Class of 2012 - Where are they now?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Wick36, Dec 3, 2011.

1. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

I thought it might be interesting to see how we did in our first year of recruiting. 2012 recruits will be Juniors/RSoph this year.

Who's starting?
    Who turned out well?
    Overachieving?
    Underachieving?
    In line for a solid spot?
    Position you didn't fill coming back to bite you?
    Etc.

Season 1 Recruiting Thread

-----------

I have 8 players from that class who currently start. All three five stars (WR Seward, TE Woods, LB Smith) along with two offensive lineman, my starting corner, my kicker/punter, and my MLB.

Seward was my first big signing and he's panned out fairly well. His numbers haven't been fantastic up to this point, but he is a very solid player. His routes are extremely crisp and he gets open a decent amount. Perhaps next year when there's a better QB he'll be able to get the ball more.

Smith is my favorite player on the defense because he's a bad ass. He has started at LOLB all three years so far. This year he is leading my team in tackles (26 solo), has 5 sacks, and 2 interceptions. It just shows his versatility - he doesn't really have a weak point.

Woods is a big help with his 6'8" frame. He's a decent receiver and a very good blocker. I like to use him a lot in play action and for deep balls because he always has a chance for jump balls.

For over achievers I'd have to go with my C Morris. He's a RSoph and is currently rated a 94. He has made the transition from guard to center beautifully.

By far my most disappointing player has been my OLB recruit Fulton. He came in rated higher than any of the others, but he fucking blows. He is slow and can't cover for crap. I've been meaning to move him to DE the last 2 years, but somehow that stage always seems to come on a saturday/sunday morning and I oversleep it, lol. Hopefully he'll be less of a failure there.

The rest of the class is really waiting in the wings or will be career special teamers. My QB recruit Miller will find himself in a QB battle next year. He is the highest rated out of the 3 I'll have, but one of them is a better passer and the freshman I brought in last year (5 star) is extremely shifty and is the most accurate passer on my roster. The decision may end up being all about what style I want to run, and the Balanced/Pocket/Running QB may end up with the job because of it. 4/5 of my line will be recruits from this class next year barring someone leaving early.

I really wish that I would've been able to get a good DT or fullback in this class. I've got a lack of depth there now and could be in some trouble next year unless I can improvise a bit. I hate having a weak defensive line.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Who's starting?

:2stars:FB Nick Walker 90 OVR, :5stars: ATH Spencer Bain 85 OVR, :4stars:DE Gerald Thomas 87 OVR, :4stars:MLB Marcus Murphy 87 OVR, :4stars:CB Justin Coe 87 OVR, :3stars:SS Ben Mitchell 87 OVR

Who turned out well?

:4stars:WR Isaac Timmons has been a beast as a deep threat, :3stars:SS Ben Mitchell has been my starting safety every year.

Overachieving?
    HB Scott Holt has been an awesome kick returner and may get a chance to be the starter soon, has blazing speed and is a great backup.

Underachieving?
    :3stars:G Richard Gant and :3stars:OLB Meadows have yet to even see the field

In line for a solid spot?
    :4stars:HB Scott Holt could be the man next year, especially if Rawls leaves.

Position you didn't fill coming back to bite you?

I still don't have a safety I am happy with because OSU or UGA take them all lol. My OLINE is def the weakest though, really need to get some strength their.

3. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

:5stars: HB Rasheed Cunnigham - Backup HB behind Malcome. He is currently an 88 overall RS SO.
    2014 - 319 yards rushing 5 rushing TD

:4stars: CB Chris McKinney - Starting CB as a junior. He is currently rated at 88 overall.
    2014 - 15 tackles 2 INT 2 FR

:4stars: - DT Mike Gaddis - RS SO starting behind Thornton in 3 down set, sees some time as #2 DT in nickle and dime sets. He is rated at 88 overall.
    2014 - 1 tackle 1 tackle for loss

:4stars: - OG Seth Levine - RS SO with an overall rating of 87. He is the starting left guard.

:3stars: - OT Brett Rooney - JUCO SO recruit that redshirted his first season. He is starting at right tackle as a RS JR. He is currently rated at 87 overall.

:4stars: QBs Mike Adams and James Blalock - Will compete for starting QB job next season, both will be RS JR. Adams is rated at 87 and Blalock is an 86.

:4stars: HB E.J. Swan - He doesn't see the field much but he is solid at 87 overall as a RS SO. He likely finishes as #3 HB with Cunningham in the same class and Kevin Jenkins a class behind Swan.

:4stars: Stephen Wilson - 77 overall recruit, now RS SO but only progressed to 79 overall. He is buried on the depth chart and I have a much better true sophomore on my roster.

Starting: McKinney, Levine, Rooney, punter Gary Irvin

Turned out well: Cunningham, McKinney, Gaddis, Levine, Adams, Blalock

Overachieving: Rooney

Underachieving: Wilson

In line for a solid spot: Cunningham, Gaddis, Adams or Blalock

Position you didn't fill: Nothing comes to mind, my team is pretty solid

Overall this was a very poor class for Georgia with only a few impact players. If we do this for 2013 and beyond, UGA will be loaded. I picked up a 6th star after season 1 and have been dominating recruiting since year 2. :)

4. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  5. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

:5stars: ATH E.J. Turner started playing WR his freshmen year and started, hasn't left the field since and is now rated 92 overall with a great overall skillset.

:4stars: DE Anthony White is now a junior and has been starting for three years, currently he is an 87 overall.

:4stars: SS Danny Weddle is now a junior and has been starting for three years with his great speed, currently an 85 overall.

:4stars: SS Sean Randolph has since left for Missouri after his freshmen year and losing the job to Weddle, currently an 87 overall and a starter for the Tigers.

:3stars: P Jim Vaughn has been our punter since his freshmen year, now a junior he is an 87 overall.

:4stars: DE Kevin Harmon in now a junior and has been starting for three years, last year he was 1st Team All Big 10, currently he is an 86 overall.

:4stars: QB Adam Reese is a redshirt sophomore and the starter the last two years, has only been average at best, currently an 87 overall.

:4stars: RB Bo Keller is a redshirt sophomore who backed up DeAndre Johnson last year and has now taken over the starter role and is succeeding, currently an 87 overall.

:4stars: CB Nick Medley is in his junior year and has been one of the starters the last two years, currently an 84 overall

:3stars: CB Marcus McFadden is a redshirt sophomore who was Freshmen All-American and 2nd Team All-Big 10 last year, currently an 80 overall.

:2stars: JUCO DT Kevin Cooper gradutated last year as a 1st Team All-Big 10 player after starting his two years in Iowa, left as an 82 overall.

WR Sylvester Johnson is the third wideout right now, TE Jerod Williams is the #2, FS Andy Kendrick is the #2, OLB Michael Howell is a #2, DT Jonathan Jackson is a #3, and DE Drew Garner is a #3. None of these palyers have made an impact yet, though Williams is starting to this year in his role.

I wish that I had picked up another DT or a younger one than Cooper, that position only goes 3 deep and Jackson was a 64 who is now a 75. Gotten better every year but clearly was a disappointment coming in that low as a :3stars: FB is also a dire need right now since I never grabbed on that year or any year since. Missed the chance to officially move the #3TE to FB last season but he is starting there anyway and will make the move this year.

• Like Like x 1
  6. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

The first year of recruiting was extremely fruitful for the Buckeyes. 8 of the 15 players recruited are currently starting, with another 2 making big contributions to the offense and a decent QB working as a backup.

QB - :4stars: RS So Anthony Edmonds has an 83 overall rating and backs up star QB Braxton Miller. Edmonds sports 72 AWR and 93 THA ratings.

WR - :5stars: RS So Robert Felder and :5stars: RS So Carl Owen were both plucked out of the state of Michigan and look to be stars in the making. They both sport 85 ratings and work in the slot in 3 and 4 receiver sets.

TE - :5stars: RS So Desmond Hawkins and :4stars: Tyler Washington were the #1 and #3 overall TEs in this class. Hawkins is currently the starter and Washington sees ample time in 2 TE sets.

OL - :4stars: T prospect Jamarr Washington starts at LT, :4stars: G prospect Shannon Thomas starts at RG. Both are RS So. Junior Matt Robinson :4stars: starts at RT.

DL - :4stars: Jr DE Patrick Turner starts at LE.

LB - :3stars: Jr Kasey Newell has been a fixture on special teams, but is 3rd on the depth chart at LOLB. :4stars: MLB Jarvis Greer is a first year starter. :3stars: RS So Justin Wheeler plays special teams and is 3rd on the depth chart at MLB. :3stars: RS So ROLB Thomas Walker backs up Sr Ryan Shazier and will probably start next season.

CB - :4stars: RS So CB Andy Bolden is a first year starter this season. He saw time at the nickel back last year.

S - :4stars: RS So FS Wade Henderson committed to the Buckeyes, after a tough battle with the lawn weasels. Henderson sports an 89 overall rating with 99 speed and is always around the ball in the secondary.

I regret not picking up a DT or some better LBs.

7. Wick36

You're no LSU on the boards. :)

8. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

My class of 2012 group is ridiculous. Several of those guys have been starting since they were freshman (mostly RS FR). My 2013 class is pretty good too, but 2014 definitely trumps 2013 so far. I have signed the maximum 3 :5stars: every season since year 1. I could also argue that my school is better than LSU, just ask DE Brett Phillips. :p

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.com/threads/legacy-2012-recruiting-thread.61109/

9. Wick36

Thread derailed! Earlier visit != better school :p

My graduating class was really small that year, but I got some quality guys.
    I've signed 3 5s every season so far but this one - and it's because I didn't actually want 3 of the ones available, lmao. I'll get 1 WR who I don't need and have 2 open for the off season.

My 2013 class was solid - 8 players rated 80 or above.

Not making this a competition though. There's plenty of talent and black market money in SEC country to go around... except for Alabama... they're not allowed to recruit here because they're in my division.

10. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

:5stars: Cliff Williams -- 86 ovr WR -- Reggie Williams has been successfull for the Fighting Irish so far in his young career with the team. He has 40 receptions for 699 yards and 8 touchdowns. He is averaging 1.4 yards per catch.

:5stars: Reggie Williams -- 86 ovr QB -- Reggie Williams came out categorized as an athlete. He's now the starting QB for the Fighting Irish. Shaky at times, Reggie has gotten the job done so far this season and has had some impressive games. So far in his career he is 78 for 162 for 1377 yards 11 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Reggie's accuracy is improving and he has started to find some rhythm the last few weeks.

:4stars:James Pierce -- 86 ovr DT -- Pierce has been solid in the middle of the defensive line for the Irish this season. He has 29 solo tackles 17 being for losses and 9.5 sacks in his career. I expect James to continue to ratchet up his production next season for the Irish.

:4stars:Frank Pierre -- 85 ovr HB -- Pierre has had a great year as backup to George Atkinson who is a RS Jr. Pierre so far this season 390 yards and 11 touchdowns on 61 attempts. This season has really been his coming out party and next year is going to lead a two headed monster rushing attack for the Irish.

:4stars:Jeremy Johnson -- 86 ovr MLB -- Jeremy Johnson is a RS Sophomore for the Fighting Irish that is having a solid season. He has 42 solo tackles, 6 being for losses, and 1.5 sacks. Johnson also has an interception this season. This is another athlete that is having a coming out party for the Irish this season. Johnson plans on having a very successful career with the Irish.

:4stars:Sheldon Robinson -- 86 ovr FS -- Sheldon is having a great JR year anchoring a talented secondary in South Bend. Robinson has 52 solo tackles in his career 5 of which were for losses. He also has 3 interceptions.

:4stars:Carl Horton -- 82 ovr TE -- RS Sophomore TE Carl Horton has yet to make an impact for the Irish. He currently sits third on the depth chart behind another RS Sophomore Brett Wiggins and RS Junior Ben Koyack. Horton has 1 reception for 11 yards in his career with the Irish.

:4stars:Brett Wiggins -- 85 ovr TE -- Brett Wiggins has out performed his recruiting classmate Carl Horton so far in his career with Notre Dame. 99% of his production has come this season. His stats so far this season are 9 receptions for 91 yards and 2 touchdowns. His longest catch is 17 yards. I expect Brett Wiggins to continue to grow with the Irish and become another successful tight end out of Notre Dame.

11. MoonBBad

MoonBBad http://twitch.tv/moonbbad

Here was a pretty nice grab by a 2012 recurit WR thrown by a fellow 2012 recruit QB. The Williams to Williams connection.

• Like Like x 1