Archived Coach Dangles Stepping Down!

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by DrunkenSoldier, Feb 4, 2012.

1. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

Its been confirmed, I will be stepping down as head coach of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish at the end of this season. I feel ive done a lot here and have set up The Irish to be successful down the road its time i take my talents else were.

With all this talk about the south being the best i think i will be taking my talents into the best conference in college football. The SEC. Theres a lot of good teams down there floundering and i'm sure i can turn things around. We should have at least 4 seasons left so i figure thats more then enough time. Now the question is what team to go to.

I will figure something out in the next week or so.

• Like Like x 3
  2. smace767

smace767 Walk On

With this announcement i think we should consolidate in two or three conf.

3. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

well our new user is heading to the acc i think

4. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

i wouldnt mind jumping to the ACC if it would help with consolidating to a few conferences... the "U" would look good on my visor next year

5. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

i think you might be right, it would be easier on JR scheduling wise, I would be willing to move for the better of the OD, but we'llsee how it shakes out with where the new guy, DS, and smace land, as well as if noles or tubb wanna move

6. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

the acc *shurdders* well that miami team i left has 1 more year of being good the last class i left and the one before that are SR and JR, and the Junior class was incomplete, well i cant remember i think we were lacking depth but i couldnt remember where, ahh yea the saefty spots and RB spots

maybe you guys could stay the fuck out the SEC and go to the big 12, i like OOC games >_<

7. DrunkenSoldier

it definitely would make for some stiffer competition. I will be happy to be fighting for an SEC Crown, thats one thing i miss, being an independent, is Conference play

8. DrunkenSoldier

come on Bama, i thought u would love it if i got to play you every year

9. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

i dont care...move smu where ever...i have no control over that anyway lol

10. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

you can come the cpu destroyed the roster of every other SEC not named LSU(dont quote me on that go look), AUB BAMA, and with Auburn supposed to be switching with mizzou, Ray forgot, it would be weird with 3 users in one division.

don't matter what Alabama will be fine any way this goes down, i got my team setting fine talent wise. I would of stayed in south beach but losing the acc championship game or not going and ending up in the chicky flic bowl playing the 5/6th places SEC team was brutal.

You and Smace can come, your you wont be a threat to me or stiffy truthfully

11. xGRIDIRONxGURUx

xGRIDIRONxGURUx GO DUCKS. WIN THE DAY.

took a long look at the gamecocks... but you are right... every team is ruined - seriously

12. DrunkenSoldier

Well at least its going to be a challenge, its gotta be better then beating the piss out of the weak big 10 teams. im thinking Georgia or Arkansas

13. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

whewww.... glad i clicked and read inside, thought you were leaving the OD...

14. KnightNoles

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  15. smace767

smace767 Walk On

I started this
    So that guys dont get it twisted. I am planing on going to one of my teams i have followed in real life and used one way or another in dynasties since NCAA 99.

Its a short list Colorado, Oklahoma, Washington, LSU, or UConn. My kids where born in OK, Wash, La, grew up most of the time in CT, but where we lived was more like the Wire. 20-30 minutes from Yankee stadium. Lots of housing projects with high rises in southern CT when i lived there. Bought my first house in Colo.

Its gonna be a hard choice for me. Colo has the lead. But both WASH AND Colo just hired new coaches. Im LSU burned out. I had Micheal Clayton, Early Doucet, Devery Henderson and Jay Vincent, J Russel, and JA all win Heismans in an NCAA dynasties. I watched everybody jump on the bandwagon and it turned me off. When i lived in LA and we wasnt sh!t and nobody outside LA liked us.

When we signed this guy it was considered a real major upset.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Collins_(American_football)

watch what he did vs Auburn after the 4:18 minute mark

Lou Holtz, Steve Spurrier, Tom Osborne all made the trip to Leesville. Think about this. Leesville was a 10,000 person Military town in CenLa that was an hour away from the nearest city over 30,000 about 4 hours away from a 100,000 person city. He rushed for 7,800 yards versus LA talent with no help. Carried a small school from a small town to the 4A state championship and ran for 3000yds his sr year in LA. Thats how good he was.

For those that dont know This guy played the fewest games of any primary football player that was drafted in the modern era.

What i mean is he was a football player, not a track or baseball player. He was drafted after playing 5 games in college. He had taken Kevin Faulks job who was a soph or jr. In fact Kevin Faulks career might not ever have happened in the NFL if Cecil was eligible his first year and didnt get hurt his second. He had basicly started to take the Dolphin HB job when his crazy ass started fondling women and breaking in houses again.

After recalling my days in Leesville i think i want to go to LSU. My team will still be underdogs and their roster is still in need of tweaking.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  16. Bamaboiking

Bamaboiking Walk On

well have fun and welcome to the SEC, have fun playing bama and auburn for the west title since we have 3 season jump on you. yes...auburn will be moved back to the west where they are supposed to be

17. smace767

smace767 Walk On

Whatevers clever. This is BCS CHAOS and with custom confs JR could move whatever around to make sense of it all. Thats my goal but im still gonna go through the carousel and see what i get. This way its random, a challenge and i keep my coach records.

18. Stiffysix

Stiffysix WAR DAMN EAGLE

it dont matter where all yall go. AUBURN runs this down here. so come on down and get whooped!

ScreenHunter_13 Feb. 05 19.42.gif
    just a reminder to the big ten guys thinking about the SEC, this is the NFL's training camp down here so you better strap those helmets on tight!

19. KnightNoles