Coach distrktFFIVE Jumps to USF

Discussion in 'Zeros to Heroes' started by distrktFIVE, Sep 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

Coach distrktFIVE Jumps to USF

Coach distrktFIVE made the difficult decision to take the leap to USF. He was born in St. Pete/Tampa area and has ties back there. He waited to announce his departure from UNLV until they wrapped up their regular season.

"I enjoyed being at UNLV but there is nothing like going back home. I will stay with USF as long as they'll allow me there. Plus, I will love recruiting kids from the Speed State." - Coach distrktFIVE

It is somewhat of a shocking move as ESPN has UNLV rated as a 3* program, one with back to back MWC championships, where as USF looks to be on the decline to 2*.

In another interview Coach was asked if he was going to bring his Wing-T attack with him to USF. "I am not sure yet. I think I will adapt to the skills of the players there. Looking at tape, I may move to the Spread HD but I will still focus on the option attack, maybe just not from the Wing."

2. Sabo

Sabo Z2H Commish

Congratulations on your new coaching position.

3. OnIowa

OnIowa Zeroes to Heroes

Congrats on the new job! Coach E is definitely glad he will no longer have to face your offense ;)

4. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

Congrats!

5. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

Quick question...what is the spread HD?

6. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

And who runs it? I wanna check out their playbook.

7. Zikry

Zikry Walk On

Good Luck with USF. They should be an interesting team to take over thats for sure.

8. maij17

maij17 PSN: MAIJ17

Its the offensive scheme of Penn State, the HD stand for highly diverse, since they have a load of formations to run in the offense. I rate is as the #2 multiple playbook in the game behind LSU.

9. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

So you think LSU has the best playbook and Penn St is second?

10. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

It is the spread but only better. Since it is "HD" you know like HD TV is better then TV and HD glasses are better then bland glasses. When you add HD to any word it makes it hip and trendy.

11. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

LSU has one of the best diversity playbooks in the game.

12. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

Haha! Thanks. I was curious if there was something different Penn St was using different than most spreads or if it was just a cool name.

13. distrktFIVE

distrktFIVE Walk On

This is factually correct. To be honest, I haven't checked LSU's playbook out.

14. maij17

I tend to like LSU's playbook from a mulitple scheme more because of the pistol, I tackle over and SG Tight, but I have played with both and you can do a lot of damage with either.

15. nrg_qbz-_-

nrg_qbz-_- Walk On

haha i agree(y)

16. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

I can't really do a lot of damage. I'm looking for a good playbook that suits the way I play. I like to control the ball with runs and short passes. I don't seem to have a lot of success hitting my wideouts on the outside so I am better with posts, crossing routes, and comebacks. I also use my tight end quite a bit. I like to run but don't wanna be too predictable either. I would appreciate anyone's advice.

17. maij17

you like 2 back sets or Ace sets ?

18. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

I find multiple playbooks offer a lot of diversity but they do so at the loss of any real depth and focus. I prefer to establish an offensive identity and execute that identity well.

19. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

I like a bit of both. If I have a good fullback I'll go 2 back, if I have a better 2nd tight end or 3rd reciever I'll go ace. How do you guys get good at passing deep sidelines?

20. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

If you have multiple good TEs and no good FB I would suggest the Bama playbook. It is the best 1 back playbook and allows for a solid 2 TE run focused scheme.

If you want to sell out to the run and you have great FB and HBs few playbooks run better then Miami and Michigan State.

If you want to run spread option rushing attack and you have mobility at QB and speedy HBs then Oregon and Florida are the best spread run attack books.

If you want under center west coast book that allow for running and passing Syracuse is the best you will find.

21. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

I have had success running from the gun and pistol as well. I just feel like when I play user games I become pretty predictible. Although I won't turn the ball over a lot, I will punt often...

22. Dannyboy0003

Dannyboy0003 Walk On

Thanks! This is very helpful. I will check these out.

23. maij17

To be honest I only have two plays that will go to the deep sideline in my whole playbook that are the first read, unless I see cover 2 from the defense and hot route to a fade, I stay away from that area of the field. Ball has to travel too far and I dont trust my WR's or the QB to get the ball out there.

24. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Corner routes are pretty solid against most Cover 2/3 zones that leave the buzz open. A go route with a speedy reciever can kill man coverage with a 1 high safety. Out routes are pretty solid against man and some zones. Wheel routes are pretty good too.

In the end, though, you are best looking at route combos to force the defense into pick between multiple bad options.

25. JVrazorback

JVrazorback Walk On

I would suggest Arkansas's playbook. It is a pro style offense so it is very balanced. it has Ace, I form, Strong I, Weak I, Full House, Pistol, and Shotgun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.