Club Tuner

Discussion in 'Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Golf' started by grundlebug, Mar 31, 2011.

1. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

Just a disclaimer, but I haven't played TW in quite a few years, so I'm refamiliarizing myself with a lot of the features involved with this game.

When I turned on my Road to the Masters, the game notified me that I had not yet tuned my clubs. I then went to practice mode and I saw that I could adjust the power, accuracy, etc of my clubs by choosing different degrees of wedge and what not. Can anyone explain how tuning my clubs (ie the difference between 95% power and 80% power, etc) will effect my game? When I tested things out I noticed no difference.

Thanks.

2. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

You will see a much more profound affect once you get some intermediate-expert clubs. The biggest thing with swing tuner is being able to play with your setting until you get a sweetspot you are comfortable with. A bigger sweetspot makes your mis-hits a little more forgiving. Also, not to as much of an extent as last year, you change the spin and loft of your clubs which helps with controling the ball on the greens.....

3. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

i think the sweet spot gets smaller so if you mis hit a little it will go farther off line

4. grundlebug

grundlebug Walk On

ahhh, I see...thanks guys