Coach Box Week 3: Coach Mexi

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jayrah, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

ESPN is partnering with Night Owls each week to get an outlook from one coach in the league. "Coach Box" will be asking the tough questions for question's sake, and a basically fun read. All questions are asked by an anonymous, fictitious, totally made up ESPN analyst from NCAA 11 and are, under no circumstances, a personal attack or inquiry from ME (repeat: for questions sake and fun read), nor does my possibly narrow-minded and irrational analyst, necessarily, reflect my personal opinions or views. Coaches are in no way required to respond with anything more than.... NO COMMENT. But just know that you are not a good, tough coach unless you answer the hard, tough questions. Mwahahaha. All coaches are invited to join conversation.

***Coach Box: Week 3***

Coach Mexi please:

"Coach right now is obviously a stellar time to be a part of the Big 10 Conference. However for Wisconsin it's been a tough pill to swallow being a shadow to the Buckeyes the past few seasons, and of course getting seemingly shafted last season. What needs to happen for you to come out of their shadow this season?

How is your team dealing with the big win against OU? And at this point are you feeling like the best team in the Big 10, since the schedule committee has for some reason failed to actually give you a chance to prove yourself against the Big 10 "Champions"?"

2. MexiRican35

MexiRican35 ┬┐Te quieres naranjas?

1st Q: That's easy. All we need to do is win. Last year, the loss to Texas is what cost us. Fresno won, and that's what got them into the championship game. I'm no scientist, but it's safe to say that if we win, well be right where I want this team to be, playing for the ship. As for Ohio St, the have one hell of a program over there. They beat us soundly the last time we played them in 2010. There is a reason why they are national title contenders also. But Ive grown from that experience, and while we may not have the same players, this team wants to prove its worth. It is way to early to predict, but it looks as though if both teams win out, well have our conference champion crowned along with the nation's champion.

2nd Q: Obviously, it was a great win for our team. It defines the season early on, coming from behind against a caliber of a team like OU in hostile territory. I can use this moment and say "Hey, we did it against OU, why not now?" Because with 10 more games on slate at least, this team will face even more adversity. It helps to have a Sr QB in Budymar. He had to take his time coming into the starting role, but I feel like we havnt skipped a beat with him under center. He was the one who got this team together on the ride back to Madison saying "Hey, we got West Virgina to deal with now." I was pleased to see that. They are a highly rated team, and were contenders most of last season. So in my eyes, a big win feels good for a week, but a championship feels good for eternity. As for being the best in the Big 10, who knows? We havnt played a conference game as of yet. By the end of the season, Ill have that answer for you.

3. gowazzucougs

gowazzucougs WSU is better than UCLA

What happen to Coach Box, we didn't have one for Week 4?

4. Jayrah

Jayrah AllCougdUp.com Editor - A.M. avatar Guru

Oops sorry got real busy. I'll get on Week 5 tonight