Coach Firing: On or Off

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by AzureEffect, Aug 22, 2012.

?

Coach Firing should be???

Poll closed Aug 29, 2012.
  1. On

41.7%
  2. Off

58.3%
  1. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

This is another quick poll about having "Coach Firing" On or Off. I believe that "On" is the most realistic but at the same time I want input from the Owners. Honest opinion!!! I know as a Titans fan, seeing my Coach getting fired after a bad year or two would bother me, especially having who knows replace him but I want input form you all. I think it's realistic and forces people to be as competitive as they can but I dont think it's "necessary". Like I said, honest input needed.

Dboyfresh209
    clutchology101
    KaoticWVUFan7
    QJBeat
    bestactaround
    OptimusMagnum
    TheRealHalupka
    XLenceofXQtion
    brizz98
    JSimms
    MrWitness36
    ThatCoolBlackGuy
    SimFBallCritic
    pollux2
    BrownsTillDeath
    charter04
    ZCar352
    Anthrax78
    sschevyridah
    COACH RUCKUS
    MGovier
    RICO SUAVE
    JavierJAlen
    Singlewinghog
    raveneff
    stryder24

2. Dboyfresh209

Dboyfresh209 Walk On

Man that's a tough one.... although it does add a different element to the way we play and it makes changing teams more fun. What happens though when another team doesn't want to hire you? That's my 2nd question are we using the NFL head coaches or are we using created coaches?

3. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

NFL Coaches.

4. charter04

charter04 Walk On

If we get fired do we have to change teams with the coach or can we just keep our team and take on the new coach?

5. Dboyfresh209

Dboyfresh209 Walk On

Then in that case by all means turn it on, it'd be fun to see people having to go to different teams because they couldn't meet the goals and expectations of their franchise. Plus it does make it more competitive to try and win or reach your yearly goals. And if the one before you fails, you can try and step in with a fresh start and try to rebuild.

• Like Like x 1
  6. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

I believe this is the case, otherwise that creates a lot of swapping.

7. Anthrax78

Anthrax78 Walk On

I think it should be turned off for a number of reasons. Some teams need a couple of years to build a winning team or are missing too many pieces to seriously compete, regardless of stick talent. I will play either way but it is just my 2 cents. I think we would end up with league members scrambling for different teams after every year and will hold up progression as well. If you only need to change the coach then it's fine then!

• Like Like x 1
  8. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

This is exactly what I want, honest feedback.

9. OptimusMagnum

OptimusMagnum Walk On

What is the Coach Firing? Does that change anything? In other words does it change Playbook?

10. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

I agree with Anthrax 100%. This is a SIM league and a complete team makes a huge difference when trying to compete with top tier teams such as Pats, Packers etc. Stick skill doesn't mean anything if your blockers can't protect your QB, or open holes for your HB, or if your secondary can't cover receivers. You can't user cover every player every game. Not to mention receivers getting open or being able to catch.

11. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

I do also agree that it could be fun getting sent around to different teams, having to try your best every game. But I'd rather have it off, at least for now. It's a new game, new people to play against. Some may pick the game up slower than others and where's the fun in getting fired then? Lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. sschevyridah

sschevyridah Walk On

i dont think we need it. new game and some people may not pick it up as easy as others. atleast turn it off the first year if thats a option.

13. AzureEffect

AzureEffect Walk On

Appreciate the feedback. Keep it coming!

14. Dboyfresh209

Dboyfresh209 Walk On

I think when we get the game and get to see for ourselves how CCM works then we can make a better judgement. From what it looks like, every team and head coach have different goals and expectations. I don't think every team first year expectations is to make the playoffs so that relieves a lot of stress on that. Second some goals are to like pass for 2000 yrds or rush for 1000, things like that. That's why I feel it wouldn't be such a bad thing depending on what team your coaching.

15. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I just think if its going to be sim then coach's need to be able to be fired. Every year several coach's get fired. I just think everyone should stay with their team and take on the new coach. Then you have a to work with the new coach's system. Just like in real life. I think there should be the added pressure.

16. clutchology101

clutchology101 Walk On

well how would it work if like only one person got fired in a year? i kinda like the idea of gettting fired but at the same time with ppl moving from team to team each year the team rosters would start to look unrealistic with ppl trying and making trades each year to help with the new team. but honestly idc

17. BrownsTillDeath

BrownsTillDeath Walk On

I'd sat we have it on. It would make it fun to see coaches moving around (if they do) and even if you do get fired,you can just create/take over as the new coach on the same team,right?

18. charter04

charter04 Walk On

That's why everyone should stay with the current team and take over the new coach.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BrownsTillDeath

BrownsTillDeath Walk On

Exactly

20. stryder24

stryder24 Walk On

Agree, coaches firing on, but stay with team

21. SimFBallCritic

SimFBallCritic Walk On

Love the idea of coaches getting fired, for league purposes though we probably should be forced to find a new team. What happens if you have a 32 team league, no where else to go.

22. charter04

charter04 Walk On

That's a good point

23. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I guess it would be like real life if your coach gets fired and can't find a job then you still control the new coach. If your new coach was one who got fired then he is who you have. I just think keeping your team is the way to go. It's not like everyone will get fired in year one

24. raveneff

raveneff Walk On

I really think it would depend on the way it goes if you get fired, whether you can keep the team and take a new coach, or if you have to change teams as if you ARE that coach. I never heard one way or the other. If you can take the new coach, system, playbook and all, then I think it would be fun as well. It's one of those things where it has pros and cons, and could be fun either way. Honestly it doesn't bother me how we go about it. But I do like Charter's point. Truely SIM would have it on. But only if you can stay with the team IMO.

25. Dboyfresh209

Dboyfresh209 Walk On

I agree, then it should really change it from coaches to owners ya know. The whole idea is almost similar to NCAA and coaching carousel but with less teams and more owners. I would like it on but I would like to see coaches being hired by different teams just like the NFL. I see where that can be a problem but it would make the game so much more fun.