Clemson Tigers

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mike E, Jan 13, 2010.

1. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Clemson Tigers

On the opening kickoff, the Hokies kickoff team absolutely pasted the clemson returner causing a fumble return for a TD. Upon getting the ball back the tigers drove the lenght of the field but came up empty as the FG was missed.

On the first Hokie offensive play, a screen pass was fumbled and picked up by Junior safety Spencer Adams and returned 30 yards for a score to even it up at 7.

VT then took a commanding 28-7 lead early in the 2nd frame. However, The Clemson Tigers are nothing if not resilient as they stormed back to tie the game at 28 heading into the halftime locker room.

After holding Tech to a 3 and out on their first posession of the second half, the Clemson Tigers embarked on a 14 play, 83 yard drive capped off by an Ellington 6 yard TD. The 3rd quarter ended when the Tigers stopped the Hokies on a 4th and inches deep in Clemson territory.

After an ill advised pass on third down that was picked off, clemson allowed the Hokies to score a touchdown to tie the game at 35. With 4 minutes remaining in the game, Clemson took control and ran the ball down to the clemson 3 yard line to Kick a game winning field goal with 00:01 remaining.

Final Score

Clemson - 38
    Virginia Tech - 35

Game ball goes to the Clemson Offensive line for opening holes on a very tough defense all night long.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Dang sounds like a great game, nice win

3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I panicked a bit after being down 28-7. After reading the horror that was the Texas Tech game I thought I was doomed.

Luckily my QB is solid and I have a deep stable of backs. My all american left with bruised ribs and my backups picked up the slack!

With my trouble against the run, I do not look forward to the Georiga Tech game next week...

4. Hova

Ya tell me about it, the triple option is a headache from hell to defend

5. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

Lost a tough one to Florida state. Clemson was ahead 21-20 at halftime. But apparently at the half, Bo Jackson suited up at running back and proceeded to molest the Tigers defense.

Offensively, 2 turnovers led to 10 FSU points, which naturally, was the difference in the game.

Kinda sick to my stomach right now about the defense...Practice will not be fun for the Tigers as they now prepare for the Florida Gators...

6. Hova

Damn Tough loss, and you have florida next??