Class of 2020 Recruiting Board

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by Spayer419, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

New decade!​

2. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

Antonio T. noticing some Ohio prospects interested in the 'Heels. Good luck...building a fence around my state ;)

3. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

I tunneled under that fence a while ago. Indiana is not a hotbed of talent.

4. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

sure it is man! Just give it another chance....nothing to see here in Ohio and Michigan ;)

5. jandy

jandy Walk On

After not signing a 5* last season, Alabama has 2 commit in Week 1

Bama Joey Powell.PNG

Powell huge a huge commit. He fills a team need and gives Bama some much needed speed on the offensive side of the ball. He will likely redshirt his first year and eventually play on the outside and be a target for upcoming QB John Anderson.

Bama Kerry Johnson.PNG

With his lack of speed, it's possible that Johnson will be moved to linebacker upon arriving in Tuscaloosa. Either way, he's a 5* recruit and will likely see his skills progress well over time.

6. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Nice early gets. Just remember though that there's weight restrictions on moving guys to LB. 210+ for OLB and 215+ for MLB, unless we changed something.

7. Spayer419

Spayer419 Walk On

nope thats still the rule

8. jandy

jandy Walk On

Damn I forgot about those...oh well, he'll still be a solid safety

9. Antonio T.

Antonio T. Walk On

Yeah, I got Ohio in the pipeline. Right now I have 8 pipeline states, Florida, N. Carolina, S. Carolina, Georgia, Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, and Virginia. I try to get them from everywhere!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

I saw you got an early commit on my board Antonio T. That G I was after. Good thing I didn't call him last week. Boards looking great for us sofar!!!

11. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Recruiting Update
    Wolverines Nab Two Commits in Opening Week
    ScreenHunter_1111 Feb. 20 10.18.jpg
    Mike will immediately compete for a starting spot on what will be a very young defensive line with starters Brian Leach and John Holland both graduating.
    ScreenHunter_1112 Feb. 20 10.18.jpg
    Darren will most likely redshirt his 1st year, but should develop into a solid bruising tailback.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Captain Clutch

Captain Clutch Walk On

Northwestern is trying a new recruiting plan this year which involves not waiting until the offseason to grab 80% of the recruiting class. With that in mind, they were able to land one instant commit on Week 1:

Jonathan Byrd, FS, ****, Hobart, Oklahoma, 72(-2) (58%)
    6'1", 181 lbs. #149 Overall, #3 FS

After last year's recruiting class landed 3 safeties in total, Free Safeties weren't a huge need. However, the concern is depth at both positions, where, after 2021, it is unlikely that anyone on Northwestern's roster will be an 80 Overall Free Safety. He will redshirt his freshman year, but should begin making an on-field impact beginning his Sophomore year. The fact that he hasn't been entirely scouted presents a concern for the coaching staff, but the need at the position (and the fact that he's the #3 FS in the country) gave the coaching staff justification in acting quickly.

• Like Like x 3
  13. jandy

jandy Walk On

Bama Adds Another 5*

Bama Jonny Temple.PNG
    The Crimson Tide receive another highly-touted recruit this week in #1 QB Jonny Temple. This gun-slinger has all the makings to be a great pocket passer once the John Anderson era has finished in Tuscaloosa. Expect this young man to redshirt next year.​

14. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

Glad I didn't make a push for this kid. Thought I might have had a chance but he apparently jumped at the chance to Play QB at home.​

15. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

I thought about going after him, but I found someone better :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

You and I both lol I've got two guys who are going to give the #1 QB last year a run for his money next year. May have a dual threat back there, which is very unlike me but we need a change in the run game.

17. Crumbler81

Crumbler81 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Recruiting Update
    #17 Cornerback and #12 Fullback Commit
    ScreenHunter_1126 Feb. 27 16.02.jpg
    With decent speed and solid coverage skills, Mike should add solid depth to a young secondary but may redshirt his 1st year.
    ScreenHunter_1127 Feb. 27 16.02.jpg
    Kelly should start immediately and provide solid blocking help, especially in pass protection.

18. macc24usc

macc24usc Walk On

FSU Inks Two Gems

qb butler.png

Here's an interesting commitment, target even for the coaching staff who inked the #1 pocket passer in the country last year in current RS Shaun Essiree. He will likely benefit from a year improving his mechanics and pocket awareness but Butler comes in with a cannon for an arm you just do not see at this level. For a 3star prospect the coaching staff believes this guy can sling it better than any high school prospect.

t hill.png

Protecting the FSU's QBs blindsides for the next 4 years will be Marcus Hill another gem 3* prospect. The coaching staff used their newly formed pipeline in North Carolina to ink this kid and he blew them away when he camped with them in the pre-season. He is a prospect on the rise and with that frame he should be able to fend off even the nastiest of pass rushers in the country. These are two prospects you will see a lot of in the future, we feel strongly about that.

19. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

That dude is a monster!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

wisconsin1.png
    Wisconsin gets 3 commits, Two are 5*​
    Walter Berry, DE #43 (#3)​
    ScreenHunter_38 Feb. 28 10.45.jpg
    Berry will probably get moved to OLB to fit into the Badgers 3-4 scheme.​
    Nick Green ATH #1 (#1) Number one overall recruit!!!!​
    ScreenHunter_39 Feb. 28 10.46.jpg ScreenHunter_40 Feb. 28 10.46.jpg
    Nick will probably play on the defensive side of the ball, but Wisconsin will wait till spring to see what their roster situation looks like.​
    Mike Lewis K #422 (#4)​
    ScreenHunter_38 Feb. 28 10.46.jpg
    With Senior K Walter Berry moving due to graduation Lewis will get immediate playing time.​

21. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Recruiting [​IMG] Update
    Texas has signed 4 recruits so far. Probably the most exciting is ATH Cedric Goode from Mission, TX. He is 5'10" 193lbs, but is very fast. He looks like he could play a multitude of postions. Whether he ends up at HB, WR, or CB it looks lke he'll be a great addition to the Longhorn roster. DT was a point of emphasis for the coaches this season and they've signed the #3 and #4 DT's in this year's class. Solid start for this year's class with several more signings expected soon. ​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  22. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

Goode-

ACCEL - 96

M COV - 85

Z COV - 87

23. cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp Walk On

Remind me never to pass it anywhere near him.

24. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

thanks for the scouting help.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

no problem, I was really hoping to sign him