Closing Tourney Summaries

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by Cheez, May 22, 2012.

1. Cheez

Cheez TSO's 1,000,000th Poster

Post em up!

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

#8 [​IMG][​IMG] #1
    The inaugural AM Tournament began with rivals Arkansas and Texas facing off in Austin. Texas jumped out to a 14-0 lead with a 45 yard TD pass to Goodwin and a 7 yard run by Brown. Arkansas would get on the board in the second quarter after not doing much on offense in the first. HB Davis took it in from 4 yards out on an 11 play drive. Then they used up the final 5:26 of the half to score a FG, making it 14-10.​
    After both teams got a feel for each other, the scoring took off. First play of the second half was a QB Wilson bomb placed perfectly into the hands of WR Childs for a 77 yard score. Goodwin didn't take long to respond. He took the kickoff prior to the house for his second TD of the day. Coach Boom then went strictly to the pass, going 5 straight times in the air. That set up a HB Davis draw he took it 26 yards for a score. A QB Floyd interception on 3rd down would set up an easy Arkansas TD by Davis. The Longhorns used a 50 yard run by Brown to get another TD in before the 4th. The score was now 31-28 Ark.​
    Floyd appeared to be taking UT in for a game leading or tying score in the 4th, but threw a pass late that was picked and scored on. The Longhorns needed a big play, and got just that. Hales took a little 5 yard completion, broke one tackle and got a block and was off to the races on a 62 yard score. Still down by 3, the defense needed to step up, and did just that. CB Zapata picked off a Wilson pass and took that back 80 yards for the lead. Another pick made by MLB Acho sealed the win for UT.​
    Good game Boom29
    #1 Texas 48 - #8 Arkansas 38​

3. MaxATX34

MaxATX34 Texas Football

[​IMG][​IMG]

In an instant-classic, LSU takes out TAMU @ Kyle field to continue in the tournament. This one started out slowly, looking like a real SEC battle but things loosened up late. It took a methodical drive chock-full of clutch 3rd down conversions for LSU to maintain their lead as AM was surging late. With a 7 point lead, the Tigers ate up as much clock as possible before booting in a FG to take a 10-point lead with under 2:00 left. AM would storm down the field, but an INT in the endzone would finally seal this nail-biter. gg Wyrmreaver

LSU's QB went 13-20 for 222yd and 4TD taking player of the game honors.

4. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Yeah it was a really good game. Next time we play I'll try not to spot you a 17 point lead, that didn't make the comeback bid any easier!

• Like Like x 1
  5. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

[​IMG][​IMG]

The Tide survive a late hail marry pass attempt and walk out of the Farm with a 43-35 win over Cheez and his Stanford Cardinal. Bama is just slightly better than my UCLA teams of old so I must of had a little extra confidence, snapping the Stanford curse (personal curse that is). Fun game, a late pick opened it up for the Tide but Luck and Cardinal came right back. Good tourney type game for sure!

6. Cheez

great game, zach

I want to know how Luck threw so far behind the guy on the pick. He had been throwing great, then, THAT

7. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yep that was a big play...Hell of an onside kick too. I thought you had that one for a minute. That would have been huge!

8. Cheez

My screen was going crazy there for a second, I didnt know what happened at the time.

I guess your guy recovered it, but I big hit him and forced a fumble. Meaning had I had the ball, I would have been able to return it rather than the play being dead. Would have been absolutely insane.

9. recchem2000

recchem2000 UCLA > WSU

Yep, I had it, your big hit made my guy fumble but luckily I recovered. Still a hell of an ending. I thought you might get Lucky with the bomb at the end there.

10. Cheez

nice pun there

• Like Like x 1
  11. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ¿Te quieres naranjas?

In recs and my game, I won by default. In our first game, it was tied 10-10 late in the third in a defensive battle when we got disconnected. We decided to play a winner take all quarter. I scored first after getting an interception. Then on 4th down on recs drive, we got disconnected again. So we decided that I'll take the win. GG recchem2000