Class of 2017 Recruiting Board

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

title

2. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

Iowa Signs Top 150
    Iowa announces there first hard commit this week. Matt Slater of Whitehall, Ohio, accepts a scholarship offer from Coach VanWesten. Matt looks like to be a possible QB/HB/WR. With Alex Hill being starter at quarterback, and a few talented wide outs. Look for Slater to be in the running back stable with other impressive backs.​
    Matt Slater.jpg

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

DAMN! That's a nice way to kick off a class! Which offensive position do you need the most help in?

4. webbs6212

webbs6212 Walk On

i aint sure yet. i have a senior qb and 2 jrs so im thinking about putting him there and just play him as a back up. running backs i have 2 so and 3 fr so im pree set there. wide outs i only have 2 seniors and the rest are so's and fr. my top 2 so's are above 80 overall.

5. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Yeah, it will probably all depend on how he grades out at each position in the end. just wondering if you were particularly thin at any of the three and needed immediate help.

6. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Auburn gets one insta week 1, a big time MLB the #3 in this years class
    ScreenHunter_03 Nov. 17 14.33.jpg

7. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Recruiting [​IMG] Update
    Texas picks up two insta commits week 1. Here's a quick look at them:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Jackson looks to be an underrated DT that helps fill a position need. The Horns will look to add at least one more DT and possibly more. Mr. Ware will come in and lok to continue the legacy of great Lineman. He's a BIG boy at 6'7" and 325lbs with strong blocking ratings as well.

8. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Oklahoma Lands First Recruit​
    MikeSmith.jpg
    Oklahoma gets an instant commit from 4* FS Mike Smith. Smith comes in as the #7 FS in this year's class, and it looks as if that classification may be on the conservative side. A 76(+3), this kid looks like a burner who can deliver a big blow to a running back as well as keep up with most wide receivers. Oklahoma has identified its secondary as a weakness for the years to come, and looks forward to plugging Smith in either at FS or CB.​

9. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wisconsin Lands First recruit / #1 rated player from OHIO

ScreenHunter_15 Nov. 22 12.31.jpg

Eddie Murphy looks to project as a WR or QB, the Badgers will be trying him out at QB. Looks like there will be a QB competition in Madison next season

10. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Oklahoma Lands Two Three Star Athletes​
    E. Morris-ATH.jpg M. Gordon-ATH.jpg
    Eric Morris and Marcus Gordon enter the fold and provide Oklahoma with two strong options on offense. Eric Morris projects to be a solid back that could compliment last year's big recruit, Sylvester Armstrong on passing downs. With Marcus Gordon, it appears the Sooners have plenty of options. Not only does he project to be a stud wide receiver who can make a big play, he also has the skills required to throw the football. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the recruiting class fills out and where these kids will be deployed on next year's roster.​

11. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

RECRUITING [​IMG] UPDATE
    The Longhorns managed to pick up commitments from the #1 FB and #1 Punter in this year's class. Maybe the player causing the biggest buzz of their recent signees though is this year's top-ranked HB James Moore from Live Oak, TX:
    [​IMG]

The 5'10" 183lb HB has the speed and elusiveness to be that "big play" back that the Horns have been searching for. Given the HB depth currently on the roster, Moore may get a chance to redshirt so he can add a little size and strength.

Texas also added the 8th-ranked DT and 9th-ranked ATH, who looks to project as a receiver. Here's a look at James Mills of Guymon, OK and Ryan Davis of Palm Harbor, FL:

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wisconsin Grabs their 2nd Commit

ScreenHunter_17 Nov. 26 15.42.jpg

13. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

AlexNeal-DT.jpg GregGrier-CB.jpg LukeMullins-K.jpg ScottOsborne-TE.jpg

Four more three star recruits come in to the fold as Oklahoma goes with an early quantity over quality approach with their kids. The biggest catch of the group is Luke Mullins, whom Oklahoma's head coach pryed away from the clutches of home state OSU. Alex Neal looks to fill in a depleted defensive line, and Greg Grier will do the same in the secondary for the Sooners. Osborne will have a hard time finding playing time in his first year with Oklahoma being stocked at that position, word out of Norman is that a redshirt is likely for the young TE. With two more soft commits, Oklahoma seems to be doing just fine in restocking the stables.​

14. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Well well the Tigers had a huge week recruiting in week 5 picking up commitments from several of the top defenders in the nation and a huge 4* Center that has 5* #'s
    ScreenHunter_05 Nov. 28 18.24.jpg
    This guy has super star all over him at 81 overall he looks to anchor the tiger line in the future
    Now the 3 5* commits
    ScreenHunter_04 Nov. 28 18.24.jpg
    The #2 DT and #11 player in the nation
    ScreenHunter_06 Nov. 28 18.25.jpg
    Lining up beside him will be the #1 DE and #9 player in the Nation
    ScreenHunter_07 Nov. 28 18.25.jpg
    And if they get past those 2 than look out for the #1 MLB in the class and #45 player in the country
    Here is our class so far and we will have several more top recruits sign soon
    ScreenHunter_08 Nov. 28 18.43.jpg

15. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Wisconsin adds a third, 2nd DL of class

ScreenHunter_17 Nov. 28 21.18.jpg

16. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Glen Cieske gotta love the name... almost recruited him for that alone but I'm stacked at QB. Not really your style tho is it, duel threat?

cmassey13 congrats on Moore, he was priority #1. He's very similar to what McLaurin was coming out of HS and if you don't redshirt I'm sure you can find some room for him, maybe as a KR/PR and specialty change-of-pace guy. Nonetheless consider changing his appearance for realism sake :p

17. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I can adjust and add some things for him outside of my normal power run stuff. I'm hoping he's more of a RG3 lite.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  18. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Thanks. Moore was my top target outside of the 2 DT's I had to sign. I also like the fact that one of the best ever RBs from my little hometown was named Jamie Moore and looked a lot like this guy's picture. Hopefully James doesn't tear up his knee ithe state playoffs like Jamie did though.

19. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Who do I have to bribe to get a HB like that?

20. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

The Tigers add 2 more top recruits to the class both 5*'s and huge picks ups for the Tigers O-Line
    1st is a nice Tackle the #3 T and #27 player in the nation a great pass blocker
    ScreenHunter_13 Dec. 01 12.11.jpg
    Then we have the #3 Guard in the class and the #10 player in the nation.....he can do it all
    ScreenHunter_14 Dec. 01 12.11.jpg
    The Tigers are off to a great start on the recruiting trail with 5....5* commits and 2 4* with overalls as good or better than my 5*'s... with 7 commits total and 14 open spots left...we look to finish strong!

• Like Like x 1
  21. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Give pete Carroll a call he should know

22. fishdock

fishdock Walk On

Oklahoma Adds 4 More in Week 7​
    DamonThurman-CB.jpg TerryCallahan-MLB.jpg LeeKilpatrick-DT.jpg
    Oklahoma continues to load up on both sides of the ball, and these three kids provide qualtiy and quantity. Damon Thurman is a strong CB who projects to be a starter in Norman by his second year. Callahan is just a three star recruit, but after much recruiting looks to form an incredible with last year's top 5 MLB Slaughter. They could bring together a defense that could be talked about in Norman for years to come. Kilpatrick adds solid depth to the Sooner D-line and should provide the head coach with a strong rotation of guys.​
    The fourth commit from Week 7 for the Sooners is QB Mark Martin. The #5 QB in this year's class, Martin was sought after by several high profile teams, especially some members of our very own Chompions League. The head coach from Oklahoma is extremely excited to have snatched this kid away from RIVAL Texas, and looks forward to the QB competition brewing between last year's top recruit Brian Price and Martin.​
    MarkMartin-QB.jpg

23. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

MAN! I knew I jumped on Martin too late. Hopefully he turns into a pick machine!

24. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Very nice find on Callahan, but I wouldn't say you snatched the QB away from me. He might've had me on his list, but that doesn't mean he was on mine. I've already. Got too many QBs, but hope he's a good pickup for you.

25. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Looking good guys. I had my big recruiting visit week, so per usual, i'll post an update with my commits soon