Coach Interviews

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Cgreen214, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Answer these interview questions if you guys want to. Figured we could do this to get to know each other a little bit better before the season starts.
    Name:
    Hometown:
    Former job:
    School your Coaching:

What is you favorite defensive formation?

What are your strengths as a coach?

What is the best movie you have seen in the last year?

What current or past coach do you model your game around?

What type of offense do you plan on running with your new team?

What offensive and defensive position will you recruit the hardest in your first season and why?

If you could build a team around one past college player who would it be and why?

What aspects of your current school lured you to pick them?

What user coach do you believe has the best chance to make it to the national championship game?

What user will have the toughest time making that happen?

What college school did you grow up loving?

What position did you play in High school?

What is your favorite gameday snack/food?

Whats your go to beer/drink while watching sports?

What user vs user game do you look forward to the most in season 1?

What 3 user controlled players have the best chance to make it to New York for the Heisman presentation?

speed or strength?

What type of Coach are you? The players coach, a mad-hatter/mad genius, The win-at-all-costs coach, the former star, or the old-school disciplinarian.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Name: Tyler Rogoff
    Hometown: Monroe, MI
    Former job: (to play along, not my real job) Monroe High School HC
    School your Coaching: UNC

What is you favorite defensive formation? I've always been a 4-3 guy, but I'd like to give the 3-4 a shot.

What are your strengths as a coach? I'm more of a tactical mind. I try to think 2 steps ahead of my opponent.

What is the best movie you have seen in the last year? Ummmm. That I hadn't seen before? Probably Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters.

What current or past coach do you model your game around? I don't really model my game around a coach. I've had my own coaching style for as long as I can remember, and I adapt to my players.

What type of offense do you plan on running with your new team? I'd like to run a West Coast style with a little bit of option.

What offensive and defensive position will you recruit the hardest in your first season and why? I'll be going after offensive linemen and linebackers. My skill positions look good, and I've got a couple of young QBs to groom. Secondary is good (although I'll add a few more guys), but I need to add a couple good LBs to the corps to change to a 3-4.

If you could build a team around one past college player who would it be and why? Offense, Barry Sanders. Defense, Lawrence Taylor. I would say Jerry Rice for an offense, but he doesn't need to be built around. Sanders was great to watch as a kid, and I've never really had a good scat back to use before. LT (UNC alum) might be the best defensive player to ever play. Imagine him as a 3-4 OLB. Terrifying. Bonus answer: Last player I would ever choose to build around would be Brad Dailey. Those who have been around a few years will remember him as the only 5 star I got the last time I was UNC (I think 11). Dude was a complete bust. He got WORSE every season...

What aspects of your current school lured you to pick them? UNC has been my dream school since I was 9 or 10. Plus they've got some talent to build off of. Not looking forward to year 2 with the QB situation then, but the team has a lot of potential.

What user coach do you believe has the best chance to make it to the national championship game? Probably chopper393. Washington is stacked with young talent, and the dude is good onteh sticks.

What user will have the toughest time making that happen? Probably me. I have to play LSUTRUTH, which is not going to be fun. Plus, my stick skills are severely lackin.

What college school did you grow up loving? I've been a Michigan fan since I was born (neighbor was fishing buddies with Bo Schembechler and Lloyd Carr, actually) and I've been a UNC fan since I was 9 or 10. I started liking Virginia Tech around 2007. Not sure why. Something about them lured me in. If I have to put an order, it's UNC-Michigan-Va Tech.

What position did you play in High school? Had I played, I would have been a corner, probably. Always locked guys down playing 2 hand touch or 1 on 1 games. Couldn't play due to a jacked up right knee, though. Bowled in high school/college instead.

What is your favorite gameday snack/food? Buffalo wings. No contest.

Whats your go to beer/drink for sports? I'm not a drinker, so I don't really know. I'd have to go with whatever I find in the fridge.

What user vs user game do you look forward to the most in season 1? Any that's not LSUTRUTH.

What 3 user controlled players have the best chance to make it to New York for the Heisman presentation? One of Washington's tailbacks has a shot at it. Chopper can run the ball, and both of them are solid. The RB from Arizona has a shot. Whoever Georgia Tech's back is should have a shot also.

speed or strength? Always been a power back guy.

What type of Coach are you? The players coach, a mad-hatter/mad genius, The win-at-all-costs coach, the former star, or the old-school disciplinarian. If you ask my guys on College Hoops 2k8 (As HarkTheSound can attest to), they'd respond with overly intense asshole who should get a T every game. I'd probably say a mix of mad genius, player's coach, and disciplinarian. If a player does what he's supposed to do, doesn't break rules, and isn't an idiot, he'd feel that he could come talk to me about anything. If the player can't remember which side of the field to line up on and can't follow rules, he'd hate me because I'd be calling him out, screaming at him, and probably cussing him out a few times. But as soon as that player turns it around, I wouldn't yell at him unless he deserved it. And I'm a think outside the box kind of person who doesn't really do what is typically done.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
    • Like Like x 2
  3. LSUTRUTH

LSUTRUTH The one and only

not that good but thanks for the love

4. LeGeNd RiPs

LeGeNd RiPs Is it football season yet?

Name: Cody Erwin
    Hometown: Athens, Ga
    Former job: United States Navy
    School your Coaching: Arizona State

What is you favorite defensive formation? 3-4

What are your strengths as a coach? I have a high level of football knowledge. Especially offensively. 4 year varsity starter at QB in high school as well as some college football experience at the University of West Ga.

What is the best movie you have seen in the last year? I'm gonna have to go with Django Unchained. Such a badass movie.

What current or past coach do you model your game around? I like to think of myself as a Tony Dungy kind of guy.

What type of offense do you plan on running with your new team? I plan to run a very, balanced pro style offense.

What offensive and defensive position will you recruit the hardest in your first season and why? Offense: WR because I will be losing a lot of depth there. Defense: MLB In the 3-4 Defense, depth and talent at Middle Linebacker is key.

If you could build a team around one past college player who would it be and why? Herschel Walker. He is the most dominating college running back of all time.

What aspects of your current school lured you to pick them? I love their offense. A lot of young talent.

What user coach do you believe has the best chance to make it to the national championship game? I'm gonna have to go with LSUTRUTH. Ga Tech has so much talent and the option game on 14 is ridiculous.

What user will have the toughest time making that happen? I'm gonna say myself. I've never played with Az State, so they are completely new to me.

What college school did you grow up loving? The University of Georgia Bulldogs. Grew up 15 minutes from Sanford Stadium and didn't miss a home game until I graduated High School. I know everything there is to know about the Dawgs. I'm a die hard fan and always will be.

What position did you play in High school? Like I said previously, I was a QB. On D, I played some FS. Absolutely loved it. Miss it terribly.

What is your favorite gameday snack/food? Chicken Spaghetti. Might sound strange, but before each game, a local church always cooked it for us. Fucking delicious.

Whats your go to beer/drink for sports? Bud Light. I enjoy other beers as well, but Bud Light is that beer I can always go back to, ya know?

What user vs user game do you look forward to the most in season 1? I'm looking forward to Cgreen and UCLA. They've got so much talent on that team. I'm pretty excited to see if I can hold my own against 'em.

What 3 user controlled players have the best chance to make it to New York for the Heisman presentation? I'm gonna say Brett Hundley, Teddy Bridgewater, and possibly Chase Rettig.

speed or strength? Speed. Hands down. Speed kills.

What type of Coach are you? The players coach, a mad-hatter/mad genius, The win-at-all-costs coach, the former star, or the old-school disciplinarian.

I'd say I'm the mad-hatter/mad-genius type. I'm always looking for new plays, formations, subs, motions, and anything else I can find in order to get the edge.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

Name: Charles Green (but my ingame name for my coach will probably be different)
    Hometown: Monroe , Ga
    Former job: Graduate assistant that has a Dad who knows people (real life - student)
    School your Coaching: UCLA Bruins

What is you favorite defensive formation? Im still a 4-3 guy at heart, but if I need to dial up a little more pressure I like the 2-4-5 as well.

What are your strengths as a coach? I would have to say my strength is my composure. If I get down I don't freak out and try to start throwing deep on every play. I am very patient and find ways to claw my way back into games. My D is another strong asset. I slow games down and keep them close and like a good long distance runner...I make my push late in the game.

What is the best movie you have seen in the last year? In the past year the best movie I have seen (which is surprising me as im saying this) is The Amazing Spider-Man. This movie was awesome to me. They took it in the right direction. I always felt like Toby McGuire just couldn't get the job done. Now with a new spider man I cant wait to see the second Amazing Spider-man.

What current or past coach do you model your game around? I will have to say Chris Petersen. He has built his program up from scratch and sticks with them. Very loyal guy. He is extremely creative on offense and seems to build his schemes on both sides of the ball around the players that he has and that is a sign of a great coach.

What type of offense do you plan on running with your new team? When I finally get the team I want recruited and put together I want a very balanced spread attack. I love dual TEs. The patriots offense would be a good description of what im looking for in my future offense.

What offensive and defensive position will you recruit the hardest in your first season and why? On offense I will have to say Gaurds. Since I have decent depth at positions I will be focusing on Guards. I want some strong quick Guards that can pull and get up field and block. For Defense I will have to say DEs because my depth at that position is going to be really bad for season 2 if I don't land some players ready to make an impact early.

If you could build a team around one past college player who would it be and why? Tim Tebow. He is perfectly suited for college football. He plays with heart and non-stop effort. The biggest reason is he motivates his teammates. A natural born leader that motivates the guys around him is exactly what I would want to build a team around. Oh and he was the greatest college running back ever not Herschel Walker. Lol

What aspects of your current school lured you to pick them? The talent on my roster has me set to be competitive for season 1 and 2. This will allow me to build my team up without having to focus on positions of need because of loss of depth. It is also located perfectly to succeed on the recruiting trail fast and often with a couple of winning seasons.

What user coach do you believe has the best chance to make it to the national championship game? I will have to say LSUTRUTH because Roggie has put an awful lot of hype around him and I think a lot of the teams in the Pac-12 are going to beat up on each other, so its going to be a tough road in the pac-12.

What user will have the toughest time making that happen? I would have to say my bro xxgoldie glocks bc he got last pick and Va is pretty awful especially in year two.

What college school did you grow up loving? Florida Gators!! I have been a fan of the Gators since Danny Wuerffel was playing QB. Grew up loving the UF teams. Plus my hatred for UGA only fuels my love for the Gators even though here recently ive had to hide in my home state from all these dawg fans. I miss me some Tim Tebow! Looks like he will be busy reuniting with Aaron Hernandez when he gives one of his speeches at prisons in Boston.

What position did you play in High school? In highschool I played TE, DE, and LB. LB was my main position. My bum bro was a RB and when he was a freshman and I was a Senior he punked out and broke his arm so I never got the chance to pop him one good time coming up in the hole. He claims I wouldn't have been able to catch him, but we all know that's just wishful thinking lol

What is your favorite gameday snack/food? Id have to say chips and salsa/ Nachos

Whats your go to beer/drink while watching sports? New Castle

What user vs user game do you look forward to the most in season 1? For me, I cant wait to play xxgoldie glocks. There is something about a sibling rivalry that just makes these game that much more entertaining. a game that doesn't include me that im looking forward to is between chopper393 and Hokie Effect I have played against both of these guys and I respect them both. Trust me...this match up may be the best game of season 1.

What 3 user controlled players have the best chance to make it to New York for the Heisman presentation? I think RB Darren Ervin under new Coach Hokie Effect has a great shot, look at chopper393 to allow WR Kasen Williams to have a breakout year, and finally Vad Lee will flourish in that Ga. Tech offense under new coach LSUTRUTH

speed or strength? Im gonna have to go with strength. I know speed is deadly, but strength and power break down the will of players and that little scat back starts slowing down over time.

What type of Coach are you? The players coach, a mad-hatter/mad genius, The win-at-all-costs coach, the former star, or the old-school disciplinarian. I would have to say im the balance between the players coach and the old-school disciplinarian. I praise during the good and can joke around with my players, but if my players starts messing up I have no problem putting in the next up and coming star. I will play my best players.

6. LeGeNd RiPs

I hope this wasn't a serious statement....

7. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On

lol just a jab....although he did break his rushing TD record, but def. messing with you.

• Like Like x 2
  8. LeGeNd RiPs

Hahaha. I don't even count his TD "record". He's a QB. Much easier to get rushing TDs as a QB than a RB.

9. LSUTRUTH

Name: LSUTRUTH
    Hometown: FL
    Former job: GT OC
    School your Coaching: GT

Like all defenses that are sound and has a player for every gap. If I had to pick if would be a 4-3 over. With the SS looming on the Weakside. What are your strengths as a coach?
    PlaycallingWhat is the best movie you have seen in the last year?
    I like Superman
    Style and philosophy is Nick Saban
    Some type of Option based scheme
    What offensive and defensive position will you recruit the hardest in your first season and why?
    OL for sure. WR after that
    If you could build a team around one past college player who would it be and why?
    Tim Tebow. Hard to replicate a winner like that in College where skills dont matter as much
    Option based school in Georgia and Florida pipeline.
    What user coach do you believe has the best chance to make it to the national championship game?
    I think all users will beat eachother leading to no one making it. Im not sure who is really good in the LG yet. I know I wont be making it.
    Id say myself due to the fact that Roggie keeps putting all this pressure on me.
    LSU
    FB/Guard in HS and FB and special teams in College
    Potato Skins
    I dont drink
    Roggie
    What 3 user controlled players have the best chance to make it to New York for the Heisman presentation?
    Vlad Lee my guy, Hundley from UCLA and Price from Washingtonspeed or strength?
    RL im taking strength. I believe in a physical philosophy however in VG its Speed all dayWhat type of Coach are you? The players coach, a mad-hatter/mad genius, The win-at-all-costs coach, the former star, or the old-school disciplinarian.
    Old school with a touch of new being a players coach.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  10. hskr8128

hskr8128 Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Name: D.J.
    Hometown: Omaha, NE
    Former job: Restaurant Manager
    School your Coaching: NC State Wolfpack

What is you favorite defensive formation? I prefer the 3-4 because I love to blitz. I like to bring pressure from different areas and try to confuse my opponent.

What are your strengths as a coach? My strengths lie in the running game and defense. I pride myself on controlling the tempo of the game with ball control and long offensive drives.

What is the best movie you have seen in the last year? I gotta copy LeGeNd RiPs and say Django Unchained. I love everything Tarantino does.

What current or past coach do you model your game around? I don't think theres really a certain coach I model my game after. Of course, I'm a Nebraska fan so the legendary Tom Osborne is my favorite coach ever but I don't really model my game after anyone.

What type of offense do you plan on running with your new team? I'm not completely sure yet. I'm not super familiar with NC State so I will be doing a lot of experimenting when I get the game.

What offensive and defensive position will you recruit the hardest in your first season and why? TE and OL Depth. I have two graduating TE's and only one other scholarship player at the position. I like to have two TE's capable of playing so we may go the JUCO route at TE in year 1. My OL is solid but has little to no depth going forward. Defensively I have to find depth at CB

If you could build a team around one past college player who would it be and why? I'm only 25 so I'm picking from strictly the generation of player I've watched. I'd go with Ndamukong Suh. I know it's a homer move but he was the most disruptive college defender I've ever seen play. I LOVE DEFENSE!

What aspects of your current school lured you to pick them? I liked the ACC and NC State has some interesting offensive options including Florida transfer QB Jacoby Brissett and young RB Shadroch Thornton. I can go a lot of different direction with this team.

What user coach do you believe has the best chance to make it to the national championship game? I know what chopper393 is capable of and he got a pretty solid team so he has to be my early pick.

What user will have the toughest time making that happen? I'd have to say I will. My stick skills are average at best and it will take some time for me to grow with my team. Expect the Wolfpack in a bowl game but likely not the NC

What college school did you grow up loving? Nebraska Cornhuskers born and raised

What position did you play in High school? I'm a big guy so I played mostly line. OG and DE but honestly, I wasn't a guy who got much playing time.

What is your favorite gameday snack/food? Gotta be wings or burgers

Whats your go to beer/drink while watching sports? When I drink, it's Bug Light or Bud Light Lime. However, most of the time I'll have a Mountain Dew next to me.

What user vs user game do you look forward to the most in season 1? There is going to be a lot of great user games with the setup we have this year. However, I'm excited to ignite the Carolina Rivalry with Roggie

What 3 user controlled players have the best chance to make it to New York for the Heisman presentation? I gotta go with BigBodySS and QB Teddy Bridgewater. Arizona RB KaDeem Carey could get into the discussion as well.

speed or strength? Most of the time speed. At RB, I want on of each

What type of Coach are you? The players coach, a mad-hatter/mad genius, The win-at-all-costs coach, the former star, or the old-school disciplinarian. I'd say I'm a mixture of a players coach and a win at all costs coach

• Like Like x 1
  11. chopper393

chopper393 Walk On

Name: Jeremy C.
    Hometown: Yankton, SD
    Former job: Sports Data Analyst (student job)
    School your Coaching: Washington Huskies

What is you favorite defensive formation? I like the 3-4, but the Huskies look solid upfront so I really don't mind the 4-3 either.

What are your strengths as a coach? Just an overall knowledge of the game. Not ever being able to play(too damn small!) I chose to instead to look at football from a coaches perspective very early in life.

What is the best movie you have seen in the last year? Zero Dark Thirty

What current or past coach do you model your game around? Chip Kelly has influenced me the most-studied the read option in depth for an econometrics project.

What type of offense do you plan on running with your new team? Some variation of the spread option.

What offensive and defensive position will you recruit the hardest in your first season and why? Offensive: Not a need right away, but I always like a good running back. Defense: Cornerback, you can never have enough elite coverage guys.

If you could build a team around one past college player who would it be and why? Adrian Peterson-The guy is a class act and was a stud on the field for Oklahoma. He is still my favorite player and I was glad to see him get MVP last season.

What aspects of your current school lured you to pick them? I wanted to play Oregon haha. Really though it was solid skill players on offense, and the fact they were on the west coast.

What user coach do you believe has the best chance to make it to the national championship game? LSUTRUTH GT has the one thing you can't teach...SPEED.

What user will have the toughest time making that happen? Me since you guys say that I will. I haven't played 13 since April and I still have to get used to the new engine this year.

What college school did you grow up loving? The Oregon Ducks. Since the days of Kellen Clemons(wish Dennis Dixon would have started his Freshman year) and Haloti Ngata days.

What position did you play in High school? Was too small to play 90lbs for the first year of high school, was asked to kick but broke 3 toes in my next soccer game. I play WR for our flag team which is fun.

What is your favorite gameday snack/food? Just give me an old fashioned cheeseburger.

Whats your go to beer/drink while watching sports? Whatever soda is in the fridge.

What user vs user game do you look forward to the most in season 1? HarkTheSound After playing against him and going back and forth the previous 3 years, I didn't get a chance to play him for '13.

What 3 user controlled players have the best chance to make it to New York for the Heisman presentation? QB Teddy Bridgewater, QB Vlad Lee, and Cal WR Bryce Treggs

speed or strength? Hmmm...I'll have to go with speed, but the holes aren't there to run through without strength.

What type of Coach are you? The players coach, a mad-hatter/mad genius, The win-at-all-costs coach, the former star, or the old-school disciplinarian. I would have to say a mad-hatter/mad genius as I'm always trying to find different ways to get my impact players the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Name: Cole Copeland
    Hometown: Montgomery, AL
    Former job: College Student
    School you're coaching: Boston College

What is your favorite defensive formation? As a fan, I love to watch the 3-4 at Bama. As an NCAA player, I run the 4-3/4-2-5

What are your strengths as a coach? None, I suck.

What is the best movie you have seen in the last year? Django Unchained, Now You See Me, and Man of Steel. (movie junkie)

What current or past coach do you model your game around? Nick Saban

What type of offense do you plan on running with your new team? Pro Style

What offensive and defensive position will you recruit the hardest in your first season and why? On the offensive, definitely look for my QB of the future with Rettig leaving. On the defensive, LB's and Corners

If you could build a team around one past college player who would it be and why? Trent Richardson. I just love big, bruising backs with surprising speed.

What aspects of your current school lured you to pick them? To be honest, I have no interest in BC. LOL. But I will roll with them and try to dominate the north.

What user coach do you believe has the best chance to make it to the national championship game? LSUTRUTH

What user will have the toughest time making that happen? Me

What college school did you grow up loving? Bama. Roll MF Tide

What position did you play in High school? I didn't play football. I was the captain of my baseball team as a SS

What is your favorite gameday snack/food? Wings

Whats your go to beer/drink while watching sports? Captain and Coke (I'm only 19, so I am a rebel)

What user vs user game do you look forward to the most in season 1? LSUTRUTH I want to test my skills with the best player (supposedly) in the league.

What 3 user controlled players have the best chance to make it to New York for the Heisman presentation? Fuck if I know. All I know is Teddy Bridgewater has to be on top of the possibilities from our 2 conferences

speed or strength? Strength. Fuck those speedsters, put them on their ass a few times and they will crumble.

What type of Coach are you? The players coach, a mad-hatter/mad genius, The win-at-all-costs coach, the former star, or the old-school disciplinarian. The sucky one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LSUTRUTH

Shit guys why do yall think im so good? I havent done anything to say so

14. Cole Copeland

I've heard things from some Xbox guys. Both good and bad ;)

15. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

Name: Logan Martinez
    Hometown: Hope Mills, NC
    Former job: UNC student
    School your Coaching: Oregon State

I've always been a 4-3 guy since I've been "coaching" football teams.

What are your strengths as a coach?
    Running the ball, specifically the read option stuff. Just because most of my plays are out of the shotgun doesn't mean my teams are soft. We love to have mobile QBs and backs that have a good balance of strength and speed.

What is the best movie you have seen in the last year?
    Django. Absolutely fantastic movie.

I would say a combination of every Spread option style you could find. More Urban Meyer than Mike Leach or June Jones for sure.

What I like to call the "Power Spread." People who have played me in the past are familiar with what I run. I like 2 or 3 WR sets in the Gun with 2 TEs.

I'll definitely be recruiting QB the hardest in my first season. There are no mobile guys on Oregon State at the moment...On defense, the focus will be in the secondary as the safeties I have right now are...shall I say, spotty at beast.

College Bo Jackson. After watching that 30 for 30 documentary, that's all I needed to see about his career.

Well, I was more or less forced to coach this program...but the new uniforms look pretty sweet - I love the black and orange color scheme along with the all white uni combo.

chopper393 always competes for a championship every year. Don't think that's gonna change.

There are a lot of good users in the Pac-12. Based on what I know, I think that UniQue2Three and Cgreen214 are gonna give everyone problems, Chopper included.

UNC. Always have, always will. Now a proud alum of the school!

Never played football for a team - just loved to muck it up in the background with a group of buddies growing up. Not nearly athletic enough to play, unfortunately. I usually played QB, though.

Any type of junk food, really. Pizza. Chips. Whatever I'm feelin' that day.

I usually just drink water, as boring as that sounds. I quit drinking soda for the most part and I'm not a huge fan of beer.

Hopefully UniQue2Three is on my schedule - we had some fun battles last year between UNC and FSU. I sure wish chopper393 wasn't in my division though...

What 3 user controlled players have the best chance to make it to New York for the Heisman presentation? Skill players from Georgia Tech, Washington, and probably Arizona are gonna be in contention every year I think.

speed or strength?
    Speed. As important as it is to have strength, I just love to have my scat backs and mobile QBs.

What type of Coach are you?
    I honestly feel like I can be the MOP (Master of Panic). This game causes me to stress and get mad way more than I should, Lol.

• Like Like x 2
  16. HarkTheSound

HarkTheSound Walk On

We have a Brad Dailey sighting!!!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Cole Copeland

Can't see shit with it all white lol

18. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    I didn't know you people were going to be overachievers and change font colors. Happy now?

• Like Like x 1
  19. LeGeNd RiPs

ANARCHY!!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Cole Copeland

Yes :)

• Like Like x 1
  21. Cole Copeland

• Like Like x 2
  22. BigBodySS

BigBodySS Shake N' Bake!

Name: BigBodySS
    Hometown: Tallahassee, FL
    Former job: FSU DC (My coach will be named Mickey Andrews)
    School your Coaching: Louisville

*Note: All of my answers about my coaching ability, style of play, formations, etc... will be heavily influenced by the fact that I absolutely abhor cheese. If I had my preference I would play a smash mouth/play action heavy brand of football, kind of like the Steelers or Bears of old. The problem is that there is only so much these developers and programmers can do to these games so there end up being certain plays/formations that this game simply cannot stop. If I find that something works too much I just quit doing it b/c it is impossible to make adjustments and get your AI players to read/react/handle certain plays in certain ways. Examples of this are crossing routes, posts/deep passes up the hash marks and in previous years versions the FB Dive. I'm so sensitive to all of this that if something works I just quit doing it. What ends up happening is I use a very, very small percentage of my playbook during User games b/c I don't want to take advantage of a broken game - I don't want to win that way and no one should have to lose that way.

What is you favorite defensive formation? 4-3 b/c it's the least cheesy. The broken Oline play means that anyone using a 3-4 or a 2-4-5 hardly ever gets their LB's blocked like they should. Every DT turns into Mount Cody and eats up like three or four blockers which is asinine.

What are your strengths as a coach? Running, always struggle to pass early on in these games.

What is the best movie you have seen in the last year? I love movies but my wife and I just had our first child and I seriously haven't had two hours to sit and to watch any. As a result I watch more TV shows. I would say Game of Thrones, Walking Dead and Modern Family have been our favorites over the past year.

What current or past coach do you model your game around? Probably Bobby Bowden. Lean on the RB's a lot and use play action off of that (of course play-action hasn't worked in this game like it should since next-gen took over)

What type of offense do you plan on running with your new team? Pro-style

What offensive and defensive position will you recruit the hardest in your first season and why? I LOVE lineman. Always been a fan of the big uglies up front. Problem is this game has broken line play so a stud DE or stud OT don't have the impact they should. Still, I am what I am so I'll be going after lineman heaviest I'm sure.

If you could build a team around one past college player who would it be and why? Fuck you guys for making me admit this... Tim Tebow. I respect his game as a college player so much, he was unstoppable it seemed. He's the perfect college football player. He's also the best example ever of the differences between college and NFL because pro teams are just lost as to what to do with him.

What aspects of your current school lured you to pick them? TEDDY!!!

What user coach do you believe has the best chance to make it to the national championship game? The two best players I played against were HarkTheSound and chopper393. Chopper especially was good, he's my pick for NC.

What user will have the toughest time making that happen? Me. I'm a victim of my own conservative nature. I'll never open the game up enough to capitalize on everything you can do to score.

What college school did you grow up loving? Florida State Seminoles. Born and raised in Tallahassee, FL - I've gone to every home game since I could buy tickets on my own. If you guys ever come to Tallahassee for a game we have a kick ass tailgate that you are all welcome to join and get shit-faced at.

What position did you play in High school? I went to a 5A school that put 10 guys in D1 my senior year. I had no shot of making the team, just wasn't good enough. I tried out for offensive line as a guard but got cut in the last rounds of cuts.

What is your favorite gameday snack/food? Chicken wings, not even close.

Whats your go to beer/drink while watching sports? Jack or Captain. Make em strong all day long.

What user vs user game do you look forward to the most in season 1? HarkTheSound. I never could beat him last year, hopefully I can get him this year.

What 3 user controlled players have the best chance to make it to New York for the Heisman presentation? Hundley, Price and hopefully Bridgewater. I'm going to attempt to get him there.

speed or strength? Strength bends, breaks and bruises but speed kills. Eventually you have to get speed or you don't stand a chance.

What type of Coach are you? The players coach, a mad-hatter/mad genius, The win-at-all-costs coach, the former star, or the old-school disciplinarian. Players coach all the way.

• Like Like x 2
  23. xxgoldie glocks

xxgoldie glocks Walk On

Name: Clayton Green
    Hometown: Monroe, GA
    Former job: HC with Georgia Southern
    School your Coaching: Virginia

What is you favorite defensive formation? I use multiple sets with an emphasis on the 3-4

What are your strengths as a coach? Having coached at Georgia Southern, I am used to the underdog role and being underestimated. It is always a fun challenge to convince a lesser team that the possess what it takes to compete with big time programs. I am also adept at adapting to the players at my disposal, and will be sure to create some interesting matchups with my style of offense.

What is the best movie you have seen in the last year? The Hobbit was an epic movie

What current or past coach do you model your game around? I am looking to be like Urban Meyer who pioneered the spread offense. I will look to put my top skill players in space and let them make the big plays. I look to have a consistently productive offense. Also, I will look to be one of the top recruiters year in and year out. He has a fiery persona yet stays cool and collected . He is the perfect combination of intense and intact. Players love to play for him.

What type of offense do you plan on running with your new team? I plan on running a spread option attack and being the best at it.

What offensive and defensive position will you recruit the hardest in your first season and why? I am looking for a solid, field general with tons of athletic ability to run my offense. On defense I hope to lock down solid safeties that can cover a lot of ground.

If you could build a team around one past college player who would it be and why? Tim Tebow because he was a fierce competitor and never backed down. His ability to win games is astonishing. He has the passion that most people can only dream about.

What aspects of your current school lured you to pick them? Well I was lucky enough to have the last pick in this league and was extremely limited with my options. The were the best of the worst.

What user coach do you believe has the best chance to make it to the national championship game? In the first year it would have to be either Washington or Louisville. That can change pretty quickly with recruiting.

What user will have the toughest time making that happen? I probably have one of the worst teams out there.....and from the sound of it have some good players in the ACC

What college school did you grow up loving? I love the GATORS

What position did you play in High school? Going to a small school I had the opportunity to play RB, SS, K, P

What is your favorite gameday snack/food? Give me some beer and wings and I may not move the entire day

Whats your go to beer/drink while watching sports? I will keep it simple with budlight or miller light.

What user vs user game do you look forward to the most in season 1? I hope at some point I get to take on my brother....we always have close games

speed or strength? Speed don't lie

What type of Coach are you? The players coach, a mad-hatter/mad genius, The win-at-all-costs coach, the former star, or the old-school disciplinarian I am the players coach and that is why the recruits love to play for my program. I like to have a good time, but am all about winning.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Roggie

Roggie Back 2 Back

Featured Threads:
    Modeling yourself after Urban Meyer? I wonder which of your players gets suspended first for being a dumbass...

• Like Like x 2
  25. Cgreen214

Cgreen214 Walk On