class. I'd be really, really working up hill. Michigan State has a similar shitty recruiting effort, but they got slightly more youth/talent to withstand it. I'm really disappointed with how the CPU recruits for mid-range programs.

12. egofailure

Haha, a little luck has certainly helped. (Playing multiple dynasties with the same system/playbook doesn't hurt, either.) This new set-up should make the competition a premium, to the point where if anyone runs the table, they'll deserve all the respect the league has to offer.

13. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I approve of this!

14. mrluchini

mrluchini Walk On

I think an BYU vs. ND annual match up would be great.

15. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Then it is scheduled! Thanks Luchini.

16. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

So are we looking to add tom (Georgia Tech) and bdub (Utah)?

17. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

Yep, and after VT dropped, it looks like we'll add all three guys waiting.

18. Urine_Trouble_

Urine_Trouble_ Walk On