Clubs In Your Bag

Discussion in 'Archive' started by BlyGilmore, Mar 29, 2012.

1. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

Just wondering what clubs each of you are using right now.

For me specifically, i'm wondering what folks are doing with their wedges and drivers.

Dunno - stock it seemed having four wedges was a bit overkill. i hardly ever used a couple of them.

and for the driver - 10.5? what are the pluses and minuses there?

btw right now i'm ...

10.5 Driver
    3W
    3W Hybrid, 5W Hybrid
    2I, 4I, 5I, 6I, 7I, 8I, 9I, PW
    56* wedge
    Putter

2. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

All Taylormade equipment (just like my bag IRL (y)) I made it as close to my real bag as I could get.

9degree R11
    3W R11
    2H
    4-9
    60, 56, 52 wedges
    Putter - Corza Ghost

3. StormJr

StormJr Walk On

Right now:

9.5 Driver
    3W
    3H, 5H
    2I, 4I, 6I, 8I, 9I, PW
    60, 56, 52
    Putter

But as I unlock equipment, I'm sure it will change. :D

4. stufat

stufat Walk On

is there a benefit to having a 3w and a 3w hybrid?

5. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

hybrids are more like irons than woods - a 3 wood has more distance compared to a 3hybrid. a 2hybrid and 7wood are probably identical though, distance wise.

6. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I would compare a 5W-2H and a 7W-3H based on most loft angles of the respective clubs.....

7. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

Here is my bag and the chart I used to figure it out, as of yesterday... I update it as my power stat increases.

In The Bag:
    7.0 Driver (Season Pass - Stiff Shaft)
    3W & 5W (Season Pass - Stiff Shaft)
    3H & 4H (Tour Pro Series - Regular Shaft)
    4I to 7I & 9I (Tour Pro Series - Regular Shaft)
    50, 56 & 62 (Tour Pro Series - Regular Shaft)

Here is the chart, with Full Gap being the difference in Stock Distance, and Adjusted Gap takes into account moving the ball all the way forward in your stance (Full Loft). Basically all I want to see is negative numbers in the Adjusted Gap category. There is more than one way to set up your bag using this concept, and also you can take into account delofting your clubs too. I prefer to not use the added delofting distance in the sheet, and I just know that it is available to help shape the shots on the course... Since I would rather the ball land softer than roll out after hitting the green in 90% or more of my shots.

I will finish wasting my time filling in all of the cells, once I get my stats settled... No point until then.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  8. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

7W, 3H and 1I are all about the same... Like Dub says, but the 5W is a bit longer than the 2H.

9. Vlad

Vlad Inaugural Masters Champion

Featured Threads:
    I'll add to this with a chart of my own about what's in the game in a bit

10. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Ok I've made (almost complete list of clubs and balls).
    Things I have not included :
    EA equipment,all the Masters Series,Pre-order clubs,Season tickets clubs etc
    I've also have not included :
    some of the smaller manufacturers except in cases whre their equipment is good (ex is Cobra Amp series)
    some of the major companies equipment if this particular stuff is not too good.

The 3rd column is what you need to unlock the clubs

11. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    On first look it seems to me TM RBZs are the winner across the board

12. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

I am using the Season Pass clubs on the front end, because they have 93 power... And the Tour Pro series because they have the highest accuracy for all other clubs. I also use a blade style putter, since it is easier to gauge how far you pull it back on Tournament settings.

13. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

I'm still using season ticket driver and putter, everyone thing else is Cobra. How did Cobra not make the BIG sponsor's list anyway?????? I'm biased, so no argument will be rational as to why they are not in the Big 5 or whatever.....

14. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    Dunno about the Season Pass,but as a general rule most of the 'made up' equipment is ugly as hell,so i rather not use it myself just to get extra 5-6 points

15. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

I haven't even created my guy's image yet, let alone worried about what my clubs look like, hehe... I am all about numbers and using the controller. I could care less about Game Face and that other image stuff :D

Plus I have an ugly mug anyways... Why would I want to look at it all night on the TV screen?

P.S. My Kermit the Frog green grips and neon green shafts are pretty cool though... They look like green light sabers, haha. They actually glow on the screen with a hazy green aura.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  16. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Carmillo Vargagas or however the hell you spell that mess used to until he bailed. Don't know of anyone else, that's not the point, I -- ME, thinks they should be top 5.

17. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    my point exactly ;)
    Apparentely Fowler just switched to them btw.But I'd also think it would've require a lot of code re-writing

18. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

Doesn't Rickie use Cobra products?

xyz beat me to it by half a second, I swear, haha

19. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

He did, damn forgot about Ian Poulter.....I know there's not many, but they still SHOULD be. Cause I said so (y)

20. Dub-ya

Dub-ya Walk On

Ha, just went to the Cobra website to see who they sponsor.....besides Fowler and Poulter don't know who any of the rest are. Mostly females. And whoever Blair O'neal is, she is hot as hell.....

21. SkinniePost

SkinniePost Walk On

I will have to look her up now, thanks Dub...

22. Vlad

Featured Threads:
    The only reason Ricky switched was brcause of all the $$ Puma gives him too
    Isn't that the girl from the Big Break? If so yeah she is both hot and nice (or at least was shown this way on reality show )

23. CapEm16

CapEm16 Walk On

Puma purchased Cobra Golf last year, essentially becoming Puma-Cobra Golf. Before that, Rickie only had a clothing arrangement in place with Puma, but I would guess his hand was kind of forced and now plays Cobra because of the companies rearrangement - or risk losing his Puma endorsement and all the advertising/$$$ that goes along with it.

24. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

Is there an explanation somewhere of what the clubs ratings mean? I figure higher the better but don't quite understand how they relate to one's overall rating?

25. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

the big one for me is the hybrids are a lot better in the rough than woods. a few times being able to pull out a 3H in the rough was the difference between still being able to recover for birdie/par versus having to settle for par/bogey.