Coach Batchelor- The Creation of a Legend

Discussion in 'NCAA Football' started by Dylan Batchelor, Aug 3, 2013.

1. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

Here is where I will be sharing my offline dynasty. I am going to try to become one of the best college football coaches of all time. Nobody usually starts at the top. You have to work your way up and climb the ladder to become the best. You must work hard and make sacrifices to become the best. My goal is to become the best.

Dylan Batchelor always dreamed about becoming a head coach in college football. From Grand Rapids, Michigan, he spent 5 years coaching the high school he graduated from, right after he graduated from the University of Michigan. Leading them to 4 state titles in that span brought up some offers, which led him to Grand Valley State University. His first season went very well, as the team finished with 11 wins, following up the next season with 12. The offers poured in from several different FCS programs and 5 FBS schools. The offers he received were from:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After thinking really hard over his choices, Batchelor decided to sign his first FBS head coach contract with......

The Western Michigan Broncos!
    [​IMG]
    Coach Batchelor at first press conference: "Well, it was a very hard decision, but I felt obligated to stay close to home and near my family. I grew up around here and I really know that this area will be a good launching spot for my career. I will hopefully do a good job here so I can stick around in this business. Right now, the main goal is to get a good recruiting class and build this team up. This first season shouldn't be bad. I have very good senior leadership in Dareyon Chance from the offensive side and Johnnie Simon from the defensive side of the ball. I am very happy with what I have been given. I'd like to thank Western Michigan for the opportunity that they have given me. Go Broncos!"

Coach Info/Philosophy:
    Coach:
    Dylan Batchelor
    Alma Mater: Michigan
    Specialty: Offense

Offense: Michigan
    Run/Pass: 50/50
    Playcall Aggressiveness: 55
    Offensive subs: 45

Defense: 4-3
    Run/Pass: 45/55
    Playcall Aggressiveness: 55
    Defensive subs: 45

[​IMG]
    Western Michigan holds an all-time record of 526-419-24. They are 0-5 in bowl games and have only won 2 conference championships; the last being in 1988. Their main rivals are Central Michigan and Eastern Michigan. Overall, they are 44-36-2 against Central Michigan and a 25-11-1 record against Eastern Michigan. Coach Batchelor said that one of his major goals was to bring some conference championships to Kalamazoo. Along with that, he said how badly he would like to win a bowl game for the first time in school history.

Coach Batchelor- “Hey, the schedule might look tough but I truly believe that this team is tough, too. I think we will compete for the conference championship. Our major goals for my first season are to sign a solid recruiting class, win our rivalry games, and to get to a bowl game. Again, I truly believe that this team is tough and has the heart to win. I’m definitely looking forward to coaching these young men.”

The 2013 schedule is as follows:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]Nicholls State[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The following players have been redshirted (ovr):
    • Junior QB Anthony Maddie (70)
    • Freshman QB Cameron Thomas (65)
    • Senior HB Tevin Drake (76)
    • Freshman HB Austin Guido (65)
    • Freshman HB Fabian Johnson (64)
    • Freshman WR Corey Davis (66)
    • Freshman WR Darius Phillips (65)
    • Junior TE Mario Rodriguez (68)
    • Freshman TE Ben Arnold (55)
    • Freshman LT Jackson Day (68)
    • Freshman LG Josh Bass (68)
    • Freshman LE Khairi Bailey (73)
    • Freshman DT Jamar Simpkins (67)
    • Freshman DT David Curle (65)
    • Freshman LOLB Edward Rolle (67)
    • Freshman MLB Caleb Bailey (70)
    • Freshman CB Logan Oce (63)
    • Sophomore FS Michael Butler (67)
    • Junior SS Rontavious Atkins (75)
    • Sophomore SS Demetris Ates (61)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

I don't know how to edit the Nicholls State mistake....

3. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Despite hot start, late interception proves fatal for Western Michigan
    Western Michigan came into the game as a big underdog. Michigan State was picked to beat Western by at least 28 points. Apparently, Coach Batchelor and his players didn’t get the memo. Chance and Van Tubbergen led the way as Western easily marched down the field and scored on their first two drives. The defense was very sharp and the Spartans just couldn’t get past it. Western led the Spartans 14-0 at the end of the first quarter. Although Michigan State did score one touchdown in the 2nd quarter, everything seemed to go in Western’s direction. A passing touchdown and an electric 97 yard kick return by Chance, got Western most of their scoring in the second quarter. They tacked on a 29 yard field goal to cap off the 17 point second quarter, leading Michigan State 31-7 at the half.
    The Spartans looked like a whole different team in the second half as they came out surging after a pep talk from head coach Mark Dantonio. Wide Receiver, Lippett, caught two touchdown passes from Andrew Maxwell in the 3rd quarter. The Broncos were held to a field goal, of 18 yards, after being stopped near the goal line. After three quarters, the Broncos still leaded 34-20.
    Michigan State drove down and scored two touchdowns, all while stopping Western from doing anything on offense. The game was tied 34-34 with under two minutes to play in the final quarter. Van Tubbergen threw up a bomb that was caught by sophomore star, Jaime Wilson, for a gain of 50 yards, to the 42 yard line. Van Tubbergen then threw 3 straight incomplete passes which forced the Broncos to punt. Michigan State got the ball on their 17 yard line. With the help of a couple penalties and a few catches, Michigan State was at Western’s 43 yard line with five seconds left and no timeouts. Maxwell then threw up a heave to the end zone that was caught by wide receiver Keith Mumphery for the win.
    Coach Batchelor after the game: “It stings. It stings a lot. We had the game in our hands and we let it slip away. We came out really hot to start the game and it seemed like we just fell asleep in the second half. I take full responsibility for this loss, as it was my fault for not being more aggressive with my guys and not pumping them up. This is a real eye-opener for me, because it shows me what this team is capable of doing, if we can just do it consistently. I’m proud of the guys for fighting so hard throughout the game. I’ve pretty much hated Michigan State growing up, so yeah, this stings a lot.”
    Week 1 storylines:
    North Carolina demolishes #8 South Carolina in 44-20 win
    #23 Oregon State nearly falls victim to Eastern Washington, escape with 28-25 win
    Mississippi State blows Oklahoma State in Texas Kickoff, 38-13
    #1 Alabama takes care of business vs. Virginia Tech, wins 44-37
    #18 Boise State escapes Washington with narrow victory, 38-35
    #5 Georgia knocks off #9 Clemson with 27-24 victory
    #12 LSU starts season off with a win vs. #17 TCU, 38-31
    Nevada upsets #20 UCLA 30-27 (OT)
    Taylor Heinicke leads Old Dominion to first FBS victory over ECU with 485 passing yards and 5 TD, 42-28

4. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Western Michigan follows up heartbreak loss with embarrassing defeat
    Western Michigan falls to 0-2 on the season with a bad loss against Nicholls state, 25-13. Western Michigan scored the first touchdown of the game on a 10 yard pass from Van Tubbergen, but couldn’t seem to get any offense going afterwards. Nicholls State led 16-7 at halftime and wouldn’t let WMU back into the game at all. Leading 25-7 with less than three minutes remaining in the game, Nicholls State gave up a short touchdown run to HB Scriven. Western failed on the two-point conversion and failed to do anything after that.
    Van Tubbergen went 10/27 and passed for 194 yards. He threw one touchdown pass along with two costly interceptions. Western Michigan could only muster 59 yards on the ground on 27 attempts.
    Coach Batchelor after the game: “Wow. I didn’t expect that at all. I guess I just figured we would run all over them and get an easy W. That obviously didn’t happen. It was kind of the other way around. My respect goes out to their head coach, Charlie Stubbs. He obviously prepared his team well for us. I’m just stunned. I know I won’t sleep well tonight.”
    Week 2 storylines:
    #4 Stanford squeaks by San Jose State with 34-29 win
    #17 Michigan gets big victory with 27-20 win over #7 Notre Dame
    #3 Georgia gives #18 South Carolina their second consecutive loss, 38-24
    North Carolina jumps to #16 in poll; follow victory with blow out of Mid Tenn State
    Old Dominion knocks off Maryland for second consecutive win with last minute TD, 31-28

5. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Western Michigan pulls off unbelievable upset
    Northwestern was 2-0 entering the game and they will be 2-1 leaving. The Broncos pulled off a huge upset as they beat Northwestern 30-28.
    Western led 14-7 at halftime and pretty much maintained their led for the rest of the game. Van Tubbergen threw for 284 yards, 3 touchdowns, but also threw 2 interceptions. Chance had his best game of the year, with 65 yards and a touchdown on 18 carries. This is Coach Batchelor’s first career FBS victory.
    Coach Batchelor: “What a great feeling! My first ever FBS win comes against a very talented Big Ten school. I couldn’t be more proud of my guys. They fought the whole game and closed it out to get the win. Hopefully we can do this more often. After such a bad loss last week, the guys were determined to come out strong this game. They practiced hard all week and refused to lose their third straight. Again, I’m very proud.”
    Week 3 storylines:
    #8 Louisville pulls off comeback win over Kentucky, 42-35
    #24 South Carolina falls to 0-3 as #22 Vanderbilt knocks them off, 31-14
    Tennessee upsets #6 Oregon 27-17, improve to 3-0
    #1 Alabama leaves Kyle Field undefeated, beats #5 Texas A&M 34-31
    Ole Miss defeats #12 Texas 24-17
    Old Dominion keeps rolling, 3-0 with 28-14 victory over the Howard Bison

6. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    More heartbreak for Broncos
    Western Michigan elected to receive the first half kickoff. They promptly drove down the field, where HB Brian Fields capped off the scoring drive with a six yard touchdown run. Van Tubbergen was 2/2 with 44 yards, all of which were to TE Clark Mussman. The Broncos then forced the Hawkeyes to go three-and-out and punt. On their second drive, the Broncos got past midfield, but QB Van Tubbergen threw an interception on a curl route. Iowa really couldn’t do anything and the Broncos forced another punt.
    Although HB Brian Fields broke off a solid 24 yard gain, Van Tubbergen threw three straight incomplete passes, which forced Western to punt. Another three and out by Iowa forced them to punt, too. Van Tubbergen then throws another interception. The sloppiness continued as Iowa fumbled the ball right back to WMU. Despite a deep drive, Van Tubbergen throws his third interception of the day, this time in the red zone. The Broncos’ defense forced Iowa to punt again, which led to a last second field goal from the Broncos. At halftime, the Broncos led Iowa 10-0. Western held a 9-3 advantage in time of possession. With Dareyeon Chance out with a concussion, Brian Fields led his team with 91 rushing yards and a touchdown on 13 rushes. Iowa was held to a measly 47 total yards, with only 13 rushing yards.
    Iowa drove the ball down and scored easily on their first drive in the second half. After punts by both teams, Western Michigan drove down and HB Brian Fields scored his second touchdown of the game. WMU led Iowa 17-7 going into the final quarter. Western Michigan received the kickoff and drove down into the red zone, but was held to a field goal. The Broncos led 20-14 with 59 seconds remaining. A long kickoff return set up Iowa at their own 48 yard line. With four seconds left, Iowa was at their own 15 yard line, where Cody Sokol threw a laser touchdown to his TE to end Western Michigan’s upset hopes, 21-20.
    Despite losing, HB Brian Fields was the only reason why the Broncos were even in the game. On 26 attempts, he rushed for 145 yards and scored two touchdowns.
    Coach Batchelor in interview after the game: “It happened again. We had the lead late, and then blew it. Our defense played very well all up until the last minute of the game. We should be sitting here 4-0 going into our game against Kent State, but in reality, we are 1-3. Brian Fields really showed me what he is capable of today. He really played well after Chance was knocked out of the game. Although we did lose, I saw some very good things from this team. They have showed me that, when at their best, they can compete with the best of teams. I’m still very happy with the team’s performance today. Now, we must prepare for the MAC and start winning some games!”
    Week 4 storylines:
    Georgia Tech beats #15 North Carolina 28-23, start 3-0
    #12 Notre Dame holds off Michigan State in 19-14 win
    #5 Florida comes back and hands #20 Tennessee first loss of season, 28-24
    Auburn upsets #7 LSU, 35-28
    #4 Stanford beats #24 Arizona State 26-20 (OT)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Western Michigan gets first MAC victory of season, beats Kent State 28-21 (OT)
    Western Michigan continues to play in close games as they beat Kent State. Jaime Wilson caught two touchdown passes from Van Tubbergen in the first quarter; one of 5 yards and 55 yards. Kent State HB Archer put the first points on the board for Kent State halfway through the second quarter on a four yard run. WR Jaime Wilson then caught another touchdown pass from Van Tubbergen with 21 seconds left in the first half.
    Western Michigan couldn’t seem to find any offense in the second half as they were held scoreless the rest of regulation. Archer scored two touchdowns on the ground in the second half. One was a four yard run late in the third quarter, while the other was a one yard run early in the 4th quarter. Western Michigan missed an opportunity in the third quarter, as their kicker missed a 39 yard field goal wide left.
    A late interception by Van Tubbergen killed Western Michigan’s long drive into Kent State territory, and brought the game to overtime. Kent State won the toss and chose to play defense first. After a first down pass to Wilson, HB Chance scored on an 11 yard run. With the Broncos leading 28-21, Kent State couldn’t get any yards. An incomplete pass on 4th and 11 shut down any chances of Kent State winning. HB Dareyon Chance came back from his concussion very well by putting up 108 yards on 18 rushes with a touchdown. WR Jaime Wilson was definitely player of the game, racking up 110 yards receiving on 8 catches, also scoring 3 touchdowns. Western Michigan improves to 2-3 (1-0), while Kent State falls to 2-3 (1-1).
    Coach Batchelor: “It feels great to get our first MAC win this early in the season. We hung in there, even though our offense kind of fell asleep in the second half. Jeez, if we could play both halves like the first half in every game, we’d be unstoppable. We’re definitely going to be working a lot this week on closing games and putting guys in clutch situations.”
    Week 5 storylines:
    #7 Oklahoma hands #11 Notre Dame second loss, 38-21
    #3 Georgia beats #15 LSU 45-42
    Washington State improves to 4-1, upsets #4 Stanford, 24-20

8. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Western Michigan stays inconsistent with 27-17 loss at Toledo
    Western Michigan just can’t seem to find any consistency as they lose their fourth game of the season at Toledo. Both teams could only muster a field goal through one quarter, as they went into the second tied 3-3. Toledo drove down quickly in the second quarter but couldn’t reach the end zone. They were forced to settle for a short 19 yard field goal. Toledo’s defense quickly shut down the offense of WMU and forced a punt that was returned for a touchdown. Both teams punted again. Western Michigan got the ball with 1:37 left on the clock and quickly drove down the field and scored on a one yard run by Brian Fields.
    Toledo scored two more touchdowns in the third quarter, which put them up 27-10 heading into the fourth quarter. Western capped off a 67 yard scoring drive with a three yard touchdown pass by Van Tubbergen to WR Collins. Toledo’s defense wouldn’t allow anything more and shut down the Broncos for the rest of the game. No huge stats were piled up as the most notable player was Dareyon Chance who ran for 89 yards on 14 carries.
    Coach Batchelor: “We are way too inconsistent. We played amazing last week, but came out super flat this week. I hope we can somehow change this. All we can do now is prepare better for next week.”
    Week 6 storylines:
    Temple knocks off #6 Louisville, 24-9
    #10 Clemson loses tight game to Syracuse, 24-19
    Georgia puts up HUGE numbers in 70-14 win over #24 Tennessee
    #12 Stanford loses second straight game in 31-9 blowout from Washington
    Missouri hands #18 Vanderbilt its first loss, wins 28-24
    #20 Mississippi State improves to 5-0 with 16-13 (OT) win over #19 LSU
    Arizona State beats #15 Notre Dame 24-20 in neutral site game
    Northwestern pulls off huge upset in 34-31 (OT) win over #2 Ohio State

9. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Western Michigan stays inconsistent with 27-17 loss at Toledo
    Western Michigan just can’t seem to find any consistency as they lose their fourth game of the season at Toledo. Both teams could only muster a field goal through one quarter, as they went into the second tied 3-3. Toledo drove down quickly in the second quarter but couldn’t reach the end zone. They were forced to settle for a short 19 yard field goal. Toledo’s defense quickly shut down the offense of WMU and forced a punt that was returned for a touchdown. Both teams punted again. Western Michigan got the ball with 1:37 left on the clock and quickly drove down the field and scored on a one yard run by Brian Fields.
    Toledo scored two more touchdowns in the third quarter, which put them up 27-10 heading into the fourth quarter. Western capped off a 67 yard scoring drive with a three yard touchdown pass by Van Tubbergen to WR Collins. Toledo’s defense wouldn’t allow anything more and shut down the Broncos for the rest of the game. No huge stats were piled up as the most notable player was Dareyon Chance who ran for 89 yards on 14 carries.
    Coach Batchelor: “We are way too inconsistent. We played amazing last week, but came out super flat this week. I hope we can somehow change this. All we can do now is prepare better for next week.”
    Week 6 storylines:
    Temple knocks off #6 Louisville, 24-9
    #10 Clemson loses tight game to Syracuse, 24-19
    Georgia puts up HUGE numbers in 70-14 win over #24 Tennessee
    #12 Stanford loses second straight game in 31-9 blowout from Washington
    Missouri hands #18 Vanderbilt its first loss, wins 28-24
    #20 Mississippi State improves to 5-0 with 16-13 (OT) win over #19 LSU
    Arizona State beats #15 Notre Dame 24-20 in neutral site game
    Northwestern pulls off huge upset in 34-31 (OT) win over #2 Ohio State

10. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Western Michigan can’t find second half scoring, lose 31-17 to Buffalo
    Western Michigan was shut down again in the second half, scoring all of their 17 points in the first half. Other than one tie, Western Michigan never held a lead in the game. On the season, Western has scored 110 points in the first half of games and only 42 points in quarters three and four.
    Week 7 storylines:
    #11 Texas stomps #4 Oklahoma in Red River Rivalry, 49-28
    Boston College hands #14 Clemson third loss of season, wins 27-24 (OT)
    #3 Florida sends LSU below .500 with 31-14 victory
    Baylor puts up 60 points, blows #17 Kansas State out, 60-21
    Penn State upsets #5 Michigan at Beaver Stadium, 24-10

11. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Western Michigan loses third straight, 38-29
    The reason why Western Michigan lost was because of interceptions. Van Tubbergen threw three on the day and only completed 43% of his passes. Brian Fields had a very solid game with 120 rushing yards and two touchdowns on 22 carries. This sixth loss likely puts WMU out of any bowl contention and pretty much knocks them out of the race for the MAC Championship.
    Week 8 storylines:
    #1 Alabama suffers first defeat of season; lose 35-32 to Arkansas
    #2 Georgia beats #23 Vanderbilt 35-20
    Late comeback by #12 Florida State puts #24 Clemson under .500, 31-26
    Washington State pulls off second upset, beats #9 Oregon 20-17
    Navy improves to 6-0 with 17-10 win over Toledo

12. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Western Michigan gets out of funk at UMass, wins 31-3
    Western Michigan improves to 3-6 (2-3) on the season. Van Tubbergen had one of his best games of the season as he went 20/26 with 207 yards and a touchdown. The real player of the game was HB Brian Fields who rushed for 253 yards on 42 carries, also scoring two touchdowns. Fields also racked up 118 yards receiving on 7 catches with another touchdown.
    Coach Batchelor on Brian Fields’ performance: “WOW. I’m speechless. The kid played amazing. One of the best performances I’ve ever seen in my lifetime. With Chance out, I think we will give the starting reins to Fields for now. Over 375 total yards is amazing. The thing I found even more amazing was that, after every big play, he would always give his linemen a pat on the back or a ‘good job.’ The kid is a true leader on this team.”
    Week 9 storylines:
    #4 Mississippi State improves to 7-0 with 20-16 win over Kentucky
    Kansas wins 5th game; beats #16 Baylor 20-17
    Navy wins beats Pitt 37-27, improves to 7-0

13. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

BYE WEEK
    [​IMG]
    Week 10 storylines:
    #22 Navy stays perfect with 20-17 win over Notre Dame
    In game of the year, #1 Georgia beats #2 Florida 35-28
    Michigan State upsets #11 Michigan surprisingly, 20-16
    After starting 0-3, #25 South Carolina won their 6th in a row against #4 Mississippi State, 23-17 (OT)
    #5 Boise State stays perfect with 32-29 (OT) win over Colorado State
    Miami (FL) wins 6th straight with shutdown of rival #10 Florida State, 27-3

14. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Western Michigan takes care of rival Eastern Michigan easily
    Brian Fields set NCAA record with 94 yard kick return touchdown on the first play of the game. The Broncos never looked back from there as they led 23-0 at halftime, and ended up winning 44-6. Brian Fields kept showcasing his skills with another amazing game from halfback. On 35 rushes, Fields ran for 182 yards and 3 total touchdowns (2 rushing). Sophomore WR Jaime Wilson had another good game receiving, catching 6 balls for 81 yards and 3 touchdowns. The Broncos’ defense shut down Eastern Michigan’s attack in almost every way, holding them to just under 60 yards rushing and well under 200 yards passing.
    Coach Batchelor after the game: “Step one is complete. Step two is next week against Central. If we can beat them, too, then I believe my first season as head coach of Western Michigan will be considered a success. If not, then it is a failure. I came here to win, not lose, so that is what I plan on doing.”
    Week 11 storylines:
    #22 Baylor flattens #8 Oklahoma, 38-15
    #13 Oregon wins battle against #12 Stanford
    #11 Louisville gets smashed by UConn, 35-14
    #9 Mississippi State wins close game against #4 Texas A&M, 18-14
    #15 Syracuse gets smashed by Maryland squad, 33-10
    #14 Navy stretches streak to 9 games; beats Hawaii 34-24
    #19 Michigan pulls off upset of #2 Nebraska, wins 21-17

15. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Western Michigan takes care of rival easily second week in a row
    Western Michigan came out firing on all cylinders as they cruised to a 49-21 victory over bitter rival Central Michigan. The time where the game stopped being close was early in the second quarter. Western led 28-14 at the half and didn’t look back from there. The two main factors in the game were HB Brian Fields and WR Jaime Wilson. Fields scored 2 touchdowns on the ground and punished the defense by rushing for 118 yards on 22 carries. Wilson burned the Chippewa defensive backs by catching 8 passes for 244 yards and 2 touchdowns. All Coach Batchelor did after the game was give a thumbs up to reporters while leaving the scene. Western Michigan improves to 5-6 (4-3) with the win and also wins the Michigan MAC Trophy for the first time since 2005. They also beat Central Michigan for the third straight year.

[​IMG]
    Week 12 storylines:
    #22 Michigan State hands #8 Nebraska second loss in a row; wins 24-7
    Ball State knocks #19 Northern Illinois out with 35-24 win
    #20 Miami (FL) wins 8th consecutive game with 45-17 shellacking of Duke
    #9 Alabama improves resume as they beat #5 Mississippi State 38-24
    #1 Georgia improves to 10-0 on season with 35-25 win at Auburn

16. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

BYE WEEK
    [​IMG]

Week 13 storylines:
    Northwestern upsets #16 Michigan State with 31-28 win
    Arizona picks up big 24-21 win over #9 Oregon, need one more win to become bowl eligible
    LSU knocks off #8 Texas A&M with 27-21 win
    San Jose State completes comeback victory over #3 Navy, win 24-23

17. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG][​IMG]

Heartbreak is theme for 2013 Broncos
    The game between #22 Northern Illinois and Western Michigan was tight all the way through. The game was tied 21-21 at half. Western Michigan thought they had this final game won, but with just 36 seconds left HB Daniels, for Northern Illinois, scored on a four yard run. The Huskies then converted on the two point conversion on a questionable call. This sent the game to overtime. Both teams scored touchdowns on their first drives. In the second overtime, Northern Illinois kicker Sims hit a 38 yard field goal that clinched the game. Northern Illinois won 45-42 (2OT)
    Coach Batchelor: “We’ve had so many heartbreaks this season. It’s so painful. We should be going to a bowl game but hey I shouldn’t be making excuses. Northern Illinois really performed well and earned the victory. Well, I am glad that we went 2-1 against teams from Michigan, 2-0 against our rivals. Now I need to get on the recruiting trail and pick up some big names!”
    Western Michigan finishes their season at 5-7 (4-4), which could’ve been 8-4 (5-3) just as easily. Unfortunately, that isn’t the case for the Broncos as they miss a bowl game in Coach Batchelor’s first season.
    Week 14 storylines:
    #2 Boise State suffers first loss of season, loses 28-20 to New Mexico
    Ole Miss dismantles rival #7 Mississippi State in 31-14 win
    #14 Miami (FL) wins 10th straight game with 41-13 blowout of Pittsburgh
    #25 Oregon State beats rival #20 Oregon 45-24
    #5 Ohio State barely beats #9 Michigan, 34-30
    #1 Georgia finishes off regular season 12-0 with 33-21 victory over Georgia Tech
    #3 Florida beats Florida State 34-17, finishes 11-1
    #6 Alabama shuts Auburn down with 28-6 win, finishes 11-1

18. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

BYE WEEK
    [​IMG]

Week 15 storylines:
    Baylor upsets #4 Texas 34-24
    Navy finishes regular season 11-1 with blowout of Army
    Oklahoma State beats rival #6 Oklahoma 24-10
    USF (8-4) clinches American Conference Championship

19. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

Conference Championship Week Schedule:
    C-USA Championship:
    Tulsa 8-4 (6-2) at Florida Atlantic 9-3 (7-1)
    SEC Championship: #4 Alabama 11-1 (7-1) at #1 Georgia 12-0 (8-0)
    Mountain West Championship: #24 San Diego State 10-2 (7-1) at #13 Boise State 11-1 (7-1)
    PAC-12 Championship: USC 8-4 (5-4) at #18 Oregon State 9-3 (7-2)
    ACC Championship: Boston College 8-4 (5-3) at #7 Miami (FL) 10-2 (8-0)
    Big Ten Championship: #23 Michigan State 9-3 (6-2) at #2 Ohio State 11-1 (7-1)
    MAC Championship: Buffalo 8-4 (7-1) at Ball State 10-2 (7-1)​

20. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

Conference Championship Week Results:
    C-USA Championship:
    Tulsa 14 Florida Atlantic 27
    SEC Championship: #4 Alabama 45 #1 Georgia 28
    Mountain West Championship: #24 San Diego State 21 #13 Boise State 35
    PAC-12 Championship: USC 27 #18 Oregon State 17
    ACC Championship: Boston College 20 #7 Miami (FL) 31
    Big Ten Championship: #23 Michigan State 38 #2 Ohio State 28
    MAC Championship: Buffalo 31 Ball State 6​

21. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG]

Texas A&M QB Johnny Manziel wins second consecutive Heisman trophy, receiving 1663 total points. Runner up, Ohio State HB Carlos Hyde received 1604.

[​IMG]

22. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    #3 Geogia 12-1 (8-1) at #8 Ohio State 11-2 (7-2)
    FINAL: Ohio State 34, Georgia 31

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    #17 Michigan State 10-3 (7-2) at USC 9-4 (6-4)
    FINAL: Michigan State 17, USC 14
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    #9 Texas 10-2 (8-1) at South Florida 8-4 (6-2)
    FINAL: Texas 31, South Florida 10
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    #4 Navy 11-1 at #6 TCU 8-4 (6-3)
    FINAL: TCU 41, Navy 20
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    #7 Miami (FL) 11-2 (9-0) at #5 Stanford 9-3 (6-3)
    FINAL: Miami (FL) 17, Stanford 10
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    #2 Florida 11-1 (7-1) at #1 Alabama 12-1 (8-1)
    FINAL: Alabama 34, Florida 14
    [​IMG]

23. Dylan Batchelor

Dylan Batchelor Walk On

Final Coaches Poll:
    1. Alabama 13-1 (8-1)
    2. Miami (FL) 12-2 (8-0)
    3. TCU 9-4 (6-3)
    4. Ohio State 12-2 (7-2)
    5. Florida 11-2 (7-1)
    6. Georgia 12-2 (8-1)
    7. Texas 11-2 (8-1)