Clowns' Idea in After Midnight

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, May 22, 2012.

1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

• Like Like x 1
  2. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

Without reading the thread I think a 1 conference setup is an assload of user games that'd be a nightmare to schedule and would force us to move too slowly.

3. edge7771

edge7771 Walk On

Ya I agree with Jello on this I think 2 conferences is good.

4. Masler

Masler Moderator

I'm against single conference. I've tried it before and didn't like it due to someone will always be stuck with a team they don't want. And yes, scheduling is a nightmare.

5. GoGators

But you've never tried it with 16 teams, only 12. I would agree a 12 team single conference dynasty would be terrible. However, I think a 16 team setup has a lot of potential.

I don't think there'd be that many more user games to be honest.

User Games in 2 Conference Setup
    2 in division
    1-3 cross division
    1 Out of Conference
    CCG potentially
    Bowl Game Matchups

That's 4-8 user games every season potentially in a 2 conference setup.

16 team 1 conference Setup
    5 in division (assuming you play everyone in your division and that's 7 games, you only play 9 in conference)
    0-2 cross division (there's only 9 conference games so the max possible is 2 and could be zero)
    0 out of conference (no users to play)
    CCG potentially (for only 2 teams)
    0 Bowl games

That's 5-8 user games every season in a 1 conference setup. Pretty much the exact same as in a 2 conference setup. Except in a one conference setup there's no scheduling mess because it's a conference schedule so you don't have to deal with the issues of the ACC and SEC or Big 12 schedules not lining up since you can't edit conference schedules.

Additionally it gets rid of the issue of the CPU being competitive because all the user competition is in one conference and therefore the OOC CPU teams would hold their own and definitely keep recruiting tough.

I LOVE THIS IDEA!!!

If you don't that's fine, but give better reasons than user games because I don't think that reason holds up.

6. GoGators

If we used open teams in the SEC and added 2 ACC teams like FSU and Miami/Clemson/Georgia Tech I'm pretty sure everyone would find someone they liked.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

Could we add all 4 of those teams and drop Vanderbilt Kentucky or?

8. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I think that reason holds up just fine with the reasoning I gave a while ago in another thread.

9. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

Right. I play in an all B1G in like NCAA '10 with HovaTheGodMC and it was very difficult to fill teams like Minnesota or Indiana because you simply had to get someone who was a diehard fan and there just aren't many on this site. I could see Vandy being left open or Kansas/KSU

11. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

Worse than madden?

12. Masler

Masler Moderator

Surprisingly yes. TMFL seems to have little to no issues. I know it sounds weird but I just can't explain it.

13. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    It's expectation.

We sim that shit in the TMFL.

14. Wyrmreaver

Wyrmreaver Ready for Madden 15 on Xbox One, lets get it on!

Cowards....... :p

Team selection is not the issue. 'Bama, LSU, Arkansas, TAMU, Ole Miss, Miss State, Tennessee, Mizzou, Florida, Georgia, S Carolina, Kentucky, Vandy, Auburn, Florida State, and your pick Miami/Clemson/Gatech

Assuming nobody wants Kentucky, Vandy, Ole Miss and Miss State you are left with 12 viable choices. SEC plays an 8 game conf schedule, you'd have 7 division games (5 users) and one cross division (usually a user) for 6 user games..... thats not excessive, but it does mean that you dont get 8 gimmes every year vs the cpu. Also concentrates your recruiting battles and keeps the rest of the nation more viable.

• Like Like x 1
  15. GoGators

The sound of reason!

Some people just don't like having to knock those 3 footers in for their pars. They prefer the gimmes! Haha.

• Like Like x 1
  16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Not me :) Remember i was the one who said my PREFERENCE was one but that was in no one's mindset

17. dakota7

I don't even know where to post an new idea about '13 anymore....we have so many damn threads.

What about using two conferences with ten teams each that play a round robin? Therefore leaving no CCG to be played, we'd each have 5 user games each season for certain, one more if we played an ooc user. Looks like the Big 12 is pretty popular anyway, judging by the results of masler's one conference mock. Just remove two teams from another conference, PAC 12 for example, and away we go.

18. dakota7

Sorry,I meant mock 3.0. Now that bill took a Big 12 team, either jello is going to or I will, meaning 6 of us took Big 12 teams.