Coach Goes Out On Top Against His Home Team

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by TJM, Sep 5, 2011.

1. TJM

TJM Walk On

Tulane was just once an afterthought in the shadows of Louisiana State University and the New Orleans Saints. That all changed when a no-name coach came to the Big Easy with a whole different attitude.

To understand this attitude you have to go back to the coach's roots, growing up in a blue-collar Western Pennsylvania town called Johnstown. Famous for its three major floods, Slapshot, All the Right Moves, Tom Bradley, and Jack Ham, Johnstown was built by ancestors finding work in the steel industry. Nowadays, the town sits tattered and torn with the steel industry now overseas. Fall weekends were a joy for this depressed town as football brought relief. Western PA was built on hard work, from the coal mines to the steel mills to the football fields.

At PSU, he learned "Success with Honor" under the leadership of legendary head coach, Joe Paterno, hoping to one day take over the HC job. Many of the values our coach instilled at Tulane were taught to him by Coach Paterno.

Coach TJM brought with him a talented offensive mind with the one back offense leading to 1st Tulane All-American in years with wide-receiver DJ Banks and impressive RB Orleans Darkwa. His defense was far from impressive during his first run, but vastly improved in his 2nd season. His recruiting classes skyrocketed up to #29 this season, ranking in the top #25, putting up record-breaking offensive numbers - things were beginning to look bright again for Tulane, reminding them of their SEC days.

However the era that just started, ended just as fast. A once bright up-and-coming coach, TJM, announced he will be stepping down from coaching following the #18 Tulane vs. Pitt bowl game. Pitt, a school where many of his close friends would attend and where he would grow a strong distaste for, just miles from where he grew up, would be no match as his team played as passionate as ever, going up 40-10 by the half. He would put in his SRs, many of them who saw limited playing time throughout their collegiate careers, to go out on top together. And just like that, their careers were over.

Coach would not go onto be the HC of PSU, but he went out on top against Pitt, bringing him full-circle back to Western PA, where the world will wait for him to come back into coaching.

----
    I just would like to say that I enjoyed this league immensely and appreciate you guys accepting me into the league. Unfortunately, I could not keep up with content this season like I did the 1st. After last off-season and the whole transfer issue and then getting warned for throwing to my AA WR for 330yds, I just felt like I had already dug my own grave with the league and everyone here. Yes, I wanted to win, but in no ways did I ever want to compromise the integrity of this league nor the content requirements. I still would love to be a part of the league but unfortunately I can not dedicate the time for the required content.

I thank you all and wish you the best of luck.

Mullen, I trust you will take care of PSU.

• Like Like x 3
  2. mmullen8

mmullen8 Walk On

if by take care you mean 6-6...then yes, consider it done

• Like Like x 2