Close: Not Good Enough in Chapel Hill

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Blaza, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

After week 4 of the 2011 season The North Carolina Tarheels were 2-2 and in a state of turmoil after Coach BlyGilmore inexplicably "Pulled a Petrino" and abandoned his post midseason. The UNC Athletic Director was left scrambling to fill the job of Head Man before agreeing to terms with Coach Blaza, a young coach who had garnered tremendous accolades as a Defensive Backs coach at South Carolina.

The first few weeks on the job have been anything but accomodating for Coach Blaza as has received quite and unfriendly welcome from the rest of Tradition 1. After getting blown out by Georgia Tech, and losing a heartbreaker in the final seconds of their ACC clash with the Maryland Terps, Coach Blaza is left answering questions after another loss to Colemanchu and the Clemson Tigers. After leading by as much as 10 in the 4th quarter, the Heels were overcome 38-37 in the waning moments. This leaves the Tarheels at 2-5 at the apex of the season.

"It's not ok, and to be honest I'm not real happy right now,"
    Coach Blaza was quoted in the post-game presser. "I tip my hat to Coach Cole and the Tigers, but by God THEY ARE WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! If you wanna crown them well go ahead and crown their ass then, but we feel in our hearts that the better team lost on this night."

The Heels won the turnover battle picking off Kyle Parker once and losing no turnovers themselves. UNC Senior QB Greg Paulus found a rhythm tossing for 18-20 239 yards with a TD and no interceptions. But they also failed to capitilize by letting the Tigers scoop up 3 offensive fumbles. They 4th quarter was critical after Colemanchu went no-huddle for the last several minutes of the game. The Tarheel D saw it's bend don't break strategy trashed as the Tigers found a hole and found their slot receiver on long drags over and over and over in the final period.

Coach Blaza was disappointed in the way his team stepped up to the challenge this week in a must win ACC tussle. By taking over the team so abruptly, the Gifted Football Mind knew he was already behind the 8-ball. But after 3 weeks, Coach Blaza appeared more upbeat around campus, confident that he'd had enough time to preach several tenants of his philosophy to his new squad.

"I felt real good about our install this week. We felt like we had a good gameplan and found some guys who want to play for us."

Coach Blaza made headlines early in the week by benching Sophomore Super Sensation RB (97 spd) Clancy in favor of the Doolie SR RB (98 BTK/88 SPD) Ryan Houston.

"Ryan is the better back for our team at this time. I love Clancy to death but he was walking around this campus like he'd made it and like we didnt' still have work to do around here. I want the guys that give a damn about this Blue and White, not guys who think they've made it already. Last I checked, Reggie Bush plays for the Saints, not us."

Clancy, while an undeniable athletic talent has found himself in the coaches doghouse after putting the ball on the turf 3 times in the last 2 games. Clancy did not help his case this game, getting knocked out of the game in the 2nd quarter.

"Again, Clancy is a great kid and football player, but I've smacked hoes harder than he got hit out there tonight. And he's out for the game? Part of that comes from skipping weightlifting sessions and making out with co-eds after practice. When Clancy wants to get his head out of his bum, he will be a great player for this program. Until then he is just another bottle of potential who has a chance to be great"

At 2-5, the Tarheels have little room for error if they have aspirations of sniffing even the most trivial of bowl games.

"You're damn right it's unacceptable", Coach Blaza fumed. "I didn't come here to get embarassed like that and I damn sure didn't come here to have 5 losses in the loss column. Do you know how much ass I was getting on the streets of Carolina before this? I'm not out here to waste my time, I'm here to win championships. I'll continue to make changes all over the field until we find some guys around here that want to win. One way or another, we'll get this ship headed in the right direction."

2. MRamirez

MRamirez Go Devils!

There is always Basketball season in Carolina!

3. jfosh

jfosh Super

0-3 @ UNC..... trouble brewing there. This was a Top 10 team to start the season now were talking bowl eligible?

4. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

The good news is you are much better than Bly. I got lucky in the end, you win that game most nights.

5. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I wont have to worry about the recruits running to UNC...

6. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

Surprisingly, I've held firm on a few key guys on the my board. I did a lot of adding and dropping in my first week. After getting time to take a look at my full squad, I'm a bit more pleased than I was at first. There are a few guys I really like on this team so far.

My recruiting will suffer, but I'll just have to make sure I hit singles with the guys I really feel I can get and hope for a HR with a big name or two.