Coach Clayandlbf Interview

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by White Walkers, Jan 10, 2012.

1. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

How long Coach Clay do you think until you can compete for your first ever National Title?

Do you consider the first five years of your tenure with Clemson University to be successful or unsuccessful and why do you feel that way?

Why haven't you been consistent with your program? What obstacles have prevented your program from being a dominant powerhouse in the ACC?

There is chatter flowing around Clemson coming from unhappy fans. What do you have to say to them at this point of the season concerning your 5-5 record and of your previous 5 years with the program?

2. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I guess you cant put the @ in front of the name on a Title.

3. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I'll assist on this one.

[​IMG]

4. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

lol...was waiting on that!

5. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

How long Coach Clay do you think until you can compete for your first ever National Title?

- I believe we are still a few years away. First, we have to compete for the ACC Title. We've hired a new defensive coordinator at the start of this season and he is working on getting his system installed and getting the players to fit his system. Clemson fully expects to be in the hunt for the ACC next season, knocking that arrogant FSU coach of his high horse.​

As for the MNC, that will be a goal for next season, but in reality, we still have alot of youth on offense and a new defensive system to install. We have alot of playmakers on the field, its getting them to buy in and execute on Saturdays.​

We will get there!!! Write that!!! Tweet THAT!!!​
    Do you consider the first five years of your tenure with Clemson University to be successful or unsuccessful and why do you feel that way?

- Well, I don't know where your been or if you took a vacation from college football and just forgot but, Clemson did win the ACC Championship in my first season here in 2011. We came up one game short in 2012. In 2013 we won alot of games and had some WTF moments, but it was a tough year with a touch schedule.​

I would say though, that this year and last year, we have deffinately underachieved as a team. I'm not happy with my performance and I would bet you would get the same answer from alot of my coaches and players. We are better than we have performed on the field.​
    Why haven't you been consistent with your program? What obstacles have prevented your program from being a dominant powerhouse in the ACC?

- Like most programs, we have had alot of turnover and a few misses in the recruiting process. I'm not sure if you've noticed, but the competition in the ACC has gotten alot better in the past few years. FSU is a good good program. UNC has alot of talent on D and a decent offense. Miami has been up and down, but this new coach they have down there may be able to pick them back up again. VT and GT are solid too.​

There's alot of good competition, week in and week out here. Plus, I would like to slap whoever's been scheduling our OOC games, because we have been playing ranked teams every week it seems. I mean, go look at Wisconsin's schedule. Now, I wish we had an easy road like that.​

Next question!!!!​
    There is chatter flowing around Clemson coming from unhappy fans. What do you have to say to them at this point of the season concerning your 5-5 record and of your previous 5 years with the program?

- Well Todd!! Like I mentioned before, (asshole) we won the ACC in 2011 and had a really good
    season in 2012. I would say, either get "All In" or get the fuck out.

Coach OUT!!!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  6. BigKing

Is that a no comment?

7. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

HAHAHAHA...thats hilarious BigKing!
    Clay what was that? lol

8. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I hit the wrong button....So read it now...There's your damn comment. :)

Cocky Marine BigKing

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  9. BigKing

Sounds like the responses of a coach on the hot seat.

10. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

It might be a little warm. Gotta win out. Heard this new Miami coach has a couple trick plays up his sleeve, so we've gotta get ready for that.

11. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Yes it does. Coach Clay mentioned quite a few times about his ACC Championship in 2011 and said the team played well in 2012...Correct me if im wrong but wasnt that 3 years ago almost?

12. BigKing

Yes I think FSU has owned the ACC for the past three years. And owned means not loosing a game.

13. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Thanks clayandlbf for taking the @ down...It was annoying.

14. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Am I correct or was your question not about the last five years?

15. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

My question was whether you feel youve been successful or unsuccessful the past 5 years. I guess in Tiger Town winning 1 ACC in 5 years is successful. So perhaps i was on vacation the following 4 years. Or has it been you thats been on vacation along with your team?

16. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I consider the last two years unsuccessful, yes. But not all five years of my career here at Clemson.

17. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

lol...you answered it correctly. I was at work when i wrote them questions.

Good night guys.

18. BigKing

Should have turned Coaching Carousel on.

19. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

I was thinking that. You think Coach Clay would be around the 30% approval right now?