Coach Easy Resigns From USC Effective Jan. 10th

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Jan 24, 2012.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

In a stunning move Coach Carol Easy is stepping down from his leadership role at USC effective January 10th, which will allow him to coach his final game in the BCS National Title game against Oklahoma. If he wins he would be the second coach to win 3 BCS titles. This follows leaked documents that show he has had an agreement in kind in place with the University of Alabama since mid-November. The most decorated coach in the SEC over the past five seasons appears to be heading for a major cleanup in Tuscaloosa. Here is the statement Coach Easy released today.

It is with mixed emotions that I announce today that I am resigning as head football coach of the University of South Carolina effective January 10th. While we have built something to be proud of here, a program rooted in doing things the right way, of graduating our players, and holding them to a higher standard, it is time for me to move on to a new adventure. The joy to me lies in the struggle, not the victory, of knowing that we have built something that, with proper stewardship, will continue on after we are gone. Here at South Carolina we have done that, thanks to great players like Alshon Jefferies, Marcus Lattimore, Gilbert Bratton, Greg Williams and Sheldon Quarles we have elevated this program to new heights. The young men who played here struggled to find the pinnacle, and now we are nearly there for a third time. We have become the class of the SEC, and of the country for that matter. But with that being said it is time for a new challenge. Therefore, I will be taking over as head coach of the Alabama Crimson Tide. A program that has high expectations but has recently been mired in controversy, poor management, and lack-luster performance. I intend to turn the program around and make the people of Alabama proud of their football program again. Not just for what they do on the field, but for the young men they will become. Thank you to all the Gamecock supporters out there who made this thing we have going possible. Thank you to my players past, and present for selling out to the program and making us who we are today. I know I am leaving you, but I also want you to look back on these days with fondness. We rose up from nothing to become a power together. Thank you for that.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

This should make things interesting.

3. bdub

bdub Walk On

Interesting move, the South division just got a lot tougher.

4. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

You mean the west bdub

5. bdub

bdub Walk On

Lol yeah whatever, I don't follow the SEC.

6. The Dude

The Dude Professor of Dudanomics

Personally, I think we should rename them and call them the "Bought" and the "Paid For" divisions. :D

• Like Like x 2