Coach Douglas' Resignation Letter

Discussion in 'Chompion's League' started by TheMNorthFace, Jul 20, 2013.

1. TheMNorthFace

TheMNorthFace Walk On

Chompions,

I regret to inform you that I will be stepping down as the head coach of USC effective immediately. This was a hard decision to make, but one that has been built up over a few years of playing this game.

For the past three years, I've had my reservations playing this game, but always bought it and joined an OD because Spayer419 jandy Boraby and Jbek have been long time friends who I have had off-line dynasties with since NCAA Football 07. I bought the game, played with them and always had a great time doing so.

Last year, when we first brought our dynasty to TSO and invited some of you guys (Hi Glen Cieske), I was excited at the prospect of competing with people just like us all around the country. After two years with Notre Dame last year, I had my ups (CAN YOU SAY HEISMAN? Cierre Wood can!) and my downs (damn you Spartans).

But one thing that was consistent was that I hated playing the computer. For whatever reason, playing the computer in situations of high-pressure (pretty much every week when you're a six star program competing against 11 other 4-6 stars) really becomes a burden on me. It sounds ridiculous, but that's just how I am.

Last year, to curb the situation, I've always just super simmed around it, picking and choosing my drives when I knew my team needed it most. That's not the way the game is supposed to be played though, so this year I've tried to go head-to-head for a full four quarters with the computer and I've limped to an abysmal 2-3 record in doing so. I can't explain it, because I tend to fair well against users (sorry for beating you back in the day Glen), but whenever I have to play the computer I get stressed out and don't have fun, win or lose. It's an unhealthy feeling, and I've decided to cure it by resigning from this league.

I fare you all the best, and I hope you will all allow me to continue to cruise the boards and join in on some of the conversations. My love for Chompions' League and all its participants has never wavered. I just don't enjoy this game like I used to, and I'd like USC to be coached by someone who really loves the game and wants them to win. Beating the computer would be good too :p

Thank you for reading this long-winded resignation and best of luck to all of you. Sorry for any delay my resignation may have on your pace.

Cheers
    Coach Douglas

• Like Like x 3
  2. MrWitness36

MrWitness36 Walk On

Wish you the best bro. Hopefully you decide to comeback in the near future and finish out with us.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Glen Cieske

Glen Cieske Walk On

No hard feelings. If you're ever in the Milwaukee area first round is on me. That pretty much goes for anyone in Chompions but then again idk why anyone would be in this area unless its against your own will.

• Like Like x 5
  4. cmassey13

cmassey13 Walk On

Been there, felt that. Take care and maybe we'll see you sometime down the road.