Climb the Ladder Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by astealthyhippo, Jan 19, 2010.

1. astealthyhippo

astealthyhippo happy painting and god bless

Climb the Ladder Power Rankings

Power Rankings Before Season 2 Bowls

***NOTE*** - This was done for fun to encourage participation and bullshitting. I did all of this based off my knowledge of the dynasty and without any stats in front of me, so I might be off on some stuff. I'll probably look to continue this as we go on in the dynasty, possibly doing this in the pre-season then every few weeks during the season. Anyway, Enjoy.

1. #3 Maryland 12-0 - Has not lost a game yet in 2 seasons. Defending National Champ. Has tough ACC championship game vs UNC, then could possibly face Texas A&M in the National Championship.

2. #1 Texas A&M 12-0 - The Aggies have been on a roll since an early season 1 beatdown at the hands of Oklahoma State. Dru must face a Nebraska team that defeated a drunk Dakota in order to reach the National Championship game.

3. #2 UNC 12-0 - In his 1st season as head coach, Eagles has UNC on track for the National Championship game. Can he get past Maryland and Whygod's tough triple option attack?

4. #5 Iowa 10-1 - I'll tell you one thing, Emmdot has been feeding them fellers corn year round. He has a stout defense and a very controlled, effective offense. Top that off with good recruiting classes, and Emmdot has Iowa going in the right direction.

5. #9 Colorado 10-1 - Why, why, why? This is the question Dakota has to be asking himself after a heartbreaking 1 point loss to Nebraska that will keep him out of the Big 12 title game. No worries though, Colorado will get a BCS bid.

6. #7 Ole Miss 10-2 - Ole Miss is chugging along. Earlier in the season Twist had a string of about 4 games that were each decided by a FG. He is hitting his stride at the right point though after 2 straight shutout victories, 48-0 and 30-0.

7. #8 USF 10-2 - New this season as well, Scarecrow has led the Bulls to the Big East Championship and are likely to go to the Orange Bowl. Scarecrow coached the Bulls to tough user wins against Minnesota and conference foe Syracuse. The future looks bright with the hot-spot Florida recruiting and QB B.J. Daniels leading the way.

8. #13 Stanford 10-2 - Beazus has Stanford sitting pretty heading into bowl season after losing many key contributors, including RB Toby Gerhart. He consistently takes out the CPU teams with ease, but grabbing a big time user win would push him and the Standord Cardinal over the hump and into Climbing the Ladder elite status.

9. #12 South Carolina 9-2 - South Carolina game results have been kept on the DL, so not too much is known about the South Carolina gameplan, other than their playbooks. None the less, Gwill has a huge user match up vs Dakota which could catapult the Gamecocks into the top 10.

10. #25 Minnesota 8-4 - Hippo lost a ton of players on defense, and it shows Minnesota has given up a ton of points in the last 5 games. The season is not lost completely, but it is very disappointing after a promising 7-0 start to go 1-4 to finish the season. SO QB MarQueis Gray has been known to save Hippo's ass on more than one occasion.

11. #24 Washington 7-5 - Emit has only had control of the Huskies for two games, over which he is 1-1. Way too early to judge or assess the team. He will be heading to a bowl game though and looks to add some good talent in the off-season.

12. Syracuse 2-10 - Bondzai had by far the worst starting team of anybody. Add to that he only had something like 8 schollys to offer last season, and that handicapped him even further. While it allowed him to focus large chunks of time on players, he probably needed a few more available to get a new wave of talent to replace the shit he was given to start with. The future looks bright with his FR QB (forget his name) and newly found dominant RB (forgot that one too). Look for Bondzai to lead the Orange to a bowl next season.

2. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I love it.........the mountains were blue......THAT'S WHY!!!!!!!!!

3. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Great stuff hippo!!!

4. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

Awesome stuff, really well done hippo.

5. astealthyhippo

hahahaha....hilarious

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Walk On

Good call on the power rankings.

Mr. Frieske... if I don't get a shot at your corneating team this bowl season, USF is going to come knocking next year brother! Come to Tampa in 2011 and we can bill it as the "WAR ON THE SHORE!" You better not try to duck me either... I WANT IOWA!

[​IMG]

7. Beazus Christ

Beazus Christ Resident Smut Peddler

We need a home game against a user! But yeah, our user record leaves something to be desired BUT I think we played the two teams who will be in the NC game so I'm not too mad at losing to them on the road.

8. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Results havent been posted so I can get everyone to sleep on us, and then we explode on to the scene. Kinda like you think you know, but you have no idea:D

I will be posting results from now on starting w/Conference Championship.

9. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

You know I want USF.

BJ can give me an RJ

(y)

10. gwill

gwill Sierra, Hotel, India, Echo, Lima, Delta

Also, since this seems to be the call-out place, South Carolina wants to avenge this year's loss to Colorado next year.

11. dakota7

gwill......you got it buddy

12. dakota7

absolutely.......I think that's only fair

13. Emit Remmus

Emit Remmus Guest

Don't mean to be a stickler, but I am 2-1 with Washington,

love the power rankings!!

14. astealthyhippo

I thought I might have been off on that one :D

<<< Interested in seeing Hulk Hogan and USF take on Iowa. Hope that one works out for next year.