1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

Coach Gaddy and FA Matt Gutierrez

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Winuvas, Jan 5, 2010.

1. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Coach Gaddy and FA Matt Gutierrez

Okay, boils down to Gaddy signed A. Walter for what he thought was 2 points, and Matt Gutierrez for 2 points. Total of 4. However, we did not catch that Walter was worth 4 points, not 2. Since the two signings put him over cap, he cut Gutierrez, whom he just signed. Trouble is, when you cut a signed FA, you still get cap hit.

I think he should get a free pass on Gutierrez for cap hit since we made the mistake of awarding Walter for 2 points instead of 4, but wanted to put it to board for input.

2. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

hum, mistake or not i think he should still get in under the cap. we caught the mistake (howbeit late) and he needs to get under the cap.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

i have no problem if we just dont give him the cap hit for this time.

4. cadepetty247

cadepetty247 Walk On

i agree...let his pass this year...but count him for 4 points going into nxt year

5. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Agree with the above 2 posts, but only this year.

6. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I agree as well.

7. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

This was kind of my fault. I awarded him the player without making sure the bid was the proper amount. I will make sure I dont overlook this again.

8. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

After reading the posts I think I will wipe the cap penalty since it was our fault that it happened. This will be a one time exception though.