Clemson @ Florida State

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by egofailure, Oct 2, 2010.

1. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Clemson @ Florida State

This game is an advance away, but I figured we'd get the communication started now. I'm cool to play after 9 PM on Monday and anytime after 5 PM on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Does this work for you? Let me know what day(s) you prefer.

Neither of our teams are NC contenders, but this game will most likely decide who plays in the ACC Championship Game. Big game, should be fun!

2. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

I'm avail Mon-Fri after 9:30pm est or anytime SUN... And yeah another ACC title will be very nice in our trophy room

3. egofailure

If I were you, I'd just buy smaller furniture in your trophy room, 'cause you ain't winng shit for a long time. Well, unless you switch teams to get out of the ACC. ;) Haha, anyway, if we advance early Sunday (9 PM or sooner), I can play then. But if that doesn't happen, why don't we plan for Tuesday night at 8 PM ET?

4. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

Sun (if we advance) is cool.. Tues is cool but 9:30pm est (or after) is the fastest i can get home from work

5. egofailure

Cool, let's aim for Sunday and use Tuesday as the backup. No rush on Tues, as I'm usually up until 2 AM, anyway. So you can take your time and settle in before playing. Monday is a bit hectic for me, so I'd prefer not to play tired at the end of the night.

6. egofailure

Sample, if we advance soon (which it seems that we will) ... I'm tempted to give it a go tonight. My coffee jitters should be done by then. Haha, you game?

7. egofailure

Sample, around tonight?

8. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

nope.. the wife wanted cuddle time :-(

9. egofailure

Haha, oh God. Ready to rock and roll tonight?

10. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

i get home and my 3 year old wants some damn pancakes! WTF! I told her this ain't no denny's or ihop!!!

So, now that i fixed her some pancakes and took a shit..........

LET'S GET IT ON BITCH!!

11. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

10:01PM EST, i'm gonna go eat dinner and check back every 15mins

12. egofailure

I'm here, brah'!

13. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

p.s. i hope you don't have any recruits coming to this game b/c you are about to get "knocked the fuck out!"

14. egofailure

Haha, we're playing in Florida. Where's your head at?

Should I send the invite now?

15. JustASample

JustASample Walk On

ooooh yeah ;-)

i already sent the invite to you

16. egofailure

First of all, great game, Sample. You def' got the best of me in this one.

A few things:

- I went down 14-0 after my first three offensive plays. A little, "conservative" dump-off to my TE got picked off and brought back for 6. (I didn't include it as a highlight because the beginning was cut off a bit and I'm sure Sample will include it anyway.) On my next drive, I called a nice draw that netted some decent yardage, but my HB couldn't hang on. Fumble. FSU TD. 14-0. (First replay.)

- At this point, I was really ticked, but I still felt okay. I stayed composed, marched down the field. TD. 14-7. (Second replay.)

- On Sample's next drive, he fumbled twice, but was able to maintain possession. I felt that was a huge segment of the game. Getting the turnover would have really helped me capture the momentum. Still, I held him to a FG, and felt okay.

- I had another really good, well balanced drive, capped off by a cool WR reverse. TD. 17-14. (Fourth replay.)

- And this is when I felt as though I got "Miami Dolphined" ... for all those who watched last night's ball game. Shit just snow-balled. At this point, Sample had basically lined up in the same formation each play (Ace Y-trips?), and I had gotten a good handle on it with the 4-2-5. But on this next drive, he lined up exclusively in 5 and 4 WR sets, which is a weakness of mine.

- I came close to making a stop, but he converted several nice 3rd down conversions. As the half almost closed, he lined up in another 5 WR set, and I used the safety to cover the slot ... (post) ... but still got beat. 23-14. (Fifth replay). End of half.

- Sample then got the ball back and did the same thing. I mixed some coverages, but couldn't generate pressure. When I then got desperate and blitized? Boom on the open deep route! 30-14.

- On my next drive, I missed a wide-open WR on the corner post on 3rd down, and that was it for me. I lost my cool, left my game-plan, and made Henne-like mistakes trying to get back into it.

I have a really good idea of how Sample plays now, and believe it or not, feel really confident about our next battle. But for now, credit goes to him. Good game!