Closing the Book on '12

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by PAgamer07, Jun 27, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Thought I would take a look at memorable moments (both good and bad) from NCAA'12.

Have a favorite play? A favorite game? A game that sucked? What other memories do you have from NCAA '12?

Here is a look at the guys who made the Hall of Fame last year. Wonder who we can add to this list in NCAA '13?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. PAgamer07

A look at Zac's awesome QB at UCF

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. PAgamer07

• Like Like x 1
  4. PAgamer07

I had a lot of good memories from '12. One of the most memorable for me was a beatdown of AJ Hart MN and his Louisville squad. I had been 0 fer a million against AJ, and this game everything clicked. I can't remember the score, but it was a blowout.

Also remember one of the last games of the cycle was in Death Valley against TEClemson53 It was a great game that came down to the wire. Think he even broadcast it. I honestly don't remember who won that one except it was a great game.

And finally... every game against JohnnyClutch It seemed like every year there at the end it was Penn State vs Nebraska for the B1G championship. Some awesome games. That 3-4 defense gave me fits!

5. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

"J-Train"

• Like Like x 2
  6. Matrix Monkey

Matrix Monkey Walk On

7. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I believe almost every game against PA was decided towards the end of the fourth quarter or in overtime. A great rivalry that always provided heart pounding action.

My best game would have to be when Nebraska went up against AJ and #1 Michigan. Michigan was flat out dominating teams that year and some members said that team was the most dominating team the Redshirts has seen in a while. It was fun to go in there and defeat the number one team in the country.

My worst game would have to be the BCS Championship game against SBN. My team just played horrible. Dropped passes, no blocking, defenders just stopping on plays. Was a real bad showing and always wished I could of provided Nachos with a better challenge.

8. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

Have a favorite play?
    it gave me a raging hard on everytime linebackers would speed skate across the field for INT's.... (y)

A favorite game?
    All of my "jump balls" against Screwthebcs :doodie:

A game that sucked?
    every single user game after the 2015 or 2016 season, can't remember what season I ended my winning streak & fell off a cliff . Matrix Monkey , that one probably ate at me the most because he threw about 6-7 interceptions and I couldn't do jack shit on offense and still pissed the game away late in the 4th quarter.

What other memories do you have from NCAA '12?
    I had fun at Tulsa. Depending on how long we all stick around and stick together, it would be fun to take a bunch've rebuilders for 1 of the release cycles. Last year just sucked because we were all strung out across the country & there weren't many recruiting battles or conference battles the first few seasons. Maybe the Big 12 had fun because they all started at there alma mater but if we were all stuck 2-3 conferences full of rebuilders, I think it has potential.

Wonder who we can add to this list in NCAA '13?
    Who are you kidding...Marcus Lattimore will have 5,000 yards the first season...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  9. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

ya, i thought u were cheesin hard, u just got lucky on a lot of those catches. not this year my friend. not with the new catch animations.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

yea it was luck lol.......thats why I was like "Why is this guy so MAD at me? .....

I like the new catch animation, maybe the CPU won't bullshit on 3rd and 95's and throw one up and the 1 receiver gets it over 2 corners & a safety

11. PAgamer07

Hahaha. Yes, your kicker was awesome. But those 2 backs you had were pretty good too

12. PAgamer07

Yeah I think all of our games were like 3-3 at the half because we play so close to the vest. But the 2nd half was crazy in each game. Didn't we have a 3 OT game??

13. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

i saw a GORGEOUS animation where a threw a curl in the endzone as Oregon and the WR had it in his hands only to have the USC safety get there just after he caught it to knock it away. it literally looked something like this:
    [​IMG]

14. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

Favorite Play: Every time Ryan Parks would touch the ball something crazy always seemed to happen.

Favorite Game: My game against PAgamer07 in Happy Valley during Ryan Parks freshman season and Parks fumbled on the 3 yard line down 7 with less than a minute to play.

Memories from NCAA '12: Played some great games against Trey while we were in the C-USA and I also think it would be cool to start at rebuilder schools/smaller schools and build them up.

Wonder who will make it NCAA 13?: Keenan Allen(y) but Lattimore is a lock to be in.

15. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

A lot is made about me whining about ryalaman but i think every one of our games came down to the wire. we both always would claw our way back into it and the game was always within 1 score.

My best (worst) memory is in one of our games it was something like 28-30 ryal with like 30 seconds left. it was a 3rd down and ryal had 2 TOs left. i ran a run hoping to get a first down, knee it a couple times then kick a game winning FG...but, instead of the first down i scored. so ryal got to my 50 using timeouts and chucked a hail mary and won on the chuck and pray in the back of the endzone with his WR toe-tapping to score. almost broke my controller.

16. PAgamer07

Fumbler of the year!! That was an epic game. You'd never played in Happy Valley and said "this is a legit ass stadium " haha

• Like Like x 1
  17. PAgamer07

Lol. I remember that one. I think he found every way to beat you.

18. TEClemson53

TEClemson53 Walk On

19. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

20. maverickfp

maverickfp Walk On

21. SuperBowlNachos

SuperBowlNachos Walk On

Have a favorite play?
    I forgot what year it was, one of the last few seasons. sonn was up 0-13 on me for most of the game. I finally got on the board midway through the 4th to make it 7-13. I got the ball back and with under 10 seconds left I hit a wide open WR in the endzone FTW. Ended up winning it all that year against Nebraska.

A favorite game?
    Beating sonn on a last second field goal, then the next year a last second touchdown. The double OT game I had against AJ Hart MN when he was at UL.

A game that sucked?
    Losing to CPU Texas A&M in 2011. I went from Big XII champs and BCS Bowl to 4th place and the Alamo Bowl.
    2016 losing to fucking 0-4 Kansas State. Still ended up beating Matrix and DNF, but missed out on the NC.

What other memories do you have from NCAA '12?
    Finally winning my first National Championship. The multiple Heisman winners I ended up having. My failed experiment trying to run the option.

Marcus Lattimore. I am hoping for a bug that causes guys not to want to even consider entering the draft so that he stays for his senior year :D

• Like Like x 1
  22. JohnnyClutch

Yeah it was on a Sunday before football games came on. I believe your TE caught the game winning TD in the 3rd overtime at around 12:57pm.

• Like Like x 1
  23. JohnnyClutch

Barry Sanders Jr. going for 2,629 yards and 38 rushing TD as a redshirt freshman.

24. PAgamer07

[​IMG]

25. ZCar352

ZCar352 Keep Pounding...Go Panthers!!!

[​IMG]