Coach Box Week 11: Coach JFace

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

ESPN is partnering with Night Owls and has moved to every other week to get an outlook from one coach in the league. "Coach Box" will be asking the tough questions for question's sake, and a basically fun read. All questions are asked by an anonymous, fictitious, totally made up ESPN analyst from NCAA 11 and are, under no circumstances, a personal attack or inquiry nor does my possibly narrow-minded and irrational analyst, necessarily, reflect my personal opinions or views. Coaches are in no way required to respond with anything more than.... NO COMMENT. But just know that you are not a good, tough coach unless you answer the hard, tough question.

***Coach Box: Week 11***

Coach Face Please:

"Coach we are excited to get some thoughts from you this week. We don't seem to hear about The Wildcats much, but quietly your Arizona bunch is challenging for the Pac 10 Title and maybe even an at-large BCS Birth.

First question: What is it about Arizona that just has never brought attention to your football program on a national level? How is your staff going about keeping your team focused on the fact that they can compete for this Championship, even though Arizona does not traditionally win this league?

Second question: You guys are obviously in the race this season, but what's the future look like for your team? We really haven't got any insight into your recruiting class or upcoming stars in the program. I mean I guess your somewhat of an anonymous squad in that sense.

And lastly: What's your realistic goal in the next couple years for your team. There's some tough competition surrounding you at the top of the conference, and you seem to be the forgotten cog. Do you think you can overtake the likes of UCLA, OREGON and OREGON STATE? Are you even considering a National Championship?"

2. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

I look forward to answering these. Will definitely be attacking these once I get home from work tonight. I'm on a high after the big win over the Beavers.

3. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

Well Jayrah, the University of Arizona has always been more known for its basketball program thanks to the long success of coach Lute Olson. We also have a stellar Fastpitch program that US Olympians like Jenny Finch made huge. We don't make it a point to get out of that shadow, we just go out and play to win. If ESPN and the media wanna pay attention, we welcome you with open arms. In fact, we look forward to it.

When it comes to the future, we are very excited. This team is already young with only two seniors at the offensive skill positions. Our FB Sykes and our TE Baucus. On defense we should be returning about 75% of our starters. Our linebacking core will be hit the hardest but we have addressed that in recruiting already receiving verbal commits from 3 middle backers and closing in on commits from some outside backers. As you can tell, defense is where we are hitting the recruiting trails the hardest and it should pay off big time for us. You add that with the guys we should have coming back on offense and we're in for long term success.

Well in my first full season as head coach, i wanted to test this squad so i scheduled Ohio State. They showed us at that time where we were. However it made this program get tougher. We had a slip up against Cal and Oregon State that cost us a Pac 10 title. This team learned from those losses and we are on the right track. We bounced back from a tough loss where mistakes cost us against Oregon and let Oregon State feel our frustration. We're not a high scoring team so putting up that 52 was quite satisfying. We've got some great matchups coming up with UCLA and Washington that could decide the Pac 10. We will need some help, but we believe we can get it. Especially in the Civil War. Never know what happens in that game. If we can win-out we will definitely find ourselves in a BCS bowl, but right now the Rose Bowl is where we want to be. Look for us in the National Title hunt by next season. I promise.

4. Jayrah

Just a side note*** This was definitely one of those 'anonymous' ESPN analysts. I had nothing to do with it [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Jayrah

nice read!

As much as I enjoy putting these together, I really like your guys' insight on your teams. It's really fun for me and I'm sure all of us to kinda get a quick glance at our friends and competition! Thanks everyone for your awesome responses to ESPN! LOL...but seriously though. You guys make a great league with stuff like this.

6. mboda

mboda Walk On

Good Stuff!