Clemson wins the Division

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Colemanchu, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Clemson wins the Division

The Tigers overcome an injury to their all american quarterback and a 4 turnover differential to clinch their spot in the ACC Championship game. More to come at a later time, but this one went down to the very last play!

2. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Game Statistics
    Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Clemson​
    FSU​
    Score
    27​
    24​
    First Downs
    18​
    11​
    Total Offense
    349​
    303​
    Rushes-Yards-TD
    32-141-3​
    33-123-1​
    Comp-Att-TD
    19-27-0​
    13-17-2​
    Passing Yards
    208​
    180​
    3rd Down Conv
    6-10(60)​
    4-11(36)​
    Turnovers
    4​
    0​

The Clemson Tigers traveled to Doak Walker Stadium looking to defend their division crown against #4 Florida St. With the loss to #1 Georgia Tech, and the opportunities they left on the field, fresh on their minds the Clemson D showed up to play.

Early in the game the offense struggled as All American senior quarter Kyle Parker threw two pics in the first quarter and the offense failed to convert a first down. Luckily the defense stepped up big inside the red zone holding the Seminoles to a field goal inside their own 10 yard line. The momentum would soon come to an end as Parker was knocked out by a ferocious hit. This would only add to the list of injuries that Clemson had to deal with as every single one of their playmakers on offense would be religated to the sidelines.

Going into the game the media had said this game was Kyle Parker vs. FSU. So as the team stared down a game with a redshirt freshman quarterback and two freshman halfbacks it didnt look good. It would end up being a god send though as Clemson NEEDED to rely on their unproven backs and started to pound the rock and take control of the game. The young quarterback Jones would show up as well going 11-15 for 101 yards and no interceptions. The freshman backs would combine for 23 carries for 142 and 3 touchdowns putting the team in position to win.

The game came down to the 4th quarter with Clemson leading 20-12. Kyle Parker would return to the game but continue to turn the ball over. A fumble and interception would lead to two FSU touchdowns, though they would fail on both two point conversions. Coach Colemanchu was caught on camera slapping the shit out of Parker on the sideline just prior to Clemsons four minute drive down the field to take the lead 27-24.

FSu would have one more chance though and with less than a minute left EJ Manuel would drive the Noles down the field. With 7 seconds left had the ball at the Clemson 41. Needing only a few yards to set up a field goal Clemson came out with a short cover 2 looking to bat the ball down and force a hail marry. Manuel would evade the rush and roll left though spotting an open receiver deep inside the free safety in zone. The throw was perfect, but super soph free safety Love would go up with the receiver and take him down at the one to seal the win.
    Coach Colemanchu after the game "when I saw the throw I thought we had lost, when i saw him tackled I thought we had tied, when I saw zeros on the clock....
    Georgia Tech

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Damn Clemson players need some milk lol. Good win

4. jfosh

jfosh Super

Clemson can avenge their one loss. Sounded like a great game.