Closed

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by LeatherHelmets, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

2. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Looks ok cept lowering the CPU QB accuracy, If we are going to do that lets up the cpu WR catching or something....we are blowing the cpu out bad in most games

3. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    I disagree with a lot of this. And I'm not sure why you're lowering the gameplay speed but that could have an effect on my thoughts to the slider changes.

The CPU shouldn't be getting anything lowered and should be getting a lot of things raised, imo. Going by how my team's ratings compared to my opponents, I should only have 1 win...maybe 2 by the end of the season. However, I've already got 5 and could reach up to 8 so the CPU has been too easy. And this has been the case for just about everyone.

So yeah, I would raise most CPU offensive sliders. For the user offense, I've felt that the passing game has been good and wouldn't change any of those. The running game should be more difficult though and I do agree with your changes for that.

For defense, I think CPU pass defense, rush defense, and tackling should be raised. And then I'd probably lower user pass defense and tackling.

Then I was thinking about suggesting raising the speed threshold back up to 35. At 30, it made the gameplay more wide open but I think it made it easier to elude the CPU defense as well.

4. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Just to get the discussion going....by no means are these settings a done deal...

The major change is on the game play speed and threshold....from what I have read, not based on actual use...when those two are set at "0" you get the real difference in speeds between players as well as their own performance....a slow player is slow...

So by having the outcome of those two settings being that, if true, then aren't we impacting both the cpu/user sides.

We need to make the game more difficult..think we all in agreement there......easier for cpu, harder for user...adjustments by 5...

5. HAL9100

HAL9100 TSO's Resident Antagonist

Featured Threads:
    The problem though is that we play at least 2/3 of our games against the CPU and that change puts the CPU at a disadvantage. Users can read the field and set the CPU up to take bad pursuit angles. The CPU can't do that to us. To me, that means that if we're matched up against a slower CPU defender, then we'll win that battle the majority of the time...even if the defender is much higher rated. The faster guy will nearly always win. Unfortunately, speed is such a crucial rating in EA's football games that to make it accurate can actually make it exploitative.

Now, I could see going that way if the rest of the sliders were setup in a way to support the CPU defense but I don't think we've got that yet.

6. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

Yea i did not notice the game speed being turned to slow...i like what we have now

7. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Thought maybe you had missed that in the first look!

8. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

9. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

Games are gonna be longer!?

10. Fred Limbo

Fred Limbo MVP

looks better

11. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

No change in game length...7 min qtrs.

12. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

I cant see the adjustments or anything on my phone...just get a blank white screen.

13. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

14. Fight'n Hokie

Fight'n Hokie Walk On

Email is in my signature. Lol

15. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

posted a link for you to try in last msg.

16. LeatherHelmets

LeatherHelmets Walk On

Updated L1 Adjustments rule added

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.