Clemson 2011 Scouting Report (3)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GoGators, Dec 3, 2009.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Clemson 2011 Scouting Report (3)

Post playbooks, recruiting board, and scouting reports here.

2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Offense: Harper was very tough. He had a huge game against me and my sorry defense had no answer for him. He burned me twice on big gains due to his speed, but most of his runs were only for short gains. Korn didn't run often, but when he did he was effective. He had no problems picking my defense apart either. McNeal was clearly his favorite passing target before the game so I keyed on him for most of the game and it was effective (2 rec for 23 yards) but Korn had no problems spreading the ball around to 6 other receivers.

Defense: This clearly made the difference in the game. His run defense was pretty soft in the middle as my power back had a field day against them (15 car, 127 yards, 8.4 avg) but his pass rush was very, very, very tough. This was clearly the strongest facet of the game. He sacked my QB 3 times. He intercepted my QB 3 times. 1 pick was when my receiver dropped the ball and it bounced to his defender. The other 2 picks were caused by the pass rush as my QB was hit while throwing and threw wounded ducks. I have a solid O-line and his pass rush won the game for him. My QB never got comfortable in the pocket.