Cleveland Indians | MLB 2K11 Franchise

Discussion in 'NBA 2K' started by JFace907, Mar 16, 2011.

1. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Cleveland Indians Franchise
    [​IMG]
    MLB 2k11
    Season Length: 162 Games​
    Difficulty: All Star​
    Innings: 9​
    Games Played: I will be playing 5 series a month​
    Series Being Played:
    April: CWS, BOS, @SEA, @LAA, @MIN​
    May: @OAK, TB, CIN, BOS, @TOR​
    June: TEX, @NYY, COL, @SF, @ARI​
    July: @CIN, @BAL, @MIN, @BAL, CWS​
    August: @BOS, @TEX, MIN, @DET, OAK​
    September: @KC, @CWS, @TEX, MIN, DET​

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Tribe Turn Back Clock in Goodyear
    [​IMG]

Goodyear, AZ: In an effort to bring back the glory days the Tribe have brought in former manager Mike Hargrove and long time fan favorite Kenny Lofton as special advisors for the young squad. Hargrove managed the Tribe to multiple division titles and 2 World Series appearances. Kenny Lofton was on one of those World Series teams (1995) and many of the AL Central champion teams. Current manager Manny Acta felt having his team hear from folks who were successful in Cleveland would go a long way in helping mature his young team.

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Tribe Open Up Spring Catering to Fans
    [​IMG]

Goodyear, AZ: Spring Training is one of the best times to be a baseball fan if you find yourself in the state of Florida or Arizona. Players are generally in good spirits, excited to start the season and most are in warmer weather than where they came from. The Cleveland Indians have definitely caught the Spring fever rewarding all those who showed up to Goodyear Ballpark signing autographs and taking pictures. All the fans were excited and we caught up with one of them who shared one of those pics with us (above). "This is great, i got to take a picture with one my favorite players. This is the closest I've ever been to any of my favorite teams. Granted i lived in Alaska for 14 years before this, but it was still sweet to catch my first game here in AZ and get as close to the team as i did." The Tribe have always had a solid fanbase and they hope to reward that fanbase with a successful season and maybe even a playoff birth.

4. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Following. Thats a ton of games to play! May want to tweak the injury slider as well, it is ridiculous

5. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Spring Training Off To Rough Start
    [​IMG]
    Goodyear, AZ: The Cleveland Indians opened up camp in Goodyear with their complex compadre the Cincinnati Reds. In the first fight to determine who the better team in Goodyear was. The Reds came out swinging scoring a knockout early pushing across 6 of their 12 runs in the first 3 innings. Second year pitcher Aroldis Chapman was throwing fireballs and Indians hitters, consistently reaching 105 MPH on the radar gun. "I haven't seen a fast ball like that. Ever." Grady Sizemore said after the game. "It was out of his hand and on top of me before i could even react." Manager Dusty Baker was very impressed with the his young Cuban stud. "Great stuff today, he made some really good professionals look like little leaguers out there."

6. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

HAH i bet no one here realizes that is you in that pic.

following (y)

7. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Lol i know right? I took that pic of Kenny too. Freakin JUST missed a picture with Hargrove. That would have been my dream come true right there.

8. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

20 hits! OUCH

9. Bulldog

So is this game good JJ?

OR is it just like all others with minor tweaks?

Is it worth buying if you are a baseball fan?

10. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Nightmare in Scottsdale
    Picture 9.png

Scottsdale, AZ: The Cleveland Indians took their lumps against the Rockies out at Salt River Fields at Talking Sticks giving up big inning after big inning. Fausto Carmona started the game going 4 innings and only giving up 2 runs. After that it was all downhill. Aaron Schmidt came in giving up 7 earned runs in only an inning and a third. The Indians had a big inning of their own scoring 5 in the top of the 9th but it was way too little, way too late. Manager Manny Acta may not have difficult decisions to make regarding his bullpen if they keep playing as poorly as they are. Granted Schmidt and Hermann won't be starting the season with the big club, an impressive showing would help their chances of at least getting an early season call up if the Tribe have to battle any injuries.

11. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

Anxiously awaiting the answer to this as well.

12. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I'm having a lot of fun with it. Its a lot smoother gameplay than has been in years past. The commentary is prolly the best team work i've seen in a video game. Thorne, Phillips, and Kruk do a great job feeding off one another. If you are a baseball fan with only a 360, its finally worth buying.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bulldog

right on ill think about picking it up then (y)

14. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Rough Spring Continues For Tribe
    DBacks.png Cubs.png
    Ms.png Halos.png Pads.png

Goodyear, AZ: Manny Acta isn't having the spring he envisioned his club having in his second year as the Tribe's manager. The team is currently 6-10 and has lost 5 of their last 6 games. "We're just not pitching," Acta said after Sunday's game against San Diego. "We've got talent on this team, and they just aren't hitting their spots and making the pitches we need them to make." The Indians are now in the stretch run of Spring Training with only 1 day off the rest of the way. "These 3 weeks will decide everything. I'm gonna have to make some tough decisions with this roster and someone better step up and make it easier for them and for me."

15. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Note: I have yet to win a game i've played. I will experiment with sliders because i just can't seem to pitch or hit. The games i've played were the single game posts and the Padres game in this last post.

16. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Tribe Break Camp
    *Note=Never won a user controlled game in spring lol

Cleveland, OH: The Cleveland Indians have departed Goodyear and are back in Cleveland ready to open the season against the White Sox on Friday, April 1st. Here's a look at the roster they will be opening the season with.

Starting Rotation:
    Fausto Carmona (RHP)
    Justin Masterson (RHP)
    Mitch Talbot (RHP)
    Carlos Carrasco (RHP)
    Josh Tomlin (RHP)

Bullpen
    MR Tony Sipp (LHP)

MR Jensen Lewis (RHP)
    MR Chad Durbin (RHP)
    SU Joe Smith (RHP)
    SU Rafael Perez (LHP)
    CL Carlos Perez (RHP)

Starting Lineup
    CF Grady Sizemore (L)
    SS Asdrubal Cabrera (S)
    RF Shin-Soo Choo (L)
    C Carlos Santana (S)
    DH Travis Hafner (L)
    2B Orlando Cabrera (R)
    1B Matt LaPorta (R)
    3B Jack Hannahan (L)
    LF Michael Brantlet (L)

Bench
    1B Nick Johnson
    OF Trevor Crowe
    OF Austin Kearns
    C Lou Marson
    UTIL Adam Everett

17. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Swept At Home

Picture 6.png Picture 6.png
    Picture 8.png

Cleveland, OH: The Cleveland Indians opened the season in a rather disappointing fashion getting swept by the Chicago White Sox. The third and final game was the most heartbreaking as the Tribe once had a 5 run lead before watching it disappear. They would eventually tie the game back up and send it to extras before falling 10-9 in 11 innings. Horrible pitching and defense was the story of the series with the Tribe averaging a little over 1 error and almost 8 runs allowed a game. "We gotta play better. Its just that simple," Manager Manny Acta said after the series finale on Sunday. "You gotta pitch and be able to field the ball. Those things together will get you wins more often than not. Just look at the Giants last season."
    The defeats were one thing, but it wasn't the biggest downfall of the set. The Tribe lost start first baseman Matt LaPorta for what is expected to be at least a month with a hip injury he suffered trying to field a ground ball in which he dove for. Nick Johnson and Austin Kearns will platoon at first while LaPorta heals. With LaPorta on the DL it gave the Tribe the chance to call up long relieve/spot starter Jenmar Gomez who saw a little bit of action in the series.
    The Tribe will stay in Cleveland welcoming in the Boston Red Sox for a three game set. "Things just don't get any easier, but this is only gonna make us tougher. Sometimes i enjoy having a difficult early season schedule, shows you what your team is made of early on."

Attached Files:

18. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Absolute Heartbreaker
    Picture 9.png
    Cleveland, OH: The Tribe could smell it. Eight outs away from not only their first win, but a blowout win against a top tier team. That is when the wheels fell off. The Cleveland bullpen blew what was a great start by rookie Carlos Carrasco who went 6 1/3 INN, 3 R (1 ER), and 8Ks. Joe Smith would give up a 3-run bomb to Carl Crawford to bring the game within one. After that Manny Acta had seen enough and went to his closer in a 1 run gave for the 2 inning save. However, the Red Sox other offseason acquisition Adrian Gonzalez had a different idea blasting a solo shot to tie the game. Kevin Youkilis would then put his team ahead and seal the fate of the Tribe. "Its disappointing," Acta said after the game. "The kid threw one helluva game and our pen can't finish it for him. Just a shame." The Indians must shake this off and try again tomorrow when Josh Tomlin toes the rubber for the Tribe. He will be facing John Lackey who is looking to have a bounce back year after his debut season with the Red Sox.​
    Picture 10.png