Clemson @ UNC

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Colemanchu, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Clemson @ UNC

This game was not about defense.

The scoring started early and often as Clemson would build an early 14-10 lead. UNC would answer with a score of their own on a Flea-Flicker to take a 14-17 lead with little time left in the half. Clemson tried to move the ball into field goal range but watch as a pass went through their intended receivers hands and was intercepted and returned for six just before halftime to give UNC a 10 point lead at half.
    The Tar Heels took the opening kick in the second half and moved the ball down the field with ease but saw their drive stall and was forced to kick a field goal, 27-14. Clemson would answer with a touchdown in their next drive pulling back to within one score at 27-21. The Tigers defense held and drove the ball to inside UNC's 5 yard, but would fail on three straight rushing attempts, bringing up 4th and goal at their opponents 4. After watching his defense struggle all day Clemsons coach hesitated before deciding to take the points and make the game 27-24 early in the fourth.
    His doubt was well founded as UNC would again drive down the field unmolested for another touchdown making it 34-24 with 3:05 left in the game. Junior quarterback and three year starter Kyle Parker would work the no huddle offense to perfection, tearing apart UNC's secondary and shrugging off the fierce pass rush, in leading his team down the field to pull within 3 on a Bryce McNeil touchdown grab with 1:36 remaining. Having all three timeouts left didnt mean much at this point as Clemson lined up for the onside kick, their teed the ball up and as ususal looked like he had no clue what he was doing as the ball was easily recovered by North Carolina inside Clemsons 40.
    Fortunately for Clemson fans hteir defense showed up when they needed them most as they forced the Tar Heels into a fourth down situation, using only one of their timeouts in the process. North Carolinas stud kicker Connor Barth would nail the long field goal with ease forcing Clemson to drive the whole length of the field in less than 45 seconds if they had any chance at a win. Again Parker would look good in moving the ball down the field in chunks, and forcing the defense to use a couple timeouts to reorganize. UNC's timeout prove useful as Parker would find noone open downfield, Looking to get what he could he tucked the ball away and sprinted for open field but at the last moment a defender broke towards him leaving All American halfback Jamie Harper open down the sidelines for a catch and run resulting in a 1st and goal at the 5. The next play will go down in Clemson lore as Parker calmly sat in the pocket and waited for an opening in the zone, their was none, so parker dumped the ball to Juco transer wide receiver Douglas who caught the ball at the 2 and fought his way through two defenders to score the game winning touchdown with eight seconds remaining. 38-37 Clemson.

Key Clemson Players
    Parker 23 of 30 for 383 yards, 4TD, 2INT
    Harper 24 att, 125 yards, 5.2YPC,
    Douglas 6cth, 100 yards, 1 TD

2. jfosh

jfosh Super

I saw you were down 37-31.....waiting for details.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

If anyone knows how to post videos, I have the Flea Flicker and game winning touchdowns saved.

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

post the links to easports world.

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Yeah Cole load that Flea-Flicker if you can. I called upon my inner Spurrier for that one. :D Good game man.